Curry to change the starting lineup.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheAnswer8891, Dec 7, 2008.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

The changes are (and have been) in a continuous mode. CB gave him some elbow room to work the team out of future lotteries: he gave one player up to save three years and still have the ability to make another playoff run.

He will keep Sheed for the eventual payoff. Rip and Tay (especially Rip) need to find themselves with a consistent presence.

My wonder is how JD sees the future club in picking some in-fill options. Many bargains in the 3-6 million dollar range (i.e., Carl Landry out of Houston).

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Members in the 2010 class are not coming here. Besides, i think they'd care far more if we were treating a long term player this way as opposed to a 1-year rental.

3. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

i don't understand why we are catering to Iverson. Which one of those vets hasn't won before? If he wants to win then it should be him making sacrifices. Only one of our guards isn't in our future plan, and we're catering to him?

In the end (and we'll be discussing this in chat) we are going to find out that appeasing both AI and Rip is, in the end, going to make everyone unhappy, when we are playing .500 ball.

4. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

This is stupid. MC is starting to loose my repect. All players (except Stuckey) were in there the 1st Q when NY build that lead, what happend to accountability. The unit that managed to get back into the game had Arron in there and not Rip (he was ejected 1 min into the 4th Q).
    Then a few games ago MC said Sheed cannot cover it all by himself so we need Kwame in there and now Kwame is out again and Sheed is back to 5.
    Who is gonna rebound?? Prince all by himself? Sheed had 0 rebounds 1st half against NY and i think he had 1 rebound the previous sunday.

And what is gonna happen if we play Phoenix or LA, put Kwame back in again. All these changes are gonna confuse the players. MC should get some consistancy in the starting lineup.
    Curry should have kept Sheed/Dice/Max at 4, with Amir/Kwame at 5 (depending on matchup), Tay/Arron at 3, Rip/AI at 2 and Stuckey at 1
    Put AI on the bench and rotate Stuckey/AI/Rip on the 1 and 2 spot during the game.

Problem with Curry is that he is to scared to send AI to the bench. Don't know if anyone remembers Adrian Dantley traded for Mark Aguirre.
    Dantley was a pure scorer and starter, Aguirre was Dallas topscorer/NBA topscorer. Aguirre was a Detroit started right after the trade but started coming of the bench at the end of the season in exhange for Rodman now being the starter. Why? Because it worked out better that way.
    Atleast Chuck Daley had the guts to do whatever was needed to make the team perform better.

5. max

max All-Star

Typically you start your best players. Those would be AI, RIP, Tay, Sheed and Maxiel. At least in my opinion. Coach should be able to make it work.

6. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

We're starting four shooting guards (Stuckey, Iverson, Hamilton, Wallace). :stirthepot:

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

FIve best: AI, Afflalo, Prince, Amir, Sheed.

Rip does not make the list, as he can't handle the ball, and can't finish at the basket. JMAX is too short to make the list. But I would put Stuckey at 8, with Rip and JMAX at 6 and 7, so we are really not that far off in agreement.

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yeah, I guess Denver is out too, since they dumped AI. (please read with sarcastic tone)

9. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Curry's love for small ball is really going to make me vomit.

10. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Did you have a chat with Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire or something?

11. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Come on, Tay's jumper is not that bad. I'm sure he can play the 2.

12. Pacman

Pacman Second Round Draft Pick

good luck on tonight's game. hope this small starting line up will work.

13. max

max All-Star

Going to throw him under the bus after a few bad games? You know he can do those things, just out of sync now.

Also if they do want to start Stucky then Curry should bite the bullet and bench AI.

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No doubt. Like it or not, AI and Rip are your two best players. If you want to win a Championship, you have to have these two working together on both ends of the floor. They must both be playing heavy minutes come playoff time. It hasn't worked out yet. The coaching staff needs to figure it out soon.

If you're a head coach and you have both of these All-Stars coming off your bench, then you might just as well wear a sign on your back that says "Please fire me today."

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Do the Celtics change their starting line-up based on who their playing?

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm pretty sure Doc Rivers had Garnett come off the bench so that they could play small ball against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

17. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

But do we have to do everything the Celtics do? If the Celtics jumped off a bridge, would we do it?:pound:

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If the Celtics win a championship, I would definitely say we have to do everything they do!

19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bring it on. I look really good in green.

20. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

okay, well, then, the way to start is by sucking for what? oh, about ten or fifteen years and then buying up two superstars to go with a third we already have (i guess we better get one of those first) ... oh, and maybe we can use some of our capspace to get scalabrini:cop: