Dale Davis arrested

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Aug 2, 2006.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

Beat me to it!
    :eyebrows:
  2. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I was thinking more like an autographed picture of Larry Brown.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Actually, I stole it from you. :P

LOL. Nah. Larry couldn't even hold his own urine back, let alone a 7' Dorkenstein
  4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Reading the police report I kind of think the cops are not telling the whole truth. What sane person charges toward armed police officers with his fist balled?? If Dale was intoxicated then I could have seen this happening. I believe these cops got excited and afraid of the big man when Dale raised his voice and became animated and tasered him in response to that out of fear of what he might do. Well you can't just use excessive force like that on what someone might do especially if they don't have a weapon and no weapon was been seen.

Whatever happened to cops tackling a suspect and taking him down? Don't they train these guys?? It would be different if they tried to subdue him and take him down and he punched or assualted one of the cops then you should then taser him and do what you have to to get him into custody. With all that said it could have been worse. The copsy could have pulled their glocks out and blew Dale into next years NBA Finals.:doh:
  5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

If anyone has seen the Lost Chappelle show episodes, there's a skit where Charlie Murphy plays a Black Frankenstein, and goes berserk in his office, tearing off a co-workers arm. When the cops show, he calls them racist and clenches his fists, just before they shoot him. Everytime I see Dale, I'm gonna think of that scene.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Roscoe,
    Arnie's already on it... A couple light jolts during warmups and D.D. becomes The Detroit Taz...
    What was left out of the police report were Dale's chants..."Lordy I found the fountain.. hit me up again brotha!":flame:

Unfortunately this motivational technique was a year too late for Darko:doh:
  7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

As I'm rocking with Ace of Base and reading the police report on DD, it just occurred to me, what if the same thing happened and it was Darko, not Dale?

We got it a.. backwards in the D. We put more scrutiny and tougher conditions on the lottery pick than on the aging veteran.

#2 pick, 17, upside up the gazoo, too immature, we dump him after 3 years, yeah he plays well, but he complains about PT, and doesnt have Pistons DNA, outta here, helps Orlando finish the season on an upside, and becomes the foundation for his National Team.

Aging Vet, happy to collect his paycheck while sitting on the bench, gets kicked out of a hotel, charges the cops, gets tazered, no big deal, we need the experience and maturity, Pistons have no comment.

I'm officially off the Joe D bandwagon.
  8. MaxieltheBeast

MaxieltheBeast Second Round Draft Pick

yep,got signed last summer.
  9. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

It was a joke.

He never played. It was a pointless signing.
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He could of helped a lot though. Flip was so offensive oriented he couldn't realize that Dale Davis could of given us much needed rebounding help.:ohwell:
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

YOU have it backwards. :frusty:
  12. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Hit David Stern with that Taser everytime his refs make a bad call.