Dallas Jan. 23rd, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 19, 2009.

1. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Wow, could the Pistons have played a worse first quarter?

A few things to note....

- Allowed 31 points in the first quarter on 65% shooting to a team that is 18th in FG% and 13th in offensive efficiency.

- 6 turnovers against a team that is 28th in the league at forcing turnovers.

They better play a hell of a lot better than this if they want to win.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Bynum is just awful. He's missed the open man about 5 times since he's been on the floor in favor of dribbling. Someone text Curry that KB might be a good idea on Dampier. God this looks as awful as i pictured it to be.
  3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The Pistons pick & roll defense has just been horrible in this game. You cant go underneath the screen when Terry is running it... that's pure stupidity.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bynum has looked great to me the last few minutes.
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Really? His lack of ability to play PG is pretty much on display IMO. Dice was open for about 5 minutes before Bynum passed to him. He might get better with more PT to adjust, but there's usually a reason a player is a 11-12th man.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I know, it's awesome. I'm so glad we made the trade, because Chauncey fans were too slow, complacent, and couldn't defend the fans of other point guards against penetration. [quote Prof]
    -
    Yeah but CB still has score board over AI in most categories.
    AI wins the Mindless Basketball Fans Player Love category. Hands down.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That would actually be the perfect award for him. So i guess Curry's solution when Rip is playing well is that we play small ball ? b/c we didn't just spend half a season demonstrating that doesn't work.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I am just shocked by how many times this team is turning the ball over tonight.... it's absurd! Dallas is just about the worst team in the league in forcing turnovers, yet the Pistons are in double figures and the half isn't even over yet.

That's the only thing that has stopped them from scoring in the half... careless mistakes.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Stuckey is the only thing that we have that resembles a PG. We're shooting 50% and down 12 LOL

edited to add;

Sheed is either injured, bored, or in depressed Rip has been benched. Regardless, he's sleepwalking out there. I really don't enjoy watching AI and Stuck pass to each other for jumpshots b/c our spacing goes to hell with this line-up. When they're both not getting into the lane, the offense looks so shaky. I remember when this team actually looked like they liked each other.
    I'd like someone to ask Curry why we went small? There should be a half-time piece focusing on that.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nothing like a little SB to close out a half. :laugh:
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Worst defensive half of basketball I've seen from this team in a long, long time..... of course it didn't help that they turned the ball over a million times in the first half leading to a TON of fastbreak points.

Small ball is STILL KILLING THIS TEAM!! How many times was Tayshaun matched up against Dirk and Rip on Howard? They got torched nearly ever single damn time.... Curry is an absolute idiot.

And of course the problem persists when it comes to closing out halves (and quarters and games for that matter). 10-0 to end the half.... just horrible.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like our streak of holding teams under 100 is over.

And be honest with me here for a second. Did Amir really commit those fouls? You serious?
  13. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I thought there was some questionable foul calls out there.But it doesn't excuse the players for a lackluster effort and horrible coaching by Curry as well.

What else is new with this team?
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The announcers said that a few times too, but I thought the effort was fine. Dallas hit some difficult shots, we made some really stupid turnovers, and MC gave the gift of small ball for the last 2 minutes of the half. We had it cut to 2 points right before that. We got more offensive rebounds and we got to the free throw line more that they did, both signs of effort. Also, we shot 50% ourselves, which isn't too shabby.

But our turnovers weren't just turnovers, they were ready made fast break opportunities. That's what happens when the guards are the ones doing the turnovering.

And isn't Dirk one of the softest 4's in the league on defense? Sheed takes it to him in the post 1 time? That is just not cool.
  15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

they can claw back.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Let's recap what this awesome line-up change has done to the team since this game is pretty much over;

Opened things up for Prince not having to play with that awful Rip Hamilton . . .

Wait no b/c again there's a reason Rip is/was the 1 or 2 option on this team. Prince is inconsistent, and still took a limited number of shots.

Improved our defense? Well sort of
    [strike]
    Points in the paint
    [/strike]
    locked AA exclusively into the SF spot thus negating his perimeter defense on guards

Forced Bynum into the rotation

[strike]Got AI going [/strike]
    [strike]
    Made SB a once in awhile thing[/strike]

[strike]Opened up more minutes for our bigs[/strike]

A win against TOR

A blowout loss to a team that lost to MIL by 34 in their previous game

Made the team look like they need therapy

Killed our team chemistry

Made me think that KB is the real answer

Good start so far :good:
  17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

This team deserves to be booed off the court tonight.

That last offensive foul call on Stuck was just terrible though... TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HEINOUS CALL.

But it doesn't matter anyway.....
  18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Hmm. getting utterly burned by Kidd. What the hell? I like that we attack the basket more but dang man.

oh well. GO PISTONS!!
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Stuckey's defense always had a long way to go IMO. But having both of our guards be mediocre defensively is just making everything look ten times worse.

Not having CB is killing us in terms of assists, etc. but what's hurting us 100x more is AI is not compensating it with what he's supposed to be good at. We lost major production at at a guard spot and it's hard to make up for especially since our other offensive production now comes off the bench.

edited to add;

DAL is still at almost 60%. Crazy.
  20. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yeah cause our team chemistry was sky high during the 5 game losing streak.