Home Dallas Mavericks Tuesday Jan 10 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 7, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2012.
  1. Detroit

28.6%
  2. Dallas

71.4%
  1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Exactly, if I'm going to pay for a ticket to watch these clowns, Tay is certainly not worth the price of admission. Very pathetic.

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I remember looking at the schedule when they were 2-3. My hope was that they could play the next 5 games and be at .500 basketball. Isaw tougher teams on the schedule, but they had played several competitive games.
    I just didn't figure on 5 disgraceful losses.

3. BillLaimbeer

If you look at the box score of this game, it looks like a blowout.

This game was much more than a blowout. It was an embarrassment. Most of the Piston players looked like they didn't belong on the floor. The Mavs players were mocking the Pistons. They were yelling and laughing on the bench, giggling and telling jokes with the fans. I wonder if we have hit rock bottom yet.

4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Oh Hell Yes, this is the last moment before the team is either gutted, or relocated. This is a stinker of a team, the thing that scares me most is the contracts Tay and Stuck got. I thought maybe they were gonna get signed and moved...it now appears they will be with us for the foreseeable future. Ive been through the rebuilding before but I dont even remember it bein this bad in the TEAL days. Otis Thorpe and 3Mills...Oliver Miller, Bison Dele, Sean Elliot. Olden Polynece....Ive been there before but i really dont remember feeling this bad about a team.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  5. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

thats good, I love Blahas reaction..." a couple fans enjoyin cocktails, dressed innapropriately"

7. max

max All-Star

Assuming this year continues on pace then I believe this will be the worst stretch since the pre-Isiah years. Isiah was drafted in what 1982. Bad as Teal was they usually made the playoffs.

No comments on the game.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There is another GM named Joe Dumars?

9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It was no contest from the start. It looked like most Piston players already were resigned to the fact that it was a loss.

A few things, Macklin looks hungry and is very active. He did a few good post moves as well. He looked very active and aware on the defensive end, and you can see that Wallace has been spending time with him. Given how horrible Tay is playing, I think it would be a good idea to give the nod to start Macklin at the 4 and JJ at the 3. When he comes back, start Knight-Stuckey-JJ-Macklin-Monroe and see what happens. Mind you, I'm not saying that we'll start winning games, but it's something worth trying to see what these young guns are capable of.

One thing on Daye: everybody talks about how he's struggling with his shot etc, but the more problematic aspect of his game is his defense. It's atrocious! I mean, the entire team sucks defensively, but Daye looked like he was being mentored by CV when it comes to defense. Absolutely terrible. Spare me the "but he's got long arms and contest shots" bit, because all Dallas players seemed to blow by him at will. There was one bit where he actually happened to grab a rebound because it landed in his hands and Odom just yanked it away from him. They called a foul on Odom, but it wasn't.

Bynum needs to be in street clothes. The number of points he scored are meaningless and the announcers even commented that he only seemed to catch fire during the last 2 minutes of the blowout. Sure he can run fast and do a layup, but every posession he's on the floor, the opposing guard waltzes to the hoop. A cone could play better defense than Will.

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

what i noticed about Daye is that he plays at the same speed - a constant jog pace. Wilkins, JJ, Monroe and even BK turns on the jets to rotate or go over a screen sometimes.

11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

One thing that is fixable though is execution. There were many sequences where we seemed to do the right thing on offense but with the wrong people. In the beginning of the fourth we had one posession where we put the ball in to the post, when help came, the ball was kicked out, we made two extra passes really quick to find a wide-open shooter for a corner three. The problem was that the person passing the ball was Daye and the 3 point shooter was Wilkins. You see this a lot in the post too where Knight or Gordon, both decent enough shooters from long range, drive in and when the defense collapses pass it up to a wide open big for a mid-range jumper. The problem is that wide open big is either named Maxiell or Wallace. It almost looks like there is a workable playbook, but all the pieces are placed in wrong locations. The solution to the chess puzzle is there, but we have a pawn where we need a bishop and the bishop is loitering where the rook should be.

LA Dre likes this.
  12. copper

copper Bench Warmer

check mate

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This is getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous!

I think the DetNews said that through the first 17 minutes of play last night Ben Wallace was the only player with a rebound and he had 1!

The Mavs are the oldest team in the L and they're still way, way more athletic than the Pistons.

Has Stuckey already quit on the coach? That is some gr-gr-groin injury he is nursing.

I absolutely love Delonte West's game. The Pistons made him look like John Stockton though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dumars took Mark Cuban hostage in an attempt to sign West and Jason Terry to the Pistons.

I've never seen a team struggle to throw 6' passes like this before. I LOL'd when they showed the stat where they turned the ball over on 6 of their first 8 possessions.

Brandon Knight had 2 assists in almost 36 minutes of play.

Blaha was acting like the Pistons were mounting the comeback of the century during Bynum's late run.

Anyone remember when the Piston used to yuck it up on the bench? (I'm not talking about the time they all LOL's when Kuester got ejected last year either.)

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

15. copper

copper Bench Warmer

16. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Makes one long for the days of Flip Saunders..........:)

17. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

18. BillLaimbeer

linwood likes this.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was watching this live and had to chuckle myself thinking if they weren't Mark Cuban's friends, maybe it was Warthog and Lee had somehow they got to the Mavs bench and had slipped something into Delonte's drink to slow him down....it was already to late though as the Mavs were up 20...

Then I thought maybe Vinsanity was laughing because the two guys were asking West about Lebron's mother:MusicBigGrin:.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Blaha gets excited over a Pistons layup even when the team is down by 20 with a minute left in a game.

Most of Bynum's 20 points were scored in GT vs the Mavs scrubs.

Although it appears that in all five losses, the opponents scrubs were better than our scrubs and possibly could have beaten our starters too, based on the fact that our bench outscored our starters 48-38 last night (thanks Will Iam going to get mine)