Dare we dream? The Heat missing the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Kobe didn`t kick Shaq off the Lakers, Shaq`s fat ass couldn`t handle the truth. That he was a fat ass, and Kobe was the future of the Lakers!

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Kobe is NOT the future of the Lakers.........They will not win anything with Kobe as their leader. He doesn't know how to make players around him better. They have to adapt to his game. Shaq DOES make those around him better. Wonder if :yellowprison:Kobe 's HAD to buy any more bling for his wife......

3. Dlev59

Are you telling me Shaq would make the current roster of the Lakers better? That is without Kobe of course.

4. Nemo

No, of course not. Kobe to me is a big disappointment to me in the fact that he plays as an individual. He's in his prime and I just wish he were more of a team player. Shaq is well past his prime, and because of this, only turns it on for the playoffs. Kobe should have paid the respect to the Diesel that he earned as a good player while they were with the Lakers. Even right now though, I would rather have Shaq on my team than Kobe. The younger guys would get more from playing with Shaq than with Kobe.

5. Dlev59

Great, that`s your opinion. Obviously the Lakers and myself would choose to go with the younger, more to offer Kobe. Simply because he will bring it every night and not only in the playoffs.

I am not a Shaq or Kobe fan, so don`t misunderstand me, I could care less of both of them, but this crap that Kobe got rid of Shaq is not true.

Let`s put it this way, where would the Lakers be now with Shaq and without Kobe now? If things were done your way that`s how it would be. Kobe would be gone and Shaq would still be in LA.

The Lakers were looking at the big picture, which didn`t include Shaq, they made the right choice, between the two of them, because one of them had to go.

6. Nemo

Well, at least you agree with me. Since, "one of them HAD to go", obviously this decision was to placate Kobe. They'll win NOTHING with the individual star. He deserves nothing. The Lakers had a choice. Tell Kobe to shut his mouth and play team ball. I'm glad that Shaq got away. Kobe will be happy with his 1.6 assists per game............:hoops:

7. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Well put.

8. Dlev59

Yes, one of them had to go because they couldn`t play together anymore for whatever reasons. Now, let me understand you here, are you saying the Lakers should have kept Shaq and let Kobe go?

I guess they tried to tell fat ass to shut up and come to camp about 20-30 pounds lighter!

BTW, Kobe`s career assists is 4.5 per.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think the pressure on Kobe is a major distraction.

Given the amount of attention he will see, he should be setting up his teammates.

But given the Lakers chances to win a title this year, perhaps he will chase immortality instead.

I'm happy that we as Pistons fans do not have this problem. I would have serious reservations about cheering for Brian Cook, Luke Walton and Smush Parker.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Based on their play the last couple weeks, we all conceded that the Heat are in...unless blows out a knee. now they have done what Dlev predicted a month ago...surpassed the woeful Wizards to grab the division lead and the # 3 seed. If everything stays the way it is, I think that means a probable second round matchup between the Heat and Cavs?? Somebody confirm that please. Love to see those two pound each other out before they show up at the palace.

11. Dlev59

You are correct Dre.

The playoffs will be played as follows;

1st Round

1st seed vs 8th seed

2nd seed vs 7th seed

3rd seed vs 6th seed

4th seed vs 5th seed

2nd round

1st seed 8th seed winner vs winner of 4th seed 5th seed matchup

3rd seed 6th seed winner vs winner of 2nd seed 7th seed matchup

So yes, looks like Heat/Pistons III in the EC Finals is probable!

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks Dlev..or a Cavs/Pistons matchup. Looks like we to learn how to beat da bulls in old Chicago first as that is probably our 2nd round matchup. My original comment should have read that the heat only miss if Shaq blows out knee this week.

13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Heat are currently 4 games behind Cleveland, making it highly unlikely that Miami will be able to move up into the 2 seed. But, Miami and Toronto are currently tied, so if they both win their divisions, it'll come down to their records to determine who gets the 3rd and the 4th seeds.

If Miami gets the 3rd seed, they would be slotted to play the Cavs in the second round. But if Toronto edges Miami out for #3, then the 4th-seeded Heat would clash with the Bulls in the first round for the right to face the Pistons in the second.