Darko Arrested

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Someone was going to post it, so I thought I would first!

WDFN and Fox news are reporting that Darko was arrested (?) yesterday for driving with illegally tinted (too much?) windows. You can catch the WDFN news at the top and bottom of every hour, 1130AM or streamed at http://www.wdfn.com (needs free membership).

Apparently he has lost his licence.

At times like this, you really value a guy like Darvin Ham who was the ultimate teammate and probably would have provided a car service to Darko in his hour of need.

It's time for one of our other guys to step up.
  2. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

how do you get arrested for tinted windows?

or was his license suspsended before they pulled him over?

the police don't just arrest you for having tint on your windows....
  3. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Before Darko got his license Chauncey was chauffeuring him to and from practice, as well as games, his first year or so in the league. So I'm sure Billups will have no problem swinging by Darko's crib on his way to the palace. :)

How do you lose your license for having illegally tinted windows? That sounds awful fishy. He must've had a lot of other stuff on his license in order to lose it for such a minor offense. He should have just been ticketed.
  4. roscoe36

Pulled over for tint. Found to have expired licence. Arrested?

I dunno, I'm not near a radio right now.
  5. iamme

i just heard on WDFN that he was arrested for the tinted windows and was found to have a suspended license. that makes sense.
  6. Zoso

Okay, that explains the license. But you would think that someone as famous as Darko would get a break from the Hook Monster, as opposed to getting the cuffs slapped on.
  7. iamme

the police officer was obviously a Carmelo or DWade fan :eyebrows:
  8. Zoso

LOL!

Either that or Darko got a little snippy and puffed his chest out. Can you imagine Darko getting up in a cops face with a "Do you know who I am" line? :laugh:
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'm thinking that this won't be a problem. Pistons make too much money not to send him a limo service or something. Hell, he can always hire a driver. Having an NBA salary has its benefits. ;)
  10. katie2may

katie2may Second Round Draft Pick

ticket only?

I think he got a ticket for driving with a suspended license. I think 'arrested' was overstated.
  11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Darko locked up??

Darko had to have unpaid tickets and probably an outstanding warrant for his arrest because of them. They normally don't arrest you for driving on a suspended license unless you owe money. :doh:
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dang DMC, I can't remember where I read it but I remeber Darko having issue with a lead foot, and loving the speed of his Audi and Beemer. Ah well, at least he wasn't pulled over and arrested for a DUI. These are the types of things that I expect (and I'm sure Joe does too) happen with young players.

Being DMC has seniority, and J Max is actually older than DMC, as is Ack, I think it should be AJ's sole responsibility to drive DMC where he needs to go until DMC gets his license back. Part of rookie hazing.
  13. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I don't think it is all that rare . . .

. . . to be pulled over for having window tint that is too dark. My nephew is a police officer and says that if a cruiser sees a car that they cannot see through because of the tint, they will react by pulling them over. He said they would probably get a warning and so I would think that "arrested" is too strong a word.

It wouold seem to me that the people who tint the windows would know how dark is just dark enough and that they would be responsible for the over-darkening.

I am really surprised that someone on the forum has not talked about "too Darko of a tint" or that his windows were "too Darko" or somewhere along that line. Are we all asleep this morning.

I also wonder if he got a technical called on him for that. Sheed would have!!:frusty:
  14. Zoso

Here's the quick blurb from McCoskey

Darko arrested for suspended license
    By Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

[​IMG]
    Sterling Heights police arrested Pistons center Darko Milicic on Wednesday afternoon for driving with a suspended driver's license.
    He was initially pulled over at the intersection of 16 Mile and Mound at 4 p.m. because he had tinted windows on his vehicle.
    His license has been suspended for two previous unpaid violations in Rochester -- one for an equipment violation and one for speeding.
    He was taken into custody without incident and released on $100 bond. A court date will be set.
  15. iamme

he WAS arrested:

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0510/13/D01-347386.htm
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It shows immaturity and irresponsibility on his part. No excuse for that type of behavior, IMO. Also, I think there were concerns about that kind of thing in the past.

I'm glad it wasn't alcohol or drug related, or an assault or something more serious like that. But still, it does say something about his character. I'm hoping the team jumps all over him and lets him know that kind of stuff is unacceptable and reflects poorly upon the entire organization.
  17. roscoe36

I'm sure Joe will do what he feels necessary behind closed doors.

WDFN is saying that this should not affect DMC playing tonight.
  18. The DOC

The DOC Second Round Draft Pick

So what your saying is that we have an immature 19 year old ball player on our hands? Good lord!!!!! Call out the national guard. :)

Let me see, he got a speeding ticket and maybe a headlight out ticket and neglected to pay them. And then got busted for it. What it says about his character is that he is exactly like 1/2 the 19 year old kids in the US. Except his mess up didn't include drugs, alcohol or women - so in that case he is probably ahead of 1/2 of them.

Cut the kid some slack. :nod:
  19. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

I agree

Yup, cut the kid some slack. I'm more concerned on how this will affect his game and his demeanor on the court. Just when he was getting a new lease on life on the court, he gets brought in and will be going to another court.

On the bright side, it was just tinted windows and an expired license. Jeez, why don't they go after the big fish? Tinted windows? :doh:
  20. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

tint

I got pulled over by a state trooper for having my tint to dark and when he walked up he had his hand on his gun. I was 20 and was freaked out imagine how a kid from another country must have felt? I am not excusing him not paying the tickets he is a millionaire.

When cops are about to pull someone over they run the plate check for warrants, priors, or in this case unpaid tickets. The second he saw that he had a legit stop he probably hit the lights and pulled him over.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.