Darko Arrested

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Well......Sheed has been arrested for Pot, and I dont see any Piston fans saying he is not a good teammate. Fact is %90 of the NBA think they are above the law, and for the most part they are. I have plenty of family in police work who let stars go for an autograph on minor trafic stops(not saying it's right). Plus it is in another state, if you miss court date it sure is hard sometimes to pay the fine. I misssed a date one time and they made me come back from Texas to Alabama for a minor speeding ticket. By the way I was 19 and thought someone had paid it for me......Maybe Darko sent someone to pay it!
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Tinted windows

Well, I hope he rolls the windows up in the wintertime at least. Cold hands could affect his deft shooting touch.
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

WHAM-BAM...no thank you Mam-Ham!

It's no surprise...the metaphysician's cellar is floor-to-ceiling tintless non-existent windows...
  4. max

max All-Star

No Big Deal

Probably just figured his agent had handled the prior speeding ticket. He just started driving 2 years ago.
  5. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

i wonder

if he plays ball like he has been, then who cares about a couple of tickets. seems silly that he didn't pass them along to a handler to be handled, huh? :doh::doh:

i wouldn't make much of this if I was the Pistons. if anything it gives him a little bit of street cred. trust me on this, Darko ain't no punk. I think he is going to prove many of the haters wrong.
  6. G-man

G-man Starter

It's a stupid law...

I got pulled over in the late 90's in Michigan for tinted windows. Got 2 points for it. Ridiculous, as only a handful of states in the country actually pull over and ticket drivers for film. Getting points for film while driving (moving violation) is absolutely retarded. The state is way over the top when it comes 'big brother'. I haven't driven a vehicle with untinted windows since 1986.
  7. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

From Wallside, I believe. Nothing down. Nothing to pay. Nothing there.:eyebrows:
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Darko's driving record

This is from the DetNews article today:

Feb. 21, 2004 -- Rochester Hills, speeding 60 mph in a 55 (ticket written by Oakland Sheriff's Dept., which covers Rochester Hills)
    May 12, 2005 -- Rochester Hills, speeding 75 in a 70-mph zone; plus ticket for unspecified equipment violation. Written by Michigan State Police.

This is some minor stuff. I always assumed that Darko was driving really fast, not 5 over. Everybody in Michigan speeds. And tacking an equipment violation on top of it? These Cops need something better to do.

Case closed.
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Darko the rebel.

Ridiculous.
  10. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I lived overseas for three years in Holland, and only one of my five American colleagues even tried to get a driver's license ... a Princeton grad who needed four tries to pass the test. (His car was stolen three weeks later. :) ) Bottom line is that understanding all the rules, regs and legal requirements of a foreign bureaucracy is really tough. Heck, these days it's hard to figure them all out in our own language.

BTW, during last night's game they said someone gave Darko a ride to the game. I can only imagine the kind of stuff the guys left in his locker.
  11. aron1231

aron1231 Second Round Draft Pick

I would think Darko's performance in the preseason would be a topic more worthy of discussion than this silly arrest.
  12. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I thought Darko was doing like 90 mph in a 55 mph zone or something. They are giving him tickets for being 5 mph over.??:mad: It is total crap. Why don't they send these cops to the hood to investigate some real crimes or better yet why don't they go and eat their freaking donuts.:eyebrows:
  13. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

5 over

5 over might be the celeb part kicking in. Cops sometimes do you a "favor" by writing the ticket for 5 over rather than 35 over. They are saving you heavier fines. I think that over a certain amount they have to ticket you for reckless driving as well, so they are saving you points too.
  14. detteam

detteam All-Star

Cops always markem down. He had to be 10-15 over to get written for a 5.
  15. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

This Thread Is A Boor

Why:

Because it has absolutely no affect on Darko's playing time or the outcome of future Piston games.

I vote for closing this thread.
  16. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Second Round Draft Pick

most likely the tickets were marked down, although even to get them marked down means that he wasn't speeding that badly because if he was they wouldn't mark it down, for instance a 100mph in a 70mph zone would most likely not get marked down.

I also do know of people that have gotten tickets for 5 over when they were really doing 5 over, no markdowns, no nothing, just an arse of a cop
  17. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

somebody needs to clue him in.... show up to court and both of those tickets would have basically been thrown out... well atleast on the west side of the state they would be. Heck most cops i know wouldn't bother pulling you over for anything less then 10. Actually, right after college when i lived in detroit i can remember getting passed daily by the police and i was going 10 over...... :confused:

poor kid, though should have paid the tickets
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Seconded. Vote passed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.