Darko expert licensing exam

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TaS, Oct 20, 2006.

?

Darko will exceed which of the following benchmarks by the All-Star game

Poll closed Oct 31, 2006.
  1. 16 points/ 40 min

36.1%
  2. 12 rebounds/ 40 min

19.4%
  3. 1.75 assists/ 40 min

55.6%
  4. 2.25 blocks/ 40 min

63.9%
  5. 0.75 steals/ 40 min

25.0%
  6. None of the above

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

You obviously missed the NBA finals 2004.

How about 65% shooting, 18 pts 22 rebounds 3 steals and 1 block in the clinching game?

Has Darko has a 20+ rebound game in his career? Will he ever?

Man you really don't have a clue of what Ben did here. Read up please, you might be..dare I say impressed.

Not to mention his consistent,dominating rebounding, blocks and steal numbers he has put up during his entire career as a Piston. How easily we forget, huh. Maybe you're just not trying. At least you have your one Darko game to be excited about. Keep it close bballjay. Keep it very close. lol.

2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

even the sun even shines on a dog's butt sometimes.

1 game out of 698. ben put together a complete game. no i'm not impressed.

has darko ever quit on his team during the middle of a championship run? will he ever?

3. MotownPride

Still got no data to back up anything, only illusions of Puff the Magic Dragons, Easter Bunnies and Great Pumpkins.

Dude please look at the stats, you are embarassing yourself. The game I mentioned was one of many awesome games by Ben. There are way to many to even respond too. Prior to Flip he was very close to averaging a double double. The game I listed wasn't even his best game it just came during the best time.

I want to say that he had at least 50 games in 2004 where Ben had at least 15 pts and 15 rebounds in the same game to go with his 4-6 blocks and 2-6 steal game performances. His career with the Pistons is FULL of examples.

Dude was a monster prior to Flip. An absolute monster.

Darko has 1strong game.

Please stop.

Darko quit whenever he went out during garbage minutes.

Ben quit once.

Again, this isn't really close. We're talking about one of the most dominating defensive players of all-time next to a guy who is having problems getting pass Tony Battie in the starting lineup. Right now he's a mediocre player. Average sub.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Quick update:

After Darko's last crappy game, he somehow pulled all of his #'s into passing territory. And for some reason, he had to guard Antoine Jamison on the perimeter the whole time he was in there last night.

Per 40
    Points- 16.16 (16) passing
    Rebs- 12.01 (12) passing
    Blcks- 2.49 (2.25) passing
    Assists- 2.07 (1.75) passing
    Steals- 1.04 (0.75) passing

Maybe the reason that he doesn't seem like he is very good is that he is about 10th in every category. However, if he can maintain, then he would probably be the only center in the league to accomplish that feat.

5. bball jay

i posted data of head to head matchups you chose to ignore it and post about the past 6 years of glory by ben. i didn't say darko was a better player right now or in the past. i said head to head darko owns ben. you post some data to dispute that.

he was a monster prior to the ego trip.

ben quit when the game was still being decided and his team lost. darko didn't play hard cause the game was already decided and didn't want to be a part of the lb sideshow.

he's having the same problems he had here. folks telling him to earn it instead of just playing the better player. ben is catching quite a bit of bench time in chicago too. he isn't having trouble getting past battie really cause b.hill keeps subbing darko in for d.howard. ben would sit behind howard too.

why are you still talking about the past???? ben will suck for the next 4 years and you'll still bring up his old news dpoy wins.

6. bball jay

darko is like the 7' ak47. the serbian swat machine can do it all. his stats will get better cause he'll be starting or playing 30 minutes by game 20 of the season.

7. MotownPride

The info I provided was in response to this quote by YOU, which as we both know is a pretty ridiculous thing to say now, right? I won't bring up old stats if you don't make false statements.

Care to address that...or ignore it?

The head to head response was simply this... Darko didn't play Ben the entire time so it is difficult and damn near inaccurate to accredit Darko for Ben's bad play. Darko played a whopping 18 mins that game. 18 measley minutes! Darko was simply on the winning team, which to me says nothing in regards to his talent versus Ben's now. Do you see why its hard to take your arguements seriously?

Your thoughts about Ben and him being put on the bench in Chicago are fabricated. Show me a quote where the Bulls coaching staff or players are unhappy with his play. You've manufactured a biased-based lie to prove your point yet again. Everything I've read has said that Chicago is getting exactly want they want out of Ben. Ben has played 28, 41, and 40 mins in Chicago's only games of the season. What bench time problem are you talking about? That's more than our friggin' starters!!!!!

Statisically Ben has been better than Darko this season. Darko hasn't done anything yet this year noteworthy. No break out game. Poor field goal pct and poor free throw shooting. Uninspired rebounding and assist numbers. He's had a couple okay games but nothing extraordinary.

Oh yeah...quitting is quitting. Doesn't matter if its big game time or not. And ya boy Darko quit on us multiple times while in a Detroit uniform. I could care less about his excuses. I don't care if he just quit in practice. Unexcusable. I don't excuse Ben for his actions and I certainly don't forgive a player who hasn't shown signs of dominance in three years outside of one game in Atlanta.

...and you are wrong. Ben would play WITH Howard, not sub for him.

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

lol jay's claims get worse with every post. it's becoming comical. 7' kirilenko. would start for the spurs. guarantee a contender a title. i hope he doesn't stop because this is entertaining.

9. bball jay

it isn't comical more like prophetic. i like this forum because this post will be here at midseason so all of you can see that i was right about darko.

my statement wasn't false. i said "i don't ever recall ben having a game close to darko's atlanta game". how can that be false? who do you think will put up 20 and 10 first darko or ben??

darko played well against the bulls and the pistons. ben played longer so he should have a bigger effect on the outcome. the fact is he still loss. i didn't say it was ben's fault or darko's game that won. i'm just saying that darko's team won and darko had better games than ben did in head to head matchups.

the 28 game was against orlando because he couldn't stop anybody over 6' 9" tall. of course chicago will think they are getting what they want out of ben. just wait until miami does hack a ben on him in the playoffs.

ben only has better stats because he gets more minutes. so basically what you're saying is even while playing okay darko is statistically better than ben. you're proving my point so as soon as a coach that knows how to use darko get his hands on the serbian swat machine there will be no comparison.

darko's played basically 40 games in those 3 years. look who's bending stats to fit thier point of view. i will say that he has shown defensive dominance.

do you play hard when you play against 8 year olds?? does that make you a quitter for taking it easy on them and not being interested??

ben quit when his old prodigy came to town. ben quit in the heat of a game during a championship run. ben's quitting on us was the turning point of the season. he sucks. it's difficult to say the two types of quits are equal.
    i know because ben can't be the 1st option offensively on the second team like darko can. ben has to be carried offensively by d. howard. i stand corrected.

10. MotownPride

You also said Ben was too one diminensional to put up a game like Darko's. You left that out conveniently to prove your point...again. I'm noticing a trend here. First to 20 and 10 this season? Honestly, I don't see either of them accomplishing that feat. They aren't using Ben like that offensively in Chicago and Darko can't get passed Battie to get the minutes. Only difference is Darko is expected to score. Orlando has already stated that Darko needs to prove he belongs there. I agree with Orlando's management.

So basically the matchup meant nothing. Glad we are on the same page.

Brad Miller and Bogut are both 7 foot tall and you have embarassed yourself again with inaccurate information.

Ben is one of the best rebounders in the league after 4 games because he is one of the best rebounders in the game. Period. Darko has not proven that he can perform well given alot of minutes. He hasn't really proven anything except that he can play average and still have you sing his praises. He couldn't beat Dale Davis for minutes and now he can't beat Battie. Sad.

I said he quit when he played in garbage minutes, but that doesn't help support your opinions so of course you choose to ignore that. He's a quitter. A habitual one at that and his effort will probably be questioned until he proves otherwise. Perhaps Ben learned how to quit from Dorko.

First of all your comparison of me a 32 year old man versus 8 year olds and Darko versus NBA players is completely ludacris.

Let's take a second to digest just how ridiculous that comment was....

...thank you.

Now the reality is that Darko played against players that were his level or better. For him to think that he was too good to play against them was not only cocky but inaccurate. He probably could have learned something from those guys he was too good to play against.

All of that description was 1 game compared to the continual displays of quitting we've seen from Darko during his tenure as a Piston. The fact that you let that define Ben's entire career and do not hold any resentment for Darko tells the entire story.

Ben's not asked or paid to be the first option and Darko is not on the bench because he was needed to be the first option on offense..its because he can't play pass Battie.

Feel free to make a REAL point at anytime.

11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:

So I'm guessing a :grouphug: is out of the question?

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We are now about 20% of the way to the All-Star break. The data set is becoming more significant. Here is how Darko is tracking...

Per 40
    Points- 16.37 (16.00) barely passing
    Rebs- 10.78 (12.00) failing
    Blcks- 4.35 (2.25) passing. this is his strongest stat.
    Ast- 2.07 (1.75) passing. Seems like this will probably hold.
    Stl- 1.45 (0.75) passing. Also seems like this will hold.

He is trending towards getting the blcks, ast, and stl categories. He will probably come up short in rebounds... especially if he plays more with Dwight. He's passing in points, but I think this will be 50/50 whether or not he can sustain the pace as they give him more minutes.

I'll recalculate at the 20 game mark.

13. MotownPride

It's worth noting that Darko had one of his best lines tonight..I won't post it though because I am Darko hater. :)

14. bball jay

admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. the thing is he probably still won't be starting until the all star break. b. hill is stubborn but they are winning right now so there is no need to change. i'm hoping they trade us bo outlaw for delfino. that way i won't have to follow 3 teams.

15. MotownPride

You obviously don't speak from experience as you constantly live in a state of Darko-rose-colored glasses and Ben hatred bliss unwillingly to ever give the "malcontent" props for any of his accomplishments. By the way, it is worth saying that the only reason I don't like Darko much these days is because you've shouted and argued his praises so highly without evidence/performance to back up your claims that I associate Darko with your inability to be logical and unbiased. I don't like Darko because I can't stand your double standards. You've turned me against him. So I hope he sucks and I hope his team sucks so that we can get a good pick.

After saying that, I feel better already. Recovery is bliss.

Oh yeah, word on the street is that Darko will be in the starting lineup very soon as the coach has finally realized that Battie is D-League material. Looks like good ole Darko will finally get a shot at some big minutes. Lets see what he does with it.

16. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Now that you are recovering, you will probably not get that ulcer :pound: !!

You know, I understand what you are saying. When I joined the forums, it was because I wanted to find a place to support Darko because I believed that he was not being treated fairly. I admit, I liked what he showed in bursts, and being an inexperienced teenager, I knew he would not be consistent, and I could live with that.

What got me hooked as a Darko defender was what I considered the many, many cheap shots people kept giving him. He would get these shots even when the subject of people's posts were about something entirely different. They would very often find ways to get in a dig about him and not only did I not feel they were justified but they were just mean-spirited in the fact that the posters had to go way out of context to even bring them up.

So, I know how you feel but from the opposite point of view. I do still like the kid and have found it fun to follow different teams.

I had a good day yesterday. OSU won, Orlando won (tied for best team in the east), Utah won and is the best team in the NBA, the Pistons won (of course I am still a Piston fan), OSU even won in basketball, too.

And it is a sad day when they all lose, too.

I understand about wishing the Magic would do poorly as far as the draft pick, but you would not want them to do too badly as then they would not have to give us the draft pick, at all.

I may be off-base about DMC starting, though. I don't care if they do not rush him starting, as long as his minutes increase. He and the other second unit are a tremendous force off the bench and that is not all bad.

I always enjoy crossing swords with you and quite a few other of the posters here. Not that I am doing that now; I'm agreeing with you.

Right ???

17. MotownPride

I have no problem with your support of Darko lazy. I find you to be very openminded and I enjoy and respect your position...most of the time. ;)

18. bball jay

i'm like lazy my defense of darko seemed to come from an illogical hatred of him from some posters. he was on our team he was a # 2 pick with great potential. it was like they would be happier if he failed than succeed. they remember peter john ramos instead of the 1 handed running pass on the break from a 7' player. but now they want to develop the youth. it's bs like darko didn't deserve to be supported but jmax does. some people hated darko while he was still on our team.

well the problem is ben isn't tearing up the league. it's proving me right. darko is starting to give you the stats and evidence that you say i need to backup my praise. it's ok to like darko he's just doing what i said he would be doing given the oppurtunity. it's ok for me not to like ben cause he's doing exactly what i said he would be doing (declining).

oh ok. that's good news i heard that brian hill was happy to have a post threat for when d. howard goes to the bench. what i read into that is darko would still be anchoring the bench for the time being.

19. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

sounds like you are following one team and one player.

whats illogical about being frustrated with a number 2 pick who thought he was owed something he never earnt?

i mean some of these statements are so outrageous its not funny. I'm suprised motown continues defending something that is not in any doubt whatsoever. i wonder why low hasn't got stuck into these posts?

i still dont know where your darko obsession has come from. maybe you just like to be different, but the moment darko left this team i stopped giving a rats ass about him. same with arroyo, same with evans, same with ben. they are now the opposition. why don't you just change to the magic, theres no shame in it. a lot of people follow individual players and pretend to follow the team. (re: jordan and bulls. where are all the bulls fans now?)

it would actually make more sense if you went for the magic. at least there would be a logical reason for your bias.

ps: its a shame this darko thread has been hijacked by darko again. :nerd2:

20. DarkoWatcher

DarkoWatcher First Round Draft Pick

hello old piston frends i hope everyone has been doing good it has been awile i have been to busy to post alot hear or on my blog plus my team of riting profestionals is busy to but rest asured i have been folowing darko and i must say that i am very happy with his progress to date. we should all be happy for darko finally geting a chance to play and show his stuff the man is alreddy realizing his potencial. i bet the pistons miss him but oh well. lazyberbs i am glad you are still fighting the good fight.