Darko Extension

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

ThreeTFD

Yeah, Darko wasn't worth the league minimum when he was a Piston but for Orlando he has been. I do think Darko's future looks bright. I actually wish we could have kept him but it just wasn't meant to be. The guy is still just a kid (using NBA years). Looking back now, I wished we went with Wade or Bosh with our #2 pick but at the time, we all basically thought the decision was between Darko and Carmello.

2. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

There were a fair number of reports that the Pistons liked Bosh. Anthony was a candidate, but he didn't come in for a team workout and the Pistons never gushed over him as they did about Darko and Bosh.

3. max

max All-Star

Pistons can still get Bosh. Guess we will find out this summer if Bosh will re-sign or become a restricted FA in 07.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It has a lot to do with who the agent is. The free agent classes get weaker and weaker as players re-up before they hit the open market. It is very hard to land a big name coming off of his rookie deal because they seem to get new deals to avoid any problems or injury issues in the last year of their initial deal.

Knowing who the agent is has to be a factor in projecting what will happen in negotiations. If you follow other sports, these agents all seem to pursue similar strategies with their entire client base.

I doubt Bosh will be available to the world. Darko? That's another matter. He's not the franchise player in Orlando. If the Magic's #s don't work, he may have an opportunity to test what the free market will pay. He's a nice piece for them to keep, but not absolutely essential to them being a playoff team.

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Micro, On Arroyo... now there's a Marketer for ya.

Slippy is right... it's premature to talk about Darko's worth... sure ain't the Max.

Max & Ab, absolutely Joe was hot for Bosh... no telling how LB would have played him... but it's safe to say not nearly as much as he played in Toronto.... It sounds like the Raps are ready to offer the Max... and he wants to come back there.

I have to admit, I'm less enamored with Ben lately... he should be bringing more on offense and FT shooting... the defense and hustle plays are tangible... but you can't consistently be out scored by your counter.
    I'll suggest a 8M start... he can play for life here... he deserves it.

Darko hasn't justified big $'s yet

6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Like NY snatching Houston, I want the Pistons to snatch someone. It won't happen unless we lose a 1-6. JDs too tight. Delk is a keeper.