1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Darko Get's high praise from Flip

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Now...I think now Larry is a self-centered arse as he was before and will always be.
    Now...I think now Larry is the topic of way too many discussions.
    Now...I think now I am going to accept what you are saying as a possibility and give Jay the benefit of the doubt on this one.

2. Darth Tater

Fair enough. We're cool :thumb:

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That warm fuzzy feeling...

:grouphug: Group hug!

We may have our differences from time to time. But in the end... at least we aren't Clippers fans! :thumb:

4. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Let's get this back on track

An actual good article in the Freep today.

http://www.freep.com/sports/pistons/pistons8e_20051008.htm

Excerpts:

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Right on topic

In a thread about his current coach praising Darko, comments about the former coach and his relationship with Darko is right on topic. The contrast is amazing. Wonder if this particular mod is just trying to inflict his own opinion on the matter.

Larry Brown flat out hated Darko. Flip seems to like him a ton. Flip, according to Dumars, is not being told to play Darko. But Flip plans to play him. A lot. No way Darko all the sudden is ready to play a lot. The whole thing about Brown saying Darko was not ready to play at the end of last season, the end of two seasons for Darko in the NBA, was a crock. Thats the whole point of this thread.

6. Darth Tater

Lee

A comment to compare Darko's present relationship with his new coach to his former relationship with his old coach is one thing. To belabor the point in every thread that mentions Darko is repetitive and boring, even to most people who do not like Brown and even may agree with you. That is what "the particular moderator" was saying and well within his discretion, I would think.

This article was about what Darko did that day and about the promise his future may hold. I personally hope that if this young man flourishes we do not spend the entire year in "I told you so's" that switch the original topic to a topic we have gone over time and time again.

I too was one of the people who thought Darko should have been given a chance and I am very glad, if not excited to see his encouraging performance. Things are certainly looking much better, but we still haven't seen what he is going to do and will not know until the season is in full swing. Why not keep on focus and talk about that?

I still believe Darko was not ready to play at the end of the year. How could he be ready physically or mentally after sitting on the bench for two full years? Directly attributing his lack of readiness to Brown is one thing, but saying that he could just walk in and take over in the playoffs is quite another.

Personally, I was looking forward to enjoying what I increasingly believe will be a productive season for Darko (whatever "productive" means in this case). I don't want to think about Larry Brown every time that kid walks on the court. Oh, but when the Pistons do play the Knicks I would love to see Darko show Brown how wrong he was!!:caked: A part of me would relish the sight of Darko (the human victory cigar) help the Pistons win a championship and light up a Larry Brown shaped cigar afterward and smoke it on National T.V. But it ain't gonna happen, because I believe, Darko at that moment would be enjoying his success and not dwelling in the past or thinking of past coaches who did not believe in him.

I personally don't like reading posts that say "Flip sees great potential in Darko... Larry never did. Darko scored 12 points..he never did that under Larry. Darko played 15 minutes, but Larry would have wasted him away on the bench." so on and so forth. The two are not joined at the hip. We don't need to mention Larry Brown in every sentence that we mention Darko.

At any rate, by responding to Larry comments I am merely contributing to getting the thread off topic so I will be done with it...for now.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's attacking a particular opinion, and in this case doing it over, and over and over again. It doesn't promote discussion, and it turns off people from contributing. Not to mention it takes every thread off topic when the LB hate parade shows up.

I don't see an LB defender group here, a couple of people in this thread have posted objectively and do not deserve to be harangued for having a middle of the road or multi-faceted opinion.

This is also not an LB hate board. It's not an LB love board. It's a Detroit Pistons board. If someone wants to promote singular hate towards ANYONE related to this franchise, they should get their own website. This is not a soapbox for personal agendas.

No, that's censorship accomplished by fear of reprisal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it respects the other members, the thread starters, and the integrity of the board. Again, this is not a platform for personal agendas.

I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with people taking over threads to start LB rants, much of what ruined the Detroit News last year with page after page of the same diatribes every second day. There is a lot of work being done here to promote a high class and intelligent Pistons fan site that caters to young and old members. If that's not where one is looking to hang out, they are welcome to participate elsewhere.

You have PM. And if you read through this thread, I have not once posted contrary to the opinions here. This discussion has run its course. In this thread, and several others usually at the expense of the thread starter.

Absolutely. Again, multiple views are welcomed. Ramming that view into every single thread, or anytime someone posts a particular topic ruins the opportunity for discussion.

I've said it before. If you are a Darko fan, try not to turn off casual fans who want to discover Darko and share your optimism for him. Hate thread after hate thread scares people away and defeats the purpose and mission of this site.

Some of you have said your piece, so be done with it and move on. I certainly do not agree with all of the LB criticism (although some is warranted) yet somehow do not run to his defense after every post. It's called self control.

When I get PMs and emails from members complaining about this, I have to take action. It wastes my time from making the board better, and it turns people off. I am not interested in catering to individual agendas at the expense of the group nor in seeing the investment in time made to look low brow and confrontational to newcomers.

Try to remember that this place has been provided gratis and a lot of people have invested their heart and soul into

1) not having the same pointless arguments at the Detroit News
    2) members not being "piled on" for offering a "different" opinion
    3) getting away from thread control

We aren't robots and would like to be able to take time away from refereeing so that we can enjoy the fruits of our labour as well.

As far as I am concerned, this matter is resolved.

If you have a problem with my implied lack of objectivity on this matter, or feel I have the wrong approach, take it to PM with Roscoe or themicrowave. I read everyone's comments, when necessary sharing them with the staff for feedback and give each one equal consideration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.