Darko Grizzlie Tracker

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 11, 2007.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Could somebody explain what what memphis would do with LB? This man is known as perfectionism demander and therefore has no patience in dealing with rookies. Or is it just a rumor?

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Just a rumor. But LB is known as someone who likes to teach the game.

He would have his hands full there for the next couple years.

3. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

IMO having LB coach in Memphis would be both good and bad. I actually think that Darko would play because he is no longer a rookie. Another good thing would be that Darko is the only Grizz who plays a lick of defense and he is the only one who has ever played for Brown.

But, with his proclivity to scorn and debase rookies, it would backfire because the Grizz seems dedicated to rebuilding with rookies. They got rid of their best player of the past 7 or so years basically for cap space but noone down there thinks that management is going to go out and get a big proven star.

And Coach I is proving to be someone who teaches no defense and with Darko there still bulked up to play the 5, he does not contribute to that running game, except that he does get his rebounds out more quickly to someone who can get the break going than anyone I can remember right now. And tips out to runners and blocks out so that the runners can get started.

It is just a rumor but who knows how it would work out between him and DMC? I don't.

But if they can get him for only a couple of years, it would take him that long to make a team out of the Grizz, and then he could start his theatrics to get himself fired and collect a huge payday.

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think now that Darko has established himself as a superstar in the NBA, LB would treat him much better.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

And vise versa!

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

LMAO! :pound:

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Who has scored more since their divorce?

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Darko's AOTG numbers would be way up. That's a skill that he perfected under L.B.

9. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

sshhhh! We're still in hiding.

10. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

On a serious note, LB would love Darko's game now (compared to the rest of the Grizzlies). No lie. Darko is the only player on that team that plays any D.

Almost every player on this team wants to score, play matador D, and try to score again. Rudy Gay, Hakim Warrick, Mike Conley, and Kyle Lowry will be in for some serious rude awakenings if LB takes over.

I have never been an LB fan, too many ulterior motives. But, the man can coach, and if there was ever a situation made for him, this it.

Also, if anyone remembers a high school coach that they hated at the time, but now remember in a new light thinking "yeah, I really was a $!!$$!, that coach really was right" I have to think Darko and LB will get along fine. (think Bobby Knight Isaiah Thomas)

11. max

max All-Star

Does not look like Darko is exactly burning up the league there with his stats. 7 pts, 6 boars, 1.7 blocks in 24 mins.

Couple of things. LB has been able to mend relationships with players in the past. As long as Darko is willing to work this time which appears that he is then the 2 should be fine. Also the Grizz do have a financial commitment to Darko now. There are not the kind of team that can afford to have a guy making 7 mil/per benched.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Darko got 22 points, 12 boards, and 4 blocks tonight. He was part of an excellent defensive run, 16-2, late 3rd, to give Memphis control of the game in a win over the Lakers.

Darko has been injured a lot this year. Plus its his first year starting on top of that. Even with the injuries, there were some brutal stretches for him as far as playing too many minutes. (Not being in condition due to the injuries) Just lately, Darko has had some pretty awesome games. His defense has been solid all year. His offense is really coming around. Like a recent 9-10 effort at the line showing he is getting comfortable at the free throw line finally.

I feel blessed to be able to watch this guy play. A ton of fun to do so. League Pass is fantastic.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like he was so excited by the LB rumors that it gave him extra motivation to go out there and prove that he can achieve his dreams!

(That and LA has 3 injured centers.)

Just a few really bad stats from Darko this year.

Only 4 free throw attempts in December, despite playing in 14 games (starting in 12 of them) and getting 324 minutes. That means 1 trip to the line every 7 games. Not good.

18 games this year with 2 or fewer points. 9 games with 2 rebounds or less. 33 games with more turnovers than assists (Sheed did that 17 times). Went 13 consecutive games without a steal.

On the positive side:
    15 games with 3 or more blocked shots (Sheed has 18).
    11 double doubles (Sheed has 10).

** I just give Sheed's info for perspective, since we see him every game.

14. max

max All-Star

I did not realize I had so many typo's in my last post. Geez.

Lee, if he avg that then I would be impressed. Always seems to be a ready excuse with that guy.

15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

How'bout compare Darko and dice? Their salaries are similar(6-7 mil) and they play same position - C, though both aren't true centers.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Darko is as true a center as you can get. 300 pounds plus. 7-2. There is nothing of his game anymore that even hints at another position besides center. Both his offensive game and defensive game are 100% inside these days.

17. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

The problem with Darko is for every 20-10 game, he goes 0-6 and fouls out in 15 minutes.

Part of the problem is he plays with ball hogs that don't play D. So Darko doesn't get a lot of easy buckets, except put backs; and he is constantly getting fouls because the others guys are always letting their man drive to the basket.

Kobe dropped 53 last night on Mike Miller last night.

18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

His teammates are jealous of him (excuse number 583).

19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i was at the memphis / warriors game a few weeks ago. Darko didn't get in and not much D was played on either side. But they did run a lot of high post work through Hakim Warrick...Warrick doesn't strike me as a good passer and the amount of contested jumpers he took (he did hit a fair amount) kinda reinforced the whole scorers mentality. It would have been interesting to see darko in the high post distributing the ball.

20. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

The problem with that idea is that even though Darko's a good passer, he's an awful jumpshooter and is not a threat to drive. Playing through Darko on the offensive end is like plaing through Ben Wallace.