Darko vs Germany

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Sep 9, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Serbia played it's last "friendy" game today (actually the 8th).

Here's some info on Darko's performance:

Darko Milicic 2pts 1 rebound, 2 lost balls, 1 steal, 2 blocks

He was not matched up against Dirk (Dirk played PF)

From Jadran Sports: "The young Detroit Pistons center started superbly blocking Nowitzki to score and right after Marko Pesic (Marko Pešić) the Naturalized German (a son of former Yugoslav national coach Pesic who won the gold medal with the Blues at 2002 World Cup in Indianapolis) had to bow to Milicic too as the 20 year old signed his second block, this is the only quarter he signed in some points (2pts) and could have done more but was inaccurate from a free throw line (both times).

Now we have to wait and see if Darko makes the final cut... if he makes it he'll play on the 16th of september vs Spain (minus Gasol).
    The friendly games are done now. The cup will be played in Darko's home town of Novi Sad.

This was estimated on Darko's averages for the friendlies (maybe Massimo can verify these numbers):
    4.9ppg,about 3 rebounds and around 3 blocks per contest in only 15 min. per game.
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

mercury

Do you have any info on minutes? The TO's are not the best news. :(
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

detteam,

I'll see what surfaces... there was a site that kept the previous games stats... maybe they'll post this game also.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's really disturbing that the last couple of games (forgive me if my memory is incorrect) Darko has been blowing his bunnies. I was really looking forward to a 75~80% FT shooting center.
  5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Darko signed in 2 blocks? Averaging signing in 3 blocks a game? Sweeet. Any chance Blaha will start saying "sign in" for blocks?

I said it last year, I'll say it again this year, Darko may never be a dominant rebounder, but he we'll become a truly dominant shot blocker.