Darko vs. J-Max

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by 16 Mile, Feb 23, 2006.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

you're damn right. Seems as if this franchise ain't learnin from its past failures. And yes, having no solid PG can cost the championship, as well as missing the time to rebuild an aging team. This team has to win NOW and not about signing an 32 year old Ben Wallace to a fat long term contract and give up a key bench player while making a run for the title.
    I still don't understand why you can weaken a team like that for nothing???
    The worst case would be if Orlando laughs at this team because they got thei revenge for the Grant Hill trade.
  2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

ben's in his prime, 32 isn't old, and his name around the league is 'body', he takes care of himself and he's going to be fine for the duration of his contract. we don't have a bunch of guys who are 36+ trying to win a championship, sheesh. winning 'NOW' as you so emphatically put, IS about signing ben to a big contract to make sure he stays in detroit and is happy to continually be the best defender in the league.
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I disagree. At the end it was obvious that DMC became a head case in Detroit, but that is easy to understand. I won't go into the reasons so as not to piss other posters off.

Anyway in 22 minutes tonight he got 8 points (3 for 4 shooting) 3 boards and 2 blocks.

His numbers will grow signficantly by year end. I expect at least a few 20 point plus games from him by year end.
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

You're probably right. Honestly, I got ticked off from what I read...I should have read the part it was written by drew sharp.

I looks like Orlando will give the kid what he wants. yay.
  5. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Oh, God, Mad, don't even joke like that :scared: :yield:
  6. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i'm not a j-max hater. i like the kid. i just dont' like how darko is always painted as a villain and lazy. but jmax all of a sudden has pistons dna cause he jacks up shots and tries hard on d with no results. so yes my pointing out of jmax, dale, sheed, ben, mcdyess, lindsey and evans faults is a result of me taking up for dmc. i like all of these players they all stink it up on a regular basis yet darko is held to a much higher standard of "earning it".

i would trade jmax for darko in a heartbeat.
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yes, sheed, ben, and mcdyess stink it up on a REGULAR basis, being 3 of the most important 6 players on a 45-9 team man...holy stink it up
  8. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

lazyberbs
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bball jay
    bball jay = :crazy:
  9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Case Closed after this Micro Post.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

1) Never saw Jmax play "duck and move" when an opponent had a straight path to the basket.

2) J-Max always hustles whether he gets 30 seconds or 5 minutes of so-called garbage time.

3) J-Max will become a player in this league because of what I have observed from him in so-called garbage time (hustle, motivation........., you know the rest).

4) You can't coach heart & determination, this young man appears to have a lot of both

5) He played in a very good college system (Cincy Bearcats) and....for a very hard-nosed college coach (B. Huggins)

In conclusion......Darko's gone folks, Darko lovers, you better catch as many Magic games as you can before Darko descends and disappears into the land of bust hell. At least he will be in good company because Sam Bowie, Lance Blanks, William Bedford and others only reside a short distance away, they wait patiently for his arrival, matter of fact they will all be neighbors. Can you imagine all of these guys playing together on a rec league...arrrrrg. Like watching paint dry.
  10. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

You are funny and incorrect.

cheers
  11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

we lose darko and arroyo and lee stops posting recaps. i kinda miss those.
  12. bball jay

it's going to be so funny in 3 years when detroit tries to line up jmax against darko at the power forward spot. lets just see how that heart and drive stack up against 7 foot, freakishly athletic, great outside touch, passing ability and willing to pass. 3 years of nba experience vs. 3 years of bench warming. see if jmax still has that heart and willingness to go hard in garbage time.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BBJ don't waste your time. It's not even a comparison.
  14. bball jay

jmax has worn down over the season. i think the sitting on the bench is getting to him. now when he gets in garbage time he usually jacks up a few shots and none of them go in. where at the start of the season they were going in. no rebounds for him again today. 1 turnover no blocks either.

it's not that i don't like jmax. i think he could really contribute if given the minutes. i just want people to see that dmc wasn't a bust he was in the right place at the wrong time. the guy really does have talent. if we watched jmax based on his last couple of games only we would think the guy sucked.
  15. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I noticed this too today. JMax is starting to do a Darko, giving zero effort in GT. I'm going to be consistant and say who cares what a player does in GT, but I'm curious what some of the other posters that love GT SuperStars think of JMax's recent efforts in GT.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Some of y'all are bitter, bitter fans.
  17. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Reb. title for Ben?

darko swipes 7 boards last night, d. howard only 9...could it be that the real reason for the trade was to give ben a boost in the rebounding race by throwing darko down to disneyworld to steal a few boards from dwight?
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: Reb. title for Ben?

BBen is in a contract year. So you know he wasn't about to lose any numbers.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Re: Reb. title for Ben?

no darko is more of a shotblocker than rebounder. dwight has been in foul trouble the last 2 games so thats probably why.