Darko

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Jackattaq, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Even MORE INTERESTING IMHO.

Sheed's numbers per 48:
    2006 80 gms 2778 7.9 FGM 18.4 FGA 2.3 FTM 3.1 FTA 1.55 OFF REB 7.9 DEF REB 9.45 TOT REB 3.1 AST 1.4 STL 2.2 BLKS 1.4 TO 4.0 PFS 20.88 PPG

Darko's numbers playing 30 games in Orlando (per 48)

2006 30 gms 627 mins 7.8 FGM 15.41 FGA 1.84 FTM 3.22 FTA 59.5 FT% 2.5 Off REB 6.9 DEF REB 9.43 TOT REB 2.53 AST 2.76 TO .92 STLS 4.83 BLKS 5 PFS 17.48 PPG.

What I find EVEN MORE INTRIGUING is that Mr. Milicic is only earning HALF of what Mr. Lazy Pants does.

How you like dem apples?

We are definately seeing MORE than HALF the production for HALF the pay. Considering the AGE of the players and the POTENTIAL FOR GROWTH of the younger player, I don't see how you wouldn't want to EXPLORE THE OPTION OF PLAYING A YOUNG CENTER LIKE THAT. Too bad Detroit screwed that up too.
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Re: Rasheed Wallace : The key

Jack

Maybe Joe will turn out to be a dumbazz for trading Darko...but let's not dwell in the past right now. As Piston fans, we've got enough problems trying to get a grip on the future.
  3. Jackattaq

I know. You can say that again. Will Delfino FINALLY get enough minutes to guage whether or not he will be a player in this league? Will Maxiel actually play or will he be a David Kircus Sideshow type player. Will Amir get a chance or is he still too far away.

Finally, will Flip actually show me some coaching or will he continue to step aside and abide by whatever the VETS decide to do?
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Jack, you kinda remind me of guys with their hair flared out on the sides and a mullet. Like 80s retro.

[​IMG]

Darko is gone dude.
    Metallica's best album was Master of Puppets.
    Ratt only had 2 hit singles. Live in the now.

This stuff will eat you up inside and make your family move into a trailer. You have to move on. For your own sanity.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

:pound:

Personally, I think Metallica's best album was Ride the Lightning... I agree with the rest though!
  6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Jack, we all know you prefer Darko to... well any other player in the league. Just wondering how he came to be your favourite player?
  7. Jackattaq

He became my favorite when I saw "flashes of talent" in a player that I felt should get more PT. I've longed for a player to be drafted by the Pistons and then have the opportunity to watch that player grow from ROOKIE to ALL-STAR to WORLD CHAMPION.

I wasn't around during the Pistons 1988-89 and 1989-1990 titles. I lived where I could see those games. I never got to see Rodman as a rookie, or Salley. I've been LONGING for the Pistons to DEVELOP A ROOKIE so that I could see a player develop before my eyes while playing for my favorite team.

When Detroit got the #2 overall pick, I was ecstatic that I would get that opportunity. I was EVEN more happy to see that the Pistons were going with a BIG MAN (I'm a huge fan of postup players and bigmen, Hakeem was my favorite of all time). When I saw Darko getting ZERO OPPORTUNITY from DAY 1 to YEAR 2.5 it only made me more and more irritated that the Pistons would give up on a guy who (from what little I had seen) had shown great skill and potential. I can't understand how they would keep him around and NEVER PLAY THE KID.

Darko is my favorite player in the league right now. I want to see if all of the hype/hoopla is LEGIT. I know that I've seen enough out of the kid that makes me want to see more. He is still a HUGE MYSTERY and an enigma. No one knows what will become of Darko Milicic, but I for one, can't wait to find out.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What about Grant Hill?

The Pistons and Darko has to rank as one of the worst moves in basketball. Its a no win situation for us now. If Darko sucks then it was a waste of a pick. If Darko if mediocre, its a waste of a pick. If he is the greatest most dominant player ever, its still a waste of a pick.

You should have joined fantasy league, we got bball jay, 2xRalph, 16 mile all looking to pick up darko for their teams. It adds another level for rooting for guys since they not only do well but do well for your team. It would be like he was back on the pistons...but with playing time.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good point Slippy. If I get first pick in the draft, I'm taking Darko. Then I'm going to trade him for their first five picks.

I dunno. I understand peoples frustration with the way the Pistons handle rookies. Darko still may turn out to be a really good player, although as a person he seems like a jerk.

Anyhow, I think we all became divided at some point because although we all wanted to see him succeed, some of us eventually realized it wasn't going to happen...at least with the Pistons.

However, looking back, I'll bet Joe wishes he hadn't traded him. But that has a lot to do with Big Ben leaving.

It's just time to move on.

10. Jackattaq

Yes you are right, it's a no-win for us NOW !!!! My stance has always been that the Pistons DID NOTHING with their opportunity to have a #2 overall pick. How can they seriously justify it with fans that they only invested 553 minutes of PT into their #2 overall pick? I heard all of the excuses and BS about Darko not being ready or that Detroit already had two ALL-STAR players in the frontcourt, but I still cannot understand HOW YOU CAN ONLY PLAY A #2 overall pick a grand total of 553 minutes in 2.5 seasons. That literally blows my mind. NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA HAS A #2 OVERALL PICK PLAYED LESS IN THEIR FIRST TWO AND A HALF SEASONS AS DARKO MILICIC DID. (save of course Len Bias).

I understand people's frustrations with the incessant bickering back and forth about Darko and his abilities (I've been a big part of it), but what I don't get is how people want to dismiss WHY Darko was a #2 overall pick just because he didn't play in Detroit. DARKO WAS THE CONSENSUS CHOICE AS THE #2 PICK IN THAT DRAFT. Any team that had the #2 overall pick was taking Darko. IMO, any team that had drafted Darko (other than Detroit) would have PLAYED DARKO (as we should have) and would be VERY HAPPY to have him and his contributions to their team.

Detroit screwed up, they tried way too hard to appease the VETS on the team and now they are paying for it with NO YOUTH DEVELOPMENT. No rookie will be happy to hear Detroit call their name on Draft day after the whole Darko/Delfino....... + whoever else is next debacle (Amir?).
  11. Slippy

I agree! We just locked in that Lame-ness.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Funny thing is is that Darko didn't get pt when Rasheed wasn't even here.
  13. Jackattaq

THANK YOU LARGER THAN THE TEAM "MR. LARRY BROWN".
  14. Slippy

the guy was like barely 18.

Still Darko is gone and sheed is here and he has to step in.
  15. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Larry Brown won us a friggin championship. Darko didn't even try to earn his minutes here. Jack's disappointment at the Darko situation is as acute as my disappointment in Pistons fans who can't appreciate what LB did for us. IMO, selling out Larry for Darko is a mark of stupidity and myopia.
  16. Jackattaq

Larry DID NOT WIN THE TITLE, the PISTONS DID. It was THEIR ACTIONS on the court that won. It was their DESIRE to play hard all the time that won, it was their EFFORT and INTENSITY that WON THE TITLE. Larry preferred playing Corliss Williamson over Okur just to try to prove a point to Okur, Larry would cut off his own nose to spite his face. LARRY BROWN IS AN EFFING JOKE.

All you need to do to see that is look at the season he had in NY.

THE PISTONS PLAYERS WERE PRIMED FOR A TITLE IN 2004 WITH OR WITHOUT LARRY BROWN.
  17. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Obviously his career should be defined by his success in New York. Not.

Larry is fickle, but there is no denying his coaching ability. There are more examples of his excellence than failures.
  18. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

You think ACTIONS, DESIRE, EFFORT and INTENSITY are important, yet your favorite player shows none of the above. How do you reconcile that?
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I made a new thread about Darko (new with regards to the age of the discussion, not the age of the subject matter).

Please, carry on! (and don't forget I have a great thread about Sheed going on over here! ;))
  20. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

how do you know he didn't try?? during which one of those 533 minutes over 2.5 years did you feel darko had a chance to earn minutes? believing that it was possible to earn minutes under the lb regime is crazy. memo okur couldn't "earn" minutes under lb.

don't forget lb also lost us a championship. his refusal to play darko in game 7 cost us the championship. he'd rather play tayshaun on duncan than a young 7 foot shot blocker. lb also basically caused darko to leave the pistons. so instead of us talking about our piston dynasty we are now talking about that 1 championship lb supposedly won us.