Darko

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, Jul 3, 2007.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

do i think he's an all star... probably not, but if the nbla ? was around his rookie year i think that he would be our starting center now. he will have a good career and by no means a bust, may never live up to the pressure of being the number 2 pick in that deep deep draft though.

why is it they make changes after the fact for us, lol. we might have memo and darko on the team now with a few simple rule changes. drop webber davis and nazi with those two were super young and looking good for years to come.
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Very mature interview from Darko. I like his attitude now. I honestly want him to do well with Memphis. I'll be rooting for him.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, he either has a good PR coach, or he is maturing a bit. I like the part where he admitted that he has said some pretty stupid things in interviews.

I got interviewed by a newspaper when I was 18 after winning a golf tournament, and I really came off like a moron. I said stupid things, and some of the OK things I said were incorrectly reported.

For instance, I said that I was playing so well, that I thought a 69 was a possibility. In the article, they said that I thought I was playing so well, I could have shot a 49. That is either a bad 9 hole score, or a Kim Jong-Il 18-hole score (he reports that he shot 38 under in 1 round).

I also said something to the effect of 'I tried to concentrate on my own game and not get caught up playing against my opponent', which got mangled into "I just played my game and walked away." It sounded very cocky.

So, it looks like something similar happened to him on the Gasol comments.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I've almost shot a 49 in Tiger Woods Golf.

Darko does come off sounding pretty good. He credits Sheed, Ben and Elden for teaching him.

The young fella has a lot to prove this year. He could turn out to be a Jermaine O'Neal or he could be an Olowokandi.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Darko may be younger by his birthdate, but all of those years of chain smoking will take their toll.

Look at his countryman, Vlade Divacs. That guy could have played well into his 60s if he had given up the stogies.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Tiger Woods on X-Box?

Is it the latest version? How is that game? How well does it work playing against buddies online?
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

And what about the bombs dropping in his backyard and his mandatory weapons training at age 10? That will make you grow up quickly.
  8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Sure didn't look that way when he was starring in Pistons lineup.
  9. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Nah...I still play the 2004 gamecube version with my son.

Good point. Dikembe Mutombo has played into his sixties and as far as I know has never smoked.
  10. mikhail1973

GLOBAL : Darko Milicic Out Of The Spotlight | Global - HOOPSWORLD.com | powered by Basketball News

11. Mr.Shady

Mr.Shady First Round Draft Pick

We had an additude with Darko, that he won't forget. We just ignored. He was nothing. And he is still nothing. I almost agree with all the moves we make, but signing this worthless guy instead of Wade or Bosh at the draft...
  12. mikhail1973

Hopefully, Stuckey turns out to be a gem and the only thing we'll remember about Darko is that we got Stuckey for him.
  13. max

max All-Star

Why did Darko have to bring up his lack of Pistons PT at his press conference anyway? That was 2 years ago.
  14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I think that is the funniest post of yours that I have ever read. LOL, LOL

It is the humor of the absurd. Meaning that what they reported was so absurd in light of the context of the interview, as you pointed out, that what they reported is laughably absurd within the context of your comment about it. Got it!!! LOL

:hoops:
  15. buddahfan

I wonder if Brown called Darko and wished him the best of luck with his new team. That would have been so lovely nice of Pound for Pound

16. mikhail1973

That would've been right after he called Bill D. to congratulate him with the draft and signing of AJ.
    :MusicBigGrin:
  17. buddahfan

Do really think that Shelly would let Larry make two long distance calls in a row in such a short time span. After all he is unemployed!!!

18. mikhail1973

Isn't he working for the Philly management or something like that?
  19. buddahfan

In listening to Darko's press conference I am amazed how much his English has improved. By reading to the audio I couldn't tell that he could hardly speak English 4 years ago.

He even has the "you know" phrase down pat. Funny though how he has a Hispanic accent and kind of sounds a little like Pudge of the Tigers.

I have known many people who have lived in Los Angeles a lot longer than Darko has lived in the U.S. and they still can't speak even passable English.

Kudos to Darko.

20. mikhail1973

Hey, when I came to country I could barely speak English and couldn't really understand what was said to me. It takes time. Strangely it took Darko that long to learn. For his age (I was 19 when we moved) 2 years should be more than enough, if one's willing to put forth the effort.
    I have a funny story to tell on this. We were visiting friends in NJ. They also moved from Ukraine a while back. They took us to the bar somehwere along the way and ordered drinks. The waiter asked if we were Portugese. What happened was my dad's friend worked for the Portugese company when he just moved to the US and that's where he picked up his English. So now he's Russian with the Portugese accent.
    :MusicBigGrin: