Darko

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, Jul 3, 2007.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    There may be something going on that we don't know. Darko didn't get any playing time at all in Detroit. Coaching staff was ragging on him here. Then he goes to Orlando and similar stuff happens. Yes, he got more time and he shown flashes of decent play, but it just doesn't make sense that two teams are plainly wrong on the guy and just abused him.
  2. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

I say the Bucks trade Yi, get the Chinese government off their back, then pickup Darko. They'll get a talented, finesse, foreign, big. He can be one of the focuses of the offense, and he's probly younger than Yi... i personally think the guys 23.
  3. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Read this morning that the Magic needed to recind their rights to UKW in order to free up the cap space for Lewis. Darko must feel like he has a black cloud permanently overhead.

I guess now he is free to go tear up some Spanish backsides in the world games. :pound:
  4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

And Memphis is also one of the favorites to sign Darko. Any chance Gasol/Darko become the next Etan "The Poet" Thomas/Brendan "sucker punch" Haywood combo?
  5. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Poor guy. When it rains, it pours.
  6. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

Either he can cry like a baby or learn from the experience and play with a serious chip on his shoulder, Darko needs the heart to play consistently well, i think the main reason he played well in the playoffs was because he was playing us. He needs to take all this negativity and harness it.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I sense a Darko conspiracy...........Maybe Davidson from his private box. :pound:
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You do if you cannot afford to take on more salary. Remember, Dwight is going to get a big raise soon.

From my perspective, Darko should have quickly taken his extension, instead of following along with his agent and the money trail that really was a wild goose chase. Otis did what any smart businessman does when the stakes get too high. He folded rather than lose his shirt.

see above.

You're missing it. They got Rashard for Darko. They could have S&T'd Darko, took back a bunch of pieces, or they could drop Darko and grab Rashard.

As you said, it's a no brainer.

Darko was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. And probably has the wrong guy giving him sound career advice.
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

It seemed like the Magic pulled back the football a la Lucy and Charlie Brown. I think darko wanted to sign that deal so he could get on with slacking. The magic wanted to see if he could work it in a contract year.
  10. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Exactly. The fixation on Darko gets very tiresome.
  11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I just vant to get on with slacking.
  12. max

max All-Star

I thought he did agree to the extenstion last season and Smith pulled the deal - didn't he?

In this summers contorversy - To tell a guy that you are his #1 priority and not even attempt to make an offer is not right. If thats what actually happened.

I recall something posted here over the weekend where Darko's agent was quoted as saying he thought his client was worth a 60 mil deal.

Who knows. Maybe something more was going on and the Smith did not want to drag out his summer in a lengthly battle with Cornstein which in the process would exclude them from accomplishing anything else - like signing Lewis.
  13. McSheed

McSheed Second Round Draft Pick

I heard alot of teams are interested on getting him. If they are looking for ALOT of potential they are in for a surprise.
  14. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko doesn't mind tough coaches. he does however mind not playing after the coach yells. lb would yell at darko but never play him. i think pop and timmy can really help darko become the force in this league that he has the potential to be. if darko is forced to mle i don't think a team in the league should turn it down. he's a bargain at that price even as just a shot blocker backup.
  15. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Yep. And the over-the-top fulminations of Darko's agent (see Mikhail's post #32) are further evidence that Darko's agent overplayed his hand, and is now regretting it. The agent "doth protest too much" about the Orlando GM. He should really be pointing the finger at himself.
  16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

If Darko is so sensitive about being yelled at what will Orlando's rejection do to his fragile psyche??? He may revert to getting his dunks blocked by rims.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think Orlando was probably high on Darko, but jumped at the chance to get Lewis when they realized it was a possibility. Maybe they led DM on a bit... but that was a good strategy on their part in case they couldn't get anything better.
  18. bball jay

it was a good strategy for this situation. it won't be a good strategy in terms of free agents and players in the future. the players see how otis handles business and it will get around. darko's agent only wanted some honesty and courtesy.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

jay, let's not kid ourselves. Marc Cornstein wanted to squeeze the Magic's coffers like a Florida orange.

Otis is going to look out for his best interests (flashy signing) and Cornstein is going to look out for his best interests (biggest deal for Darko).

Unfortunately, the market filled Otis' needs quicker than Darko's.
  20. bball jay

i think darko was going to take a reasonable deal. he was going to take a reasonable deal at the start of the season when otis took the deal off the table. i think darko's agent had a reason not to fully play fair with otis. honestly i think this is better for darko anyway. he'd be 4th option on the magic still setting picks for everyone else on the team.