Darko's Value

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Aug 28, 2007.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

How do you know this stuff? Don't tell me that Lee told you.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Linwood, you are asking a lot of questions about YKW. Do you know what happened to the last guy who started asking questions? :gun1: :nailbiting:

3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Exactly. It's been a dirty little secret in the NBA that players don't want really good players on their teams. I think Darko made some early attempts to look bad (getting a dunk blocked by the rim, etc.) but then the natural talent took over and he was alienated from the other players due to his exceptional talent. I imagine someone will write a dissertation on it soon. I checked Dissertation Abstracts but nothing yet.

4. BillLaimbeer

The search engine at Dissertation Abstracts is very picky, so you have to choose wisely when submitting key words on the Advanced Search form. Try "sandbagging", "blood flow", and "i just vant to play".

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

From Darko's family.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Solid answer. And I can respect that.

7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm almost convinced that Darko SHOULD actually make the HOF. If for no other reason than the incredible creativity with which his supporters produce "reasons" for his lack of production and inability to make a home in the NBA. Maybe he really IS that good.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Memphis might make the playoffs this year but Conley, Gay, Gasol, Miller, and Warrick will contribute more to that playoff run than Darko. Memphis made the playoffs 2 years ago. If injuries did not occur last year they probably would of made it again. If Memphis makes the playoffs the main reason that their will be such a turn around from last season is because of injured players like Gasol returning.

I bet Darko comes off the bench and the 5 guys I mentioned start. If Darko starts it's only because the Grizzlies don't want to play Warrick, or Gasol at Center.

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wonder - was there a Chauncey HOF club in Denver deluding themselves with visions of grandeur until he made a place for himself in D-Town, won a ship, earned the Finals MVP?

10. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

the grizzlies are just a better team. they picked up navarro too in the offseason. i'm not saying darko is the sole reason. i'm just saying darko + full season = playoffs on any team. but to go further not only will they make the playoffs but they will be a very tough round series. they will have one of the best frontcourts in the league. darko will help gasol so much he may return to the all star game.
    darko will start. that's why they brought darko in because they don't want to play warrick or gasol at center.

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

His family thinks he should make the HOF...that's a solid enough recommendation for me.

12. BillLaimbeer

The same thing was initially said about Ben and DMC, then Howard and DMC. After a while, Darko starts outworking the superstar and makes him look bad. The superstar goes to management, and Darko is gone. The pattern should be obvious. Look for Darko to be traded by January.

13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Sheed and Billups still talk up Darko

14. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

Does anybody else remember when the DHOFer's were saying Darko's problem was that he was playing out of his natural position the 4 to play the 5. It just bugs me that stories can change so damn much, I mean how many excuses can we give the guy. If I was new to the whole Darko thing I might actually think he is the best player ever reading some of this stuff, when the truth is he is a talented 7 footer to bad he is also a lazy unmotivated chain smoking sissy, who will never amount to anything unless his attitude changes. I wanted him to succeed as much as any other piston fan here but he didn't. And his attitude seems to be the biggest reason why, hell just look at some of the crap he said when Orlando didn't make an effort to resign him. NEWS TO DARKO you are not the greatest thing since sliced bread get over yourself, once you do that you may actually be a player in this league.

15. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

What''s Darko worth? Well according to the free market, less than Gerald Wallace, but more than Jason Kapono and Luke Walton.

Considering his lack of PT on previous teams, and lack of coaches that wanted to coach him, that's not a bad place to be.

16. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

The tires on my car are round in one plane. The first thing I do each morning is pee. Those are facts too. And equally related.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sorry, you lost me when you say Darko played. When was this?

18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Check it out: a 3-4 year project maturing in...4 years. It's rocket science.

19. max

max All-Star

The only thing Darko represents to me right now is a thrown away complete waste of a #2 pick. In the last 25 years the Pistons have only had 3 top picks. Isiah, G.Hill and Darko. Which one does not belong in that group?

If Darko keeps improving then I will enjoy watching him but he is never going to put on a Pistons uniform again. That ship has sailed. Too many bridges burned.

We did get Rodney Stucky out of the deal. Any chance Stucky could make us forget about losing a #2 pick?

20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

One can only hope Max. and yeah, I agree about the waste.