Dastyuk VS Zetterberg

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I was wondering what everyone felt about this:

Who's the better player: Datsyuk or Zetterberg???

Here's my take...

Datsyuk: Good centerman, great vision, maybe a little suspect on defense, but with CRAZY skills with the puck.

Zetterberg: Natural centerman, who struggled to win faceoffs in the NHL, and spends most of his time at wing, solid on defense, gets some time on the PK, solid shot and passing.

To be honest, I think Zetterberg is probably a better all around player. That said, I still think Datsyuk is more exciting to watch.

I don't hold my breath and move to the edge of my seat when Zetts has the puck... when Dats is dancing in the corner, weaving the puck around two defensemen, and making the insane pass... I get tunnel vision, and can't hear anything but the game. I've used the slow motion replay on my VCR more for Datsyuk than any of the other players combined.

What's your take?

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hank. I'll take the steady player over the flashy guy with suspect "D" anytime.

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Spoken like a true Piston's fan!

4. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

UPDATE:

After getting into the groove with the new system, he missed almost all of training camp, Datsyuk has been playing well on the PK, and using his stick handling skills to his advantage on D.

Impressive thus far.