Dead Coach Walking

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Great way to show ur emotions. Put them all in the right place as well.
  2. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Curry is going to be back. #1 to #6 have been going on all year. Joe probably talks to Curry on a regular basis so Joe would either have enforced these things on MC or he would have fired him somehwere halfway cause he wasnt listening.

I have to agree with lpgrl26
    This season will be blamed on the trade not working out, some players will be replaced/traded and next season we will rebuild with Curry as coach.
    Don't think much will change next season tbh although we might be looking at a whole new Pistons team.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That really looks bad on a resume- destroying a perrenial ECF team and then coaching through a rebuild. His record after 3 years could be 90-156 quite easily.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I don't think it will be this bad, but lots depends on what Joe D. will do in the offseason.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It seems to me that Joe's not a believer in mid-season firing of coaches. I think Curry's gone. Joe's probably waiting for the Cavs to sweep us before he drops the axe.

In a way, that's good. Then there would be no "would've, could've" babbling after the fact.
  6. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

Curry will be back... Nothing can be solely blamed on him he's just an easy person to blame things on becuase he talks funny and he knows how to dress.
    If this team is bad next year he's gone if not then he gets an extension.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

All of it cannot be blamed on Curry, but in my opinion just losing the last three games after leading midway through the fouth quarter in all of them and then blowing both the 6th and 7th seeds where a first round win was a high possibility is grounds for termination.

He only gets a second chance if he gets to the ECF....if he doesn't..cut him lose before draft day.

By the way...welcome back Mikhail, missed your topical comments....hope you can find something to supplement your income...how are your coaching skills??
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

curry will stay around until joe feels the team is ready to compete for another 'ship, and then he'll spend the $ for a better coach
  9. Fuster

Fuster Second Round Draft Pick

Curry was a mistake. I guess I should expect nothing less based on what Dumars did with Flip and Larry Brown. This year seems like a junior high school student's science experiment. Time to get serious about a long term coach, one who knows what they are doing (like the last two who were fired). :gun1:
  10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I really think Joe will keep Tandoori around....how often do you get a coach you can dictate minutes to? Most coaches won't stand for that and will walk before they let you tell them who to play. Joe has an excellent puppet in place right now and I don't think he will give him up so easily.
  11. BB4L11

BB4L11 First Round Draft Pick

You cannot give that man an extension no matter what after this seasons fiasco.
  12. BB4L11

Probably right now that I think about it, so next year will be a washout again. Just waiting on that one big trade to save the day, what we'll have to put around him I've got no idea.

I think I'll go to live in the desert for a year so I don't have to watch.

BB4L
  13. BB4L11

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You think Dumars was behing playing Sheed 40+ minutes a night in November and Dyess the same in March?
  15. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

No, but I also think that creates the line he'll run about Tandoori getting a year to figure things out and learn what it's really like....making it very easy to a) bring that guy back and b) lecture said guy on "see what happens, when you don't play the guys I highlighted?"
  16. BB4L11

Oh well that's it then, season 08-09 was a disgrace. Sack the coach, get rid of Wallace while you're at it, he's great when we are rolling but when the chips are down he sucks big time.

Bring back Billups...
  17. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

4 losses, none of them close, got embarrassed on your home floor to end the season.

Time for Curry to go. Period.
  18. BB4L11

Hear hear!
  19. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

If Dumars can broom all the players with rings (save 1), he may just keep his coach. Feel he's worth another try. With heavy turnover, he may just hope for a change in attitude to where the players would try harder. It's a shame that this wouldn't matter with a bag of nails like Curry.
  20. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

If Curry go....then who should we bring in? Eddie Jordan from the Wizard? I mean the Wizard already signed Flip for four years.

I still think Laimbeer should get to coach the Pistons one of these day. He's used to coaching girls anyway. :pound: