1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Delfino Says He Wants Out

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by ggazoo69, Jul 13, 2006.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We might not know which stream Carlos is fishing this summer, but we do know he was slow, lazy, and out of shape at Summer League last year.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mad Hatter is a special breed. I knocked heads with him for weeks until we saw each other's view. Consider him a professional disturber and rectifier of incorrect (in his mind) opinions. It's never personal with him.

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Roscoe, here in America, that saying goes:

Fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again.

4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

... coming off knee surgery and a having not seen an NBA court in months? What about when he came back during the regulars season? All reports out of summer league say Max is out of shape this year, and he didn't even have surgery. That's what happens after riding the pine for a year.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Delfino's knee was just fine for VSL last year. In fact, in my opinion, he should have been on the Pistons playoff roster in 04-05.

6. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Well Fresh, you don't have to reply to me if you don't want to. No problem. As Roscoe said...it's NEVER personal with me as long as it ain't no name calling. You can speculate about what you think I don't know because you don't know what I know. But let's look at what we do know. As of this very minute; J-Max is honing his game and Delfino is reelin em in. Which is the act of a hungry player?

I understand your desire for Delfino to succeed, and believe it or not; I share that desire. But if HE don't want it for himself, why should I? I look forward to your upcoming reports about how Delfino is "tearing up the league" with his "stellar play" against "superior competition" once the Argentine season starts. Don't disappoint now...ya heah?

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey, I thought bballjay was a master debater? Oh... master baiter. Nevermind.

8. jammertime

Sorry, but that's not how that saying goes at all.

"Fool me once... shame on.... shame on you. Fool me................(blank stare).................. Fool me, you can't get fooled again."

George Dubya Bush

9. jammertime

Ah, crap. You beat me to it! That's what happens when you post before finishing a thread. :frusty:

10. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Okay, okay. What the heck is that?!

Look at the numbers:
    FG% Jmax-42.6 Delf-35.9
    FT% Jmax-33 Delf-57.5
    O-Reb Jmax-12 Delf-13
    D-Reb Jmax-16 Delf-42
    Total Red Jmax-28 Delf-55
    Assists Jmax-3 Delf 38
    Blocks Jmax-5 Delf-6
    Steals Jmax-4 Delf-22
    PTS Jmax-60 Delf-116

How is that "MUCH BETTER"?

11. Superstarov

The only ones that are calling the guy a whiner/crybaby are the ones who would rather a player talk to the press and give a bland Chauncey interview. I respect the guy for speaking his mind.

And if you remember, after Delfino's rookie year, he busted his butt conditioning his kneee so he was confident with it. And I believe this year he's planning on playing in some sort of a world championship thing, and I'm pretty sure it's basketball.

12. Superstarov

No that's not in American man, that's in that sanctuary of Fascism called the United States of Jesusland.

13. Superstarov

Deldino wasn't completely happy with his knee, which is why he spent the entire summer conditioning his knee, so that he would be comfortable with it.

A trainer or Doctor can tell you over and over again that something is fine, but it doesn't matter until you've convinced yourself.

14. Superstarov

How's JMax doing against "superior talent"? Is he "tearing up" the SL with his "stellar play"? Because he pretty much sucked it up in the regular season.

Check his stats.

Now check Delfino's against the same talent.

15. jammertime

Man, I remember not too long ago, when we were so proud of the fact that our team was so good, that we were reduced to debating guys at the end of our bench.

Well... a few months later, we're still debating the end of our bench, only things don't look quite so rosey in Pistonland these days.

Oh, how I long for the good old days of yester month.

16. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I never have been a fan of Delfino's. After the Larry fiasco I decided to give Delfino another chance to prove his worth. His jay is still broke and he turns the ball over alot. From what I saw he did not do much to earn Flips confidence to get more playing time. I will give Delfino credit because it did look like he improved his defense but other than that I think we could get more production for the money we are paying him.

So long Delfino....:brick:

17. Mad Hatter

You mean when he was playing with his play station? Yep, the results of his busted butt showed in SL last year too. So far this year all reports are sayin he's busting his butt wrestling with that fishing pole too.

Uh-Oh....did we just sign Flip Murray? Wonder whose spot he's gonna take? :eyebrows:

18. jammertime

Yeah, no kidding. That really lasted long. No wonder Delfino wants out.

Sure he could have gone about it in a better way. But at least he isn't just going to sit back and be content to rot on the bench or let Joe and Flip continue to spread their BS about him getting PT.

Enough talk about playing the guy. Just play him already.

Actions speak louder than words and I haven't liked what I've been hearing from the organization lately.

19. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

sorry everyone, i was on vacation (fishing in Argentina) and couldn't get to this translation. the one posted here is pretty good with the exception of this snippet.

Crastinator was right: it isn't "I do not want to stay in Detroit" but rather "I would not want to stay in Detroit". The sentence sounds somewhat odd, even in Spanish (but since when were pro basketball players grammarians!).

20. Mad Hatter

I dunno Jammer, I'm seeing this a little bit differently. Fishing rather than working on your game = "rotting" on the bench. I think Joe and Flip want him to TAKE some PT, but it don't seem like Delfino wants it for himself. Delfino's actions are speaking louder than his words, and the message is coming across loud and clear.

Tell me again....why couldn't he play in both the SL and for his national team? :confused: