Delfino Tracker (Argentina NT)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by FreshPrince22, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Subtle Savage

Subtle Savage Second Round Draft Pick

I agree. But confidence is important, especially with Delfino who sometimes is inconsistent.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe the exposure and recognition that Delfino is getting right now will influence Flip's confidence in him.

Too bad all of our bench players can't play in the FIBA games. It is a good showcase. It would have been cool if Cheik Samb would have played for Senegal.

3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As someone else already pointed out, his situation in the national team is quite similar to the one in Detroit- he's playing behind a very good SG (Ginobili) and a solid SF (Prince) while backing up both spots. So he should see way more time than Murray.
    He could do a decent job with running the O while RIP and/or Tay rest- especially since Hunter isn't a typical point guard to run plays.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think Murray is very good unless he is starting, and the financial investment in him is not much more than Delfino. It really should come down to "who plays best".

5. Subtle Savage

Yes, he is playing SG and some SF.

There is another SF who plays some minutes: Walter Herrmann, who is close to signing with the Bobcats.

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Today against Turkey in the 1/4 finals...

17 minutes, 14 points (5/8 FG, 2/4 3FG), 8 rebounds, 1 steal

I think it's obvious at this point that he'll be well worth the minutes played for the rebounding and defense alone. We're gonna need all we can get with Ben gone.

7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

I think Herrmann mainly played PF along with that bulkowsky guy?
    Against the turks, Fino mainly played the 2 spot.

8. Subtle Savage

He always plays more as a shooting guard with the national team. But sometimes he plays along with Manu Ginobili. Against Turkey I think that didn't happen.

Herrmann is a SF, but when young was a PF. But with the NT he always plays as a SF, replacing Nocioni. Maybe he played a couple minutes in the last quarter in the trash minutes. I am not sure, but if he did, it was exceptional. As far as I remember, Wolkowyski and Fernandez were the inside couple in the end of the game.
    He did post up many times... but he did it while playing the SF spot.

EDIT: Just heard the piece of news... its official, Charlotte Bobcats signed Walter Herrmann. :)

9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

Delfino didn't play well today against Spain. He had a couple of stupid fouls (especially the one when he shoved Gasol and gave him a 3pt play).
    He also failed to run the offense since Spain is a far better team than Turkey.
    On the good side, he made one very nice 3 pointer (and missed some in the 4th quarter) and penetrated well but was a little bit unlucky with finishing.
    He also showed once again what a good rebounder he is.

10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

The final numbers through 9 games:

18.7 minutes, 9 ppg (47% FG, 41.2% 3FG), 5.1 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.5 TOpg

looks good to me. He is a beast on the defensive glass for a guard. He led all of the guards in the entire tournament in Rebs per 40 minutes by a mile. Something we REALLY could have used last year :rolleyes:

11. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

It is such a definite plus when a guard gives his team rebounds. I have no figures to back it up but it just seems that when the Pistons win, their guards had gotten more rebounds than they usually do. Just a feeling.

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Just thinking out loud... but how is Carlos gonna play guard with Flip here?... I guess he would be good in situations where Flip is too small to play against bigger SGs (Jackson etc).

13. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Lot of good points in this thread about Delfino, why he should play, why he will not play, and if he does play.....etc...

I would like to add, if Delfino plays significant minutes this year it is because Joe D told Flip to play him.

What would make us think otherwise??

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Did anybody here watch the USA/ Argentina bronze metal game? How did 'Los play?