Delfino traded?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

we don't have a team that really allows guys to sneak through the cracks. and if they do...will it matter? Maxiell rocked Cleveland and then sat. imagine if Brown decided to shelve Gibson after his great play.

Lebron attracts so much attention. When CD or Maxiell is in...who commands a doubleteam for them to take advantage of.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sheed. Rip if he is being fed.

Billups seemed to see a lot of traps, which meant that someone had to be open.
  3. Slippy

that was sheed.
  4. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Blakely says Carlos asked to be traded:
  5. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

delfino hit a clutch 3 to send us into ot in ny then i believe he hit the first shot of ot in that same game. several times delfino has came in and keyed bench runs and gets sent to the bench when the bench has pulled us back into the game. i believe jmax was played to his strengths so it was easier for him to make impact. delfino was made to sit in the corner while an inferior ball handler handled the ball. delfino should have the ball in his hands early and often in the offense it will be shown in toronto.

jmax is also a more selfish player. not selfish in a bad way but when jmax gets in the game he's trying to get some shots up. delfino is a flow player that lets the game come to him and with 2 starters on the floor and lindsey on the floor with him it often doesn't. it isn't about the amount of minutes it's what he was made to do with those minutes. most of his minutes he was made to stand in the corner while we ran a two man iso game. i guess his impact was stretching the defense.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think Delfino also impacted quite a few games with his rebounding. He was never given a chance to utilize his skills on offfense.
  7. Slippy

Its like Delfino is streaky on his jumper but has got decent skills at everything else...so.........stand on the perimeter and jack 3's. Hunter is better as a spot up shooter and is not that great distributing the ball....so.........here's the ball, make something happen.

Well, he's gone. He'll do something in Toronto...or not. I don't think we'll see a boris Diaw explosion but I think rap fans will be happy. Mo evans looked good once he got to LA.
  8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

This is why I don't think it would be a good idea to draft Splitter. The Pistons style of play doesn't work with non-U.S. trained players. Okur and Darko had basically the same problem.

:hoops:
  9. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Is this enough to get us under the cap?

I'm just grasping at straws for something positive here...
  10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

No.

We can let Chauncey walk for nothing and this team would still not technically be considered to be under the cap.
  11. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

The thing that sucks is that these probably won't even be decent 2nd round picks (unless we are going to try to package these) because Toronto should be a pretty good team for a a few years to come with that very young core...

And how the hell did we not get MoPete out of this deal???? :mad2:
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

When I heard that Delfino got traded to Toronto I thought that Mo Pete would coming here. :ohwell:
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mo Pete's contract is expiring. There would have been no point.
  14. Slippy

I am getting annoyed with the whole Delfino was traded cuz he was inconsistent line.

KRISTA JAHNKE: On Dumars' to-do list: Draft well, sign the star, find a center

how can the national media hype Delfino and Maxiell as energy guys for the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs if Delfino vacillated in his whopping 16 minutes of GT which primarily consisted of standing out at the perimeter.

Say he wasn't going to be that good. Say his skills didn't match up with the team. But cut the inconsistent effort BS. The WHOLE TEAM played like that ALL SEASON LONG! Oh we traded Delfino because he couldn't flip the switch on. yeah right.

Delfino left because he asked to leave. Thats why we get squat for him. It would have been WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more beneficial for this organization to unload CD for a high 2nd round in THIS years draft.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

You know what JD thinks of Draft Picks and Rookies.........
  16. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I'm curious what we'll do next year. Detroit has always had a scape goat to blame, even if that player didn't actually play.

It was always their fault for not being able to help us because they weren't "playing the right way" or "having Pistons DNA"

Well, the foreigners are gone. Who we gonna blame? G-d forbid we blame the starters or the coach.

Have to be happy Flip Jr. wants to come back, cause it's not like he's inconsistent.
  17. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Or whining about not getting into the game until it was out of hand rather than showing a willingness to learn and being happy about any opportunity to play, no matter how small it is.
  18. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It might be easier to take if the organization was actually honest with them instead of blowing smoke up their (and our) unmentionables.

How many times have we heard Flip Saunders tell us that he's learned the error of his ways and that he would trust the bench and start to play them more?
    Well, let's see. Eight pre-season games and 82 regular season games per year, 16 playoff games this season and 18 last year. So I guess we've heard it 214 times. That's about 213 more times than I'd like.

And what about Joe? How many times have we heard him say that he was going to force (request, encourage, beg, etc.) his coach to play his bench more?

I'm not saying that Delfino was a saint, or that he handled everything correctly. He didn't IMO. I'm just saying that neither did the Pistons organization, and this is far from the first time.