Delfino traded?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Jun 15, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Probably Toronto's least attractive cheerleader. :rofl:
  2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yes he would if flip won't play him. i don't believe that the pistons org plays players based on how well they do in practice or in games. the rotation is set no matter what. i doubt lindsey was eating up flip murray yet he gets more minutes than him.

i'm excited about seeing fino dunk and push the raptors into the second round. delfino is a triple double threat every night. joe got duped on this trade again. why do we keep developing talent and not getting anything in return? i think joe just granted fino's request to be traded.

this was just a roster move to clear up time for super dupe.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Rashard Lewis or Zach Randolph is on the way................Count on it!!!
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Stating the obvious...I'm pissed Mo Pete wasn't in this transaction :nerd2:
  5. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

Wow, moved Delfino for absolutely nothing. WTF. At least get rid of Nancy if you are just shipping butts out of town.
  6. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

What a kick in the balls.

Delfino will be starting for that team by the end of the year. He'll be an 17-19 point player in the league, easy, to go along with his solid all around play. The only consolation is that Joe has a solid draft record with second rounders.

I think that we''l see a strong push to bring Grant Hill back to the Pistons. Alex Acker will probably be coming back, and you can bet on Joe taking a swingman with one of the picks.

The picks are great and all, but we've got to start playing these young kids sooner or later...
  7. roscoe36

The good.

Carlos can be explosive and his handle is decent. The harder the shot near the rim, the better he finishes. Improved his FT shooting this year. A ready passer and an excellent rebounder for his size/position.

Has 3 point range and excels in transition. Can defend post ups (tough body on body) and gets his hands into passing lanes.

Fast and athletic. Has length.

The not so good.

Misses easy opportunities at the hoop (sometimes a victim of his one handed finish on dunks) and his jumpshot is a wild card on any given night. Very streaky from the perimeter.

Can disappear for stretches.

Gets caught defending with his hands and not his feet on the perimeter. Struggles with leaving his feet and timing when defending jumpers.

Confidence is key for his success.

Calderon is worth a high first round pick because you guys have Ford. An absolute FA steal by the Raptors.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Delfino is a jack of all trades and master of none. He plays solid defense , rebounds well and is generally a streaky shooter. When he drives, I've seen more charging calls than anything else.

If you look at mo pete with playing time vs. mo pete without, playing time says a lot.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hill was talking to Dan Patrick the other day and was saying at this point he wants a ship, but it sounded to me like he was leaning toward Phoenix due to his style of play. He also talked about San Antonio a lot.

Now let me add that Patrick really pestered him to say stuff, but I got the impression he likes the Phoenix idea.
  10. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

The peanut shells off the floor in the stadium.
  11. Delfino Delivers

Needless to say I will be keeping a very close eye on the Raptors to see how Fino develops. I honestly beleive the only thing missing from his game was playing time. He has all the skills and just needed "game time" to show what he could do on a consistent basis.

Still think he will be a Manu type player in 5 years (when he is Man's age). Who would have thought that Ginobili(sp) would have come back from scoring 3 points to score 27 and lead his team (off the bench).

That is what we are giving up for 2 second round picks. Write it down.
  12. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I have to admit, I didn't see this one coming. I guess we'll see what other moves Joe makes and how Delfino's career progresses with Raptors.
  13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Half a Slim Jim and a potato pancake.

This is a good trade in my opinion, as Joe can use the potato pancake to entice that 6'7" point guard from Greece.
  14. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

If we could get some snack foods and a not-ugly cheerleader for Murray, then it's a no-brainer.
  15. Delfino Delivers

Some days life just stinks.
  16. roscoe36

I just answered a PM with this and wanted to mention, that perhaps Carlos asked for a trade.

Before people beat up on Joe, or accuse him of having something against International/Caucasian players, bear in mind that Carlos has asked out numerous times in the past.

And this is probably a darn good move for Carlos' career.
  17. mikhail1973

I had hopes for Delfino for the next year. Well, now I have to look up to bringing Acker and possibly G.Hill back here to see what they can do. I'd say that G.Hill would be an upgrade over Delfino, but on Acker my book is still open.
  18. crumbs

crumbs First Round Draft Pick

Delfino is a much better fit for Toronto's up-tempo style than our current "Stand around and shoot Jumpers" style. I don't know if he'll explode, but I think he will definitely be a contributer. Too bad we got nothing worthwhile in return, but perhaps this is part a bigger plan?
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Glad to share our thoughts with you, KiBosh. That's the sort of delicate language we encourage around here. :laugh:

My take on Delfino is that he showed some very good potential in the '06 season, but I don't think he improved much at all in '07. His defense and athleticism were encouraging when he first started seeing PT in '06, particularly one memorable game against Boston where he absolutely clung to Paul Pierce. It was clear that Pierce was frustrated at getting practically shut down by this guy he'd never heard of.

But this past season, I don't think Delfino got much better, even though his playing time went up. He hustles and rebounds well, which is good, but his basketball IQ seemed lacking on a lot of occasions. And his outside shooting, which was pretty suspect to begin with, didn't get any better. He could get hot on occasion, but I don't think it's likely to get consistent. Not bad for a bench player, but this season reduced my faith in seeing any really dramatic improvement from him, in great contrast to our rim-rocking Jason Maxiell.
  20. mikhail1973

I think this is a pretty good assessment. Maybe we're expecting from Delfino more than he actually is. Joe was never afraid to admit that he made a mistake and he's going to get rid of anyone who doesn't want to be here.