Delfino v. Dupree

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TBird, Oct 11, 2005.

1. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

It looks like the last spot in the rotation will go to one of these two, who will (along with Mo Evans) spell Tay and Rip this year.

If you had to choose one of the two, which one would you go with and why?
  2. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

I would pick Delfino

He's more of a change of pace Prince, which is what we want a wide options of styles and match ups. Dupree is a great player but he's redunant with Prince and Evens and such. I think hopefully we can take him and maybe Davis and trade them for another big man mid season...

my plan is to release Hunter, let him be a special assistant till mid season. then we dump the player we decide is the least needed, hopefully in a trade for draft picks or maybe a 2 for 1....
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Alex Acker is on the bubble too. It may be the rook out the door, if Dup and delf look good in camp. I wonder if we can stash Ack for a year like we did Rickey Paulding.
  4. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

my vote goes to Delfino.

i just think he's more talented than Dupree. Dupree may be more athletic, but i think that Delfino will be able to offer more. i remember when Delfino would often get a few assists in the little playing time he had last season.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dup/ Delfino

They are very different players. We should keep both. Either get rid of Lindsay and bring him back later in the year... or leave Acker off. It is a tough choice, but Acker probably won't contribute in the clutch this year. If you can't leave off the last pick of the draft, who can you leave off?
  6. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

The rook likely will be out

I think Acker is the rook out. LH is still an asset to this team and JD will not get rid of him for obvious reasons. He's a miniature Ben and at this point our best small defender. Acker is full of promise, but with the configuration and depth of this team, that promise have to be put on hold. Delfino is coming back with a chip on his shoulder and according to the written reports, he's determine to prove his value.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Lindsey should stay. He'll be valuable against the Heat cause he'll make J Will turnover the ball even more. I say Dupree is better defensively, and Delfino is better offensively. This team will need offense more so Delfino will probably get the nod. I just think Dupree would do better on teams who are not as well defensively because he can help there.
  8. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

The guy who went completely undrafted.

Dupree is a nice energy guy... but we saw last year that you don't get to play two energy guys at the same position (Ham and Dupree last year). You've already got Evans filling that spot this year.

Honestly, though, a guy like Acker is almost a dime a dozen - a combo guard with unproven potential. And I'd rather give up a guy like Acker than someone like Dupree who can make a difference on the court for a short period of time.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

That's an interesting idea about Lindsay.

A week ago I was almost certain Dupree was the odd man out. Now I don't know what to think. :confused:
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

dupree/ Acker

The way I see it, I'd rather have insurance this year (Dupree) in case of injuries, than another guy who has potential, but need to develop (Acker). If we need to play Acker this year in an important game, then something has gone terribly wrong and we're screwed anyway. I also think that there is something to be said for rewarding a guy like Dupree who obviously worked his butt off to just make the team. And Jenkins and Ham can't fill that role this year.
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Gotta be Delfino,
    If, and I mean IF, he's over his LB inspired mental meltdown from last year, then he is almost as athletic as Dupree, but a better shooter, ballhandler, and passer. Also Delfino can play the 1, 2, or 3, Dupree is a tweener 2-3.
  12. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

13. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I really do believe that Acker is here to stay folks. Between Delfino & Dupree, what a decision. I am not totally sold on Delfino as of yet because I still have somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth from last year, LB not withstanding. Thus far, Delfino looks good and attitude wise he seems to have developed a good hard nose approach to the season. I like what he did during the off-season with the biking, that takes a great deal of discipline. I will hold off for a couple of more weeks on this one. I need to see consistency.
  14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Somethin' tells me Dupree will be on the roster to start the season... you have to reward everything he stands for... Joe kicked himself the first time he let Dupree go.

I would like to see Delfino and Dupree substututed offense for defense.

A lot of this decision depends on how well Acker can defend.... if he can appoach Hunters intensity (gotta consider age)... it could make LH (gulp) expendable.

I think we also have to be realistic about Delfino's injury history... can he stay on the floor?... right now I seriously question this.

Sorry guys, Dupree deserves to be here.... wonder if Joe is getting much sleep these days.
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

No apology to me is necessary. I WANT him here. I think he can give us some tough minutes. He hasn't mastered the Delfino bullfighting move on defense yet. :nod:
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I want to see him play like he did in Chicago. He played very well over there.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ronald must stay

I agree. I don't see how you can release Dupree. He makes plays every time he is on the floor and they never run any sets for him.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yes but what about Glyniadakis?
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Glyny stinks

I really think finalizing the roster is biggest decision for the Pistons franchise right now. The 10-man rotation will work itself out for Flip. I know Joe D likes all 3 of his rookies and he is good buddies with Lindsay Hunter. Dupree looks like a keeper. Who is the odd man out on the 15-man roster?
  20. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

about Delfino

I pretty much have to agree with the above highlighted statement from 16 (strangely). I also must say CD looks a lot more fit and in shape this time around, definitely doesn't look to be 230ish lbs anymore.... Either it's all muscle now or he's trimmed down to about 220ish. Bottom line he is one of the better all around players on the squad, hopefully his defense has picked up a tad bit from last season....

By the way did anybody see the dime he just dropped to Dupree!?!?! I say keep em both, and Glyndy is toast...