Delfino VS Evans Revisited

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Superstarov, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

FreshPrince22
    Uh-Oh. Sounds like another rendition of "bloodflow" coming.

Not the old "they won't pass him the ball" song is it?

:violin:

I'm not so sure. LH can handle the ball. He just ain't a playmaker/floor general on offense.

Ummm, I think you're talking about Arroyo. LH ain't known for this.

:violin:

Just funnin witcha Fresh Prince.

The bottom line is Delfino has got to FINISH when given the opportunity. His shooting percentage is :scared: . His FT percentage is worse. If they made highlight films out of missed dunks, Delfino would be the star of the show. :mad2:

I want to pull for the guy, but dagnabit; he's got to produce RESULTS!

NO EXCUSES! :twitch:

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i like both players. delfino has showed he can do an excellent job guarding strong 3s, but he's been inconsistent. mo has been inconsistent too, but not as much. mo's been playing pretty well lately.

hopefully they can get more consistent minutes as we enter the final 22 games.

3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Mad Hatter, all of the points that I made that you are simply "writing off" are legitimate concerns. Flip is trying to turn guys who aren't shooters into nothing but shooters. There is a reason why Tayshaun and Delfino have struggled offensively. Neither are great shooters. It is the same situation. How often do we see these guys camped out in the corner on all of Flip's offensive sets? That may have worked for Wally World in Minny, but it doesn't here.

I also like how you bring up his shooting percentage (40.5%) as being awful, but Chauncey is shooting 1% better, and Sheed/Tayshaun are shooting under 3% better. That equals out to 1 or 3 more misses per 100 shots. I don't here much complaining about Sheed's shooting percentage, and he's a power forward.

Also, if you don't think the number of shots is an issue, then you've never played basketball. Getting into a rhythm plays a big role in shooting consistancy. You can play your violin all you want, but it doesn't make it any less true.

7-8 minutes per game (with DNPs scattered in) and 2 shots per game is not going to produce the spectacular numbers that you appear to be looking for not matter how great the player is. So I don't know what to tell you :noidea:. I am more concerned that they play good defense, rebound, and make smart plays offensively. If they aren't going to get a whole lot of opportunities to score and make plays on the offensive end, then I'm not going to expect much.

4. Mad Hatter

FreshPrince22
    I didn't say both were GREAT shooters. Prince is a MUCH BETTER shooter than he's shown lately. We know what he is capable of. The jury is still out on Delfino.

I know you ain't trying to say Delfino is as good/reliable a shooter as Chauncy. Are you? :twitch: I noticed you didn't address Delfino's FT percentage. Does that count? How about dunks?

We don't need a fresh set of excuses for Delfino, Evans, Prince or anybody. No excuses this time of year. Either produce or collect splinters!

I ain't the one playing the violen! I'm hearing it! I much prefer drums, saxophones and the electric guitar! :nod:

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Weather Report, I can dig it.

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Saw them live at Royal Oak... check out the song Birdland.

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

notice tay does this too. it's more a nature of the offensive sets and how the plays don't initially run through the SF spot.

8. Mad Hatter

Weather Report!

Micro you are my kinda guy! I've also got an old Jaco Pastorious solo album that kicks azz! This is one of my all time favorite groups!

Heavy weather baby! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

9. FreshPrince22

I didn't say you did. I'm saying they AREN'T, but Flip is playing them like they are. He needs to get Tayshaun in the post and Delfino Slashing.

You consistantly put words in my mouth. FACT: You complained about his shooting percentage. FACT: Chauncey shoots 1% better. Delfino connects on about as many of his shots as Chauncey. Period.

First, he shot 80% in Europe. I imagine he has his ups and downs at the line like everyone else. Second, we are spoiled with Chauncey and Rip. Very few teams have 2 guys like those. If you are expecting 85-90%, then you are going to be dissappointed in everyone.
    :ohwell: The guy has 2 or 3 dunks in traffic that none of our other guards would even attempt. I look at that as a positive. It's a sign of being aggressive. He has connected on plenty of them as well. According to www.82games.com he has connected on 83.3% of his dunks. It just seems worse because he has missed 2 in the last few weeks. It's not like he's blowing wide open dunks.

Looks like Dumars will have to be looking for a couple free agent small forwards then :nod:. Because by your estimation none of them are producing. Now we just need to find someone who fits your expectations of 20ppg on 100% shooting in 8 minutes per game. Go for it Joe D!!! :thumb:

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I wonder what Michael Curry is up to these days... :P

11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

don't forget, the free throw line is closer to the basket in Europe than in the US.
    Same for the 3pt line. Not to talk about other things such as pressure...

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

:clock::tape::ban::rofl:

13. FreshPrince22

Seriously? I knew the three point line was, but I had no idea the FT line was. Hmm.. That's probably why most foreign born players struggle when they first come to the NBA. :ohwell:

14. Mad Hatter

FreshPrince22
    Well if that's the case we outta see Delfino move Chauncey out of the starting lineup any day now. "Big Shot Carlos." Has a nice ring to it don't it? :tape:

15. FreshPrince22

Again... way to KEEP putting words in my mouth :crazy:

16. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

While the three-point line varies, the free throw line is the same distance from the basket (4.6 m or 15 ft) and the baseline (5.8 m or 19 ft) in all leagues and levels of basketball.