Delfino wants out Again!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Jul 24, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Link isn't working, but you can see the headline on realgm.com.
  3. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I wish he would stop this crap.

I'm looking foolish defending him.

But again, this could be a calculated way of saying that he wants to play this season, or he is going to do whatever he can to leave.

This is what we basically concluded last week (or whenever), and unless he is really scared of Ron Dupree, I can't see him changing his mind that quickly.

Let's all try not to blow this out of proportion until we get a real translation, and have more than a three paragraph article.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

I'd curse, but who wants to hear it? Delfino hates the Pistons.

I mean, for real. Do we really need to listen to this guy cry anymore? He can't shoot. He is a poor (getting better) defender, and he is a freaking crybaby. Trade him, Joe.

:frusty: OR else, I am going to break my head on this desk.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

That's it... three strikes... dump him
    No more lame excuses or translations needed
  7. Superstarov

Keep him, play him, and trade him when he's worth something.
  8. roscoe36

Rough Google translation

Delfino wants to leave Detroit and they do not leave it

SEA OF the SILVER (Of a special envoy). - “I am wanted to go of Detroit, but they do not want; they do not leave me. I have a year more of contract and another one with option in favor of them”, counted Carlos Delfino, the team of the Pistons in NBA, soon after arriving at Sea of the Silver and concentrating themselves with the selected one.

“I had a very interesting supply of Washington and others of the Lakers and Denver, but Detroit does not want to me to render within NBA. If they let to me go, is to Europe. The one of Barcelona is certain: he wants to take to me, but I have more desire to return to play in Italy, of where also they called to me”, she added the santafecino, with certain resignation.

“I believe that after the World-wide anything one is going away to define. There is time still, but I feel like prisoner, if I am not going to have minutes, I do not want to follow in Detroit; they know it”, finalized.
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

I just ran it through Babel fish for the quick internet translation.:confused:

Anyway, seems like he wants to leave, Pistons won't let him go to Washington, Denver, or LA, so he is trying to work a deal with Italy because he doesn't want to play for Barcelona... :blah:

If Delfino leaves it's going to break some hearts around here.:pout:
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Delfino does a lot of yapping off the court but he still plays hard during the games. I don't see a need to dump him (although I suspect that might happen) because his on court performance doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

There were such high expectations for the bench when Flip was brought in if you look back to preseason last year.

"During his 10 years in Minnesota, Saunders was adept at carving out valuable roles for players who, like Billups, had been overlooked elsewhere. That augurs well for Pistons reserves such as Carlos Arroyo, Carlos Delfino and Darko Milicic, all of whom had trouble earning minutes in Brown's seven-man rotation"

4 Detroit Pistons: Life after Larry Brown won't be bad, especially for an underused bench.(NBA Preview/Scouting Reports/Eastern Conference: Central)(Ranking). Ian Thomsen and David Sabino.
    Sports Illustrated 103.16 (Oct 24, 2005): p96.

I still hold out hope for Carlos...I think he has such a strong desire to play he just might get over the hump this year.
  11. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i'll translate.

i don't believe your lies anymore. you're not going to play me so trade me. detroit is holding me hostage because they don't want another nice young prospect going to another team and thriving. the pattern is embarassing for joe D and the pistons so they want to stash me over in europe so they can write off my abilities cause i'm doing it in europe.

i'm with delfino. the guy got a raw deal in detroit. i hope he stays because he's one of my favorite players and he can really help us. detroit needs to stop treating thier youth like this. we need to start a who's next thread?? acker, maxiell, johnson.
  12. Superstarov

I succeed Carlos for him to play. Game playing will nurture as he do maturing.

Detroit he no play coaching. Europe coaching play during blossom.

In NBA he play frustrated sometime. He pass shooting to others NBA style.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The thing is he doesn't want to be here... there's a high probability that he will not re-sign... wouldn't it make more sense to play someone that has a better chance to stick around (Amir)?
    If he's willing to go to the Wizz or the Lakers then the Preseason should be used to showcase his talents.
  14. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

The point that som of you guys are missing... you really want Ronald freaking Dupree as our only backup SF? Give me a break. How can we even afford to move him for a future pick or just dump him all together when he's our only half decent option? We can't.
  15. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

C'mon, he is just trying to get the coaches to play him.

Then we can find out whether or not we want to keep him. If he works out, he will have a leg up here; if he does not, he can be traded and more than likely not hurt us in the future.

He just wants a 'make it or break it' trial.
  16. roscoe36

You're pretty good at Spanish bballjay!
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

And he used his second capital letter in one day.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Maybe we can trade him to the Lakers where he can compete with Mo :^)

TP22, so far Dupree has shown more consistency than Carlos in less minutes... talk is cheap.

If the NBA is ok for him then why not wait to see if he received enough PT here before spouting off to the press again?

Is there something more on a personal level?
  19. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

:ohwell: Yea, he's consistantly bad. That's about it. He couldn't even get any minutes on one of the worst teams in the league.
  20. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

I said a little back that during the draft Day that Mo Evans or Delfino could have gone to the Lakers, but Joe D. wants Del and they want to convince him that he will get his minutes in training camp.

Del is not buying it and he wants out, Joe is right to keep him, and Del is right in wanting out because the Flip Murray signing is pointing to the same thing he will have to go through as last seasons. I think Delfino and Flip is better than Delfino and Evans that they had last year. Make no mistake about it id Del comes into camp pouting Joe will find suitors.

Can't we all just be Happy:)