1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

DeMarcus Cousins Asks To Be Traded: Sacramento Will Oblige

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jan 2, 2012.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Okay, here it is for all of you Cousins lovers. Sacaramento has apparently told Demarcus Cousins to stay at home and don't come anywhere near the team. He has "Torn his Drawers" with the team.

With these new developments, he will undoubtedly be shopped around. The Boy is a head case, has mad skills but we need to stay far, far away from him unless we come in as a third team for any potential trade and being the recipeint of any other big man not named Cousins.

In a perfect world, Cousins would be exactly what we need, however, right now the chemistry is not right and we don't have many strong Type A's on this team and not enough outspoken veterans who will lay him on his ass.

Nemo likes this.
  2. Brap

Brap Starter

At best, Cousins might land on a team with such strong veteran superstar leadership that he'll behave for the rest of this season. But there is nobody -- noone -- anywhere who this guy will allow to "punk" him. He'll be a franchise killer within another year or so. People like him don't change. It isn't like NBA teams are composed of Sigmund Freud's.

The Pistons need to stay far away.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps Rodney Stuckey could mentor Cousins the way he is teaching Brandon Knight everything he knows.

S.J. likes this.
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'd give up Knight + extras for Cousins but not our 1st pick 2012 or Monroe.

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

That just means the rebellion against the coach would be more organized.

S.J. likes this.
  6. Nemo

7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Giving up Knight might be the only way this would work. I would trade Knight for Cousins.

8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I am all for trading Knight for the right talent.... Cousins the more I think about it.. the less I want him on this team.

9. Nemo

If we trade for Cousins, do it only because our players get thirsty during the games.......and practice.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

11. Nemo

It would be a way to bring in Laimbeer as head coach..............he could handle him.......Isiah would show up for free to have his back...........I also can see Mahorn being there for support.

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

While I want the kid, I know that getting him is doubtful. 1-because I don't think they will actually trade him and 2-Dumards seems incapapble of actually executing anything at this point in his career. But if they did trade him I think it would be great opportunity to jump in as a 3rd team and get rid of Max (I secretly wish for CA to leave too, but I know Joe won't do it) while acquiring Speights out of Philly.

armygirl likes this.
  13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

We don't have anyone that the Kings would want. Monroe and Knight would be off limits and those are the teams only assets that would interest the Kings. They would only want young cheap talent in return.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Or a lottery pick.

15. Brap

Brap Starter

Trading Knight? Seriously? He's the most untouchable player on our roster. Unless a team wants to trade a young established superstar for him - which is never going to happen - Knight is THE guy we're building around.

Monroe is second on that list.

JJ and Stuckey are next on that list.

S.J. likes this.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Umm, how is it that Knight is the 1st on that list? I like the kid, but so far the only thing he's done is chuck 3 pointers. He still has a lot to prove. I'd trade him way before I trade Monroe. I'd even rather keep JJ than Knight at this point. Knight needs to show that he's more valueable before we choose him over a proven player. We've done the trade-away-the-reliably-good-player-for-the-promising-potential-of-a-rookie a few years back and it didn't work out all that well.

armygirl likes this.
  17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I don't see that happening. Sacto will need another big to replace Cousins. The team trading for Cousins will obviously be trying to fill a void or upgrade at the 4 or 5 spots. It would be a big man exchange supported by draft picks. I don't know how we can be a third wheel to that party when all we have to offer is mediocre tweeners or bad bigs.

The one trade that makes the most sense is Dallas trading for Cousins as they need a nasty big in the worst way and they can trade away their draft picks for the next two-three years as they're due for a long lull in the post-Nowitzki era.

18. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I like Knight but he was the 8th pick in a draft likely to not contain a single all-star. I'd gamble on Cousins with him without hesitatation. A Monroe-Cousins frontcourt - wow!

armygirl and linwood like this.
  19. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The two very serious off-limits would be Monroe and JJ. "Yes JJ".... This guy is gonna mature and become a big time player because he plays with a lot of heart, he is constantly trying to get better and it shows everytime he is on the court. Of course you always hear about the players who are first on the court and the last to leave the court, however, often times it doesn't transfer over into games. I like JJ because he practices what he preaches, has that continuous motor and just quietly goes about handling his business.

Since it take point guards a couple of years to actually mature into an NBA PG, I would be willing to give BK a reprieve right now. Like someone said, he jacks up a lot of threes, his court vision is pretty good but often looks tentative with driving to the basket. I think this is more due to getting used to the speed of the NBA.

As far as Cousins, It would be a hard sell for me to actually fix my mouth to say I would love to have him in the D. He is a beast and potential that is off the charts. I need help.......... KGreg, I know you probably can get me to reconsider, we go back a ways on the Cousins/Monroe debate remember that. The summer of my discontent lol.

20. max

max All-Star

No one should be off-limits on a team like ours. I would trade anyone if it made us better. I wonder who is on Dumars untouchables like, if there is one. Stuckey, Prince..