Dennis Rodman excerpts fom new book

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Oct 26, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Complete Article

2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Read an interview with Dennis regarding the book I should be dead by Now

How often have you come close to dying?"

"At least 50 times," said Rodman, who claims to have never taken drugs. "I've jumped off a building, jumped off a cliff in a car. I've been in bedrooms when women came in with knives and guns."

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

4. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

like a divorce

I am not divorced but i worked in a bar for 3 years and met plenty a man who either sent the chick packin or vice versa but almost everyone of them had great things to say about the kids the analogy i am going to make is the pistons and dennis got divorced but the fans are the kids and shouldnt they at least do something for the fans. imo every starter from the bad boys deserves a little something at the palace. yes the banner is there thats great but its not enough. Yes rodman was a nut but what about salley what about buddah they deserve something dont they? it was not all joe bill and zeke or vj. dennis was as close to ben as you can get the heart of the d and i can guaransheed #3 will be up in the rafters someday. I would just like to see them do something for all of them.

5. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Knowing Rodman is an emotional type of guy, who can blame him for the things he had done after Chuck Daly was shown the door? No doubt that the 'Bad Boys' were getting 'old' that time but if Chuck was still the coach, I think we would have have a better team or better winning percentage with players like Hunter, Houston and Hill that time. What has that Ronny guy has done so far in the NBA? Look at his resume, for god's sake. He was just a radio or tv analyst at that time. I would even rate George Blaha a better coach than him, LOL.

Back to Rodman, he was truly a great defender. I can even remember him defending Shaq back then and clearly made Shaq frustrated all night. Imagine a power forward with the height of 6'9'' guarding all those great centers at that time, players like Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwan, Robinson to name a few at that time. And did he defended well. He deserved to be treated better. If the organization is professional enough, they should acknowledged him for the way he played the game. Bulls would not have 3peat the second time round if they did not have Rodman playing for them. MJ and Pippen hated him during the 'Bad Boys' era but being a professional as they were, they accepted him into the team coz they know the bottom line is the Bling. And that's what is all about.

6. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

The Worm

Even Rodman's superlative play and basketball spirit don't excuse his frenetic traducing of the human species in the guise of his laughable persona. Someone find some valium for this guy. Oh, I just did, although it's the generic version--:brick:

7. Darth Tater

Caliban, are you Howard Cossell incognito? :laugh:

8. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Nah, just a guy who likes to monkey around a bit. :eyebrows:

9. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

I now live in Kansas City, and took a tour of Royals Stadium the other day. They told us they were going back to their logo from 20 years ago because so many fans had sent letters requesting it. I say in an act that puts PF on the map we get a petition started.

10. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

I'm pretty sure Rodman's actually about 6'7", which makes his defense against the bigger guys even more amazing. It's not like he weighed a whole lot either. The one thing Rodman had more of than anyone I have ever seen in the NBA is energy. He would spend hours on the exercise bike after games.

He was a truly great player.

11. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

TOTALLY AGREED with that. :thumb:

12. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Rodman

What a nut, but one of the greatest offensive rebounders (especially given his size) and defenders in the history of basketball.

I enjoyed watching him a lot more earlier in his career with the Pistons before he went off the deep end.

13. Basketfish

Basketfish Second Round Draft Pick

Deep end or shallow end he was a great player for all the reasons listed above.:whoo:

14. G-man

G-man Starter

all things dennis the menace

i thought i'd fish a bit in the archives for some prior forum thoughts & opinions on coach daly's favorite problem child.

Calibans take on the worm was a funny enough reason to resurrect this little thread ... :)

15. Darth Tater