Denver Trade Nixed....Fallout..They Have To Be Traded/Team will be built around Stuck

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jun 22, 2008.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: Denver Trade Nixed....Fallout..They Have To Be Traded/Team will be built around S

If Sheed is here and plays on the block and demands a double, what could that do for Melo? [Qoute D59]
    ...Are you dreaming out loud ?
    -
    Max, Melo needs coddling, F' Melo.
  2. max

max All-Star

Re: Denver Trade Nixed....Fallout..They Have To Be Traded/Team will be built around S

Thats thinking big. There could be a lot of possibilities with this, plus we still have Rip. If Stucky and Amir come around then a trade like this would touch off a new era in Pistons basketball. The recent run fell a little short.

Throw in Dyess or something. If they are talking then something can get done.
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hope some team officials / other players are staying close to Stuckey while all this is going on. He's got to be on quite an emotional roller coaster right now.
  4. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

Why? Stuckey knows he isn't getting traded. His best friend (or whatever) on the team was Hunter and he isn't going anywhere either. He also knows he's going to have a bigger role next season. Seems like Stuck has nothing at all to worry about other than getting better to take advantage of his opportunities.
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

With all of this trade talk, I am really looking forward to the summer league.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I'm OK with a CB and Amir for Melo trade...
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How bout CB, Tay and Amir or CB, Tay and Max? Would you go that far? I think I would.......
  8. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Melo's agent says the Nuggets have promised not to trade him, according to ESPN.
  9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

That`s a bit of a stretch for me. How about Tay, CB and Samb?
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think the "rumored" deal is BS, and there won't be any fallout; our players are not the CHI bulls; and everyone knows they are on the table
  11. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA

And this article indicates again that Pistons contacted Nuggets. Would anyone here believe that?
  12. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd believe that about as much as I believe you still use ICQ!!
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I really don't understand how anyone can think this would have been a better trade for us than for Denver. Have you all gone mad?

Why does Denver want to get rid of him?

Epic battles between Melo and Lebron? That makes me ill.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Well, they got to do something. Melo is plan B for me if they can't get Dan Gadzuric from Illwaukee.
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Watching the Pistons lose in the ECF the last three years made ME ill.

If that makes me MAD, so be it. I'm fine watching the epic battle between Lebron and Melo if we come out on top for a change.

Apparently, Denver does NOT want to get rid of him.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

We wouldn't.
  17. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

I don't like Melo for his off the court issues and prima donna attitude.

But we all gave Sheed that chance.

And I have a funny feeling he will fit well here.

Stuck, Rip, Melo, Sheed, Camby.

Nice...

off the bench would be Afflalo, Amir, Dyess #59, other veterans.

I wish this deal would get done, or something like this...not really TMac but something of this nature. The lineup should get rearranged and reshuffled.

:MusicBigGrin:
  18. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Don't believe the hype lpgrl. Things wasn't as chummy and family like as we were led to believe. The pistons players are still human. If you or I were told by our boss that we would be replaced, then circumstances change and we retain our job, I know that I would always have that little voice in the back of my mind called "trust issues". I think sometimes we hold superstars and athletes to different expectations. Don't.

You can never predict human response to a situation really, especially when we are challenged. We just have to wait and see.

My sources tells me by way of Chris Webber that there was a great deal/too much cockiness in the clubhouse and it wasn't coming from the youngsters.
  19. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

A pity for both Webber and Dice. Aging veterans who battled injuries, clutching at straws to win the big one before the lights go out on their careers.

A damn shame.
  20. raxrets

raxrets Starter

when somebody of starting4 gets traded, that guy should acknowledge to himself that it was punishment for cockiness.