Denver Trade Nixed....Fallout..They Have To Be Traded/Team will be built around Stuck

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jun 22, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Re: Denver Trade Nixed....Fallout..They Have To Be Traded/Team will be built around S

There are so many lobsided trades in the NBA and we have plenty of time on our side... and Joe is supposed to be one of the best in the business. We need one of those Memphis/LA trades that makes people think the other GM must be colluding with Joe because it is just that favorable for us.

Sorry to call you mad Darth. I would actually like to see Anthony here too, but just not at the expense of 50% of our core. Chauncey and Tay are good and most importantly, they are two. We need to trade ONE starter + other complimentary goods for a "star." It defeats the purpose if we abandon our model and create a team with 2-3 scorers and 2-3 guys who will maybe play defense.

Or maybe we just make Stuckey or Amir into a star and keep them ourselves. We've all heard that Amir could have been a lottery pick if he would have played college ball. So, let's pretend that he is one and see what he can do.

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Re: Denver Trade Nixed....Fallout..They Have To Be Traded/Team will be built around S

I agree with this, but at the same time i sometimes liken the Piston players to 5 year olds, in the sense that they do something bad and wait for you to punish them for it or enforce some type of rule. In the same way, i think if the players know they f'ed up, and if a trade doesn't get done, i don't really see them holding it against mgmt b/c essentially they w/ help from their stupid coach brought it on themselves and they know it. But your right, we just have to wait and see.

Chris "just let me play my game" Webber shouldn't really talk.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

WoW G, I didn't think what happened to the Bulls could happen to us. The Bulls completely laid down because they felt they were unwanted. Ha Ha snicker snicker.
    Cost them their coach. Ha Ha snicker snicker. They went from being a second round entrant to below .500 and out of the playoffs. Ha Ha snicker snicker.

Sure hope that doesn't happen to us !!!

Let's steal L. Deng from them. He's a lot like Amir should be.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Melo has been playing next to a hall of famer and DPOY and he can't go deep in the playoffs? What's the problem there?

Why do we have 5 players with better Roland ratings than him?

5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Answer to both questions:

Because the game isn't played on paper.

6. max

max All-Star

Good points on the hard feelings.

On the Bulls. Last year also coincided with some big contract extensions so that could have had something to do with it.

I would imagine players are used to these kinds of things and probably would shake it off if nothing gets done.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Melo would be fine on our team, but then Sheed has to go. Can't have two star clowns under the same big top. Just too disruptive. It'll never work.

8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

If thats the case then how come so many of them can fit in those little cars?

:eyebrows:

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

But he's worse than 5 of our players in the composite stat that I provided and doesn't advance as far in the post season. That is actually an argument that the game is played on paper (although I am aware that it is played on wood).

10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

That being said, the game being played on wood is essentially the game being played on paper in an unrefined form.:stirthepot:

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

To be technically accurate, there is also a layer of cotton and rubber between the players and the wood as well.

I'm not sure how this reconciles with those who claim that the game is played between the ears.

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

In Boston, they now have that layer of Gatoraid............:stirthepot:

13. linwood

linwood All-Star

And if your Carmella Anthony, it's not played in the second round of the playoffs.

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think we should throw everything we have at Tracy McGrady. I am so sick of seeing Tay look like an Allstar in the first two rounds of the playoffs, only to fade in the ECF. If we had TMac, we wouldn't have to worry about that...

15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Wait a minute. No Carmelo, because he can't get into the second round, but yes to Mr. First-Round Knockout himself....

Personally, I don't have a problem with Joe going after either of those guys.

Three McGrady/Melo types are getting fitted for rings right now.

Chauncey and Tay for Melo, Rip and Dyess for McGrady.

Now our "big three" becomes Rasheed, T-Mac, and Melo.

Stuckey plays the part of Rondo.

Amir Johnson plays the part of Kendrick Perkins.

Heck, we might even be able to get the real James Posey.

Now I'm stoked!

16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

you're right...he's never made it out of the 1st round!! :pound:

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Knowing Linwood he was well aware of that and was being sarcastic. That's why I am guessing he said we wouldn't need to worry about the late round chokes (since he won't be there anyhow).

18. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm wondering at this point if any deal will be made.

Joe D said he wants to get one done by draft night....

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

If Joe trades for T-mac I'm gonna become a Bobcats fan

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

They make those in North America? ;)

[​IMG]