Denver Trade Nixed....Fallout..They Have To Be Traded/Team will be built around Stuck

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Re: Denver Trade Nixed....Fallout..They Have To Be Traded/Team will be built around S

I'd be happy with what's behind door #3. I'd be happy with what's in the box.
  2. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Re: Denver Trade Nixed....Fallout..They Have To Be Traded/Team will be built around S

[​IMG]
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

My John Deere would crush that cheap knock-off :D

I'm really liking this old cat

[​IMG]
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA

I think we already knew that if Joe doesn't get the "right" deal, there will be no deal at all.
  5. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho First Round Draft Pick

Exactly!

I feal fairly sure there will be some sort of move, even (and mostly likely) if it isn't something we see coming.
  6. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

If we get T-Mac, we will break his curse. :winner_first_h4h:
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That would be pretty cool, because the run started with coming back down 3-1 in 2003 against TMac.
  8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Is zat Rufus Henry under that Bobcat mask?
    ...I betcha that costume reeeeeeeeks of MD-20/20!

Trade Hooper for RUFUS!
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I probably wanted to see Mello come here more than most people on the forum. I was really disappointed to hear there was no chance of the trade happening.

But now I'm hearing people say it "Isn't totally dead". Is that speculation or is there a news source?

I don't want to get into speculation over whether or not it helps us. We've already done that.

I just want to know where the source of this info is. I'm hoping it's true...Please post a link if you know of one. Thanks.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I actually thought McCosky's review of those negotiations was pretty believable.

1) The Nuggets contacted Joe to try to get Billups and they asked Joe who he wanted in return.
    2) Joe said Anthony.
    3) As the conversation progressed, Joe threw Tay out there too, because Anthony would be our 3, and Tay won't be coming off the bench.
    4) The Nuggets didn't really want to trade Melo and put AI and Camby's names on the table.
    5) Joe ended the negotiations b/c of their unwillingness to offer their best player.

This doesn't mean that Joe was ready to trade CB and TP for Melo. He may have been looking to get something else too, but the talks never got that far b/c Denver nixed the Melo component early on.
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'm not sure it would matter much either way, in terms of the chances of the deal getting done. I'm pretty I remember the KG-to-Boston deal being declared "dead" at some point last summer, only to come back later.
  12. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho First Round Draft Pick

Exactly. Plus, despite Melo's attorney publicly saying otherwise, I think Denver knows they need to move Melo as the relationship b/w him and the team is gettin kinda ugly. That is why Denver hasn't come out publicy and send anything or at least "leaked" that they have no interest in trading him.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I too think that Joe D is moving CB out of total respect for CB. I think the deal will probably get done once the smoke clears and all the postering is over. My only hope is that we won't have to part with AJ, Affalo, or JMAX. [quote G ]
    -
    Postering over. Denver called JD.