Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Jul 18, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sheed fits so well in the "equal share" system because he doesn't have to be "the man".

Let's hope that Nazr and Davis can pull their weight at the 5 spot so he doesn't have to produce a career year for the Pistons to be successful. It's not his strength.
  2. max

max All-Star

Yes if someone else steps up, I don't know if we can rely on that. Sheed is our best bet. All I am asking is for some of the production that he gave earlier in his career. His number sunk like a rock with the Pistons. He has not slowed down and is still capable.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

After a season when Tay took a step back, I think he can be highly productive this year.

The Wolves had a great 1 ~ 4 with Cassell, Sprewell, Sczerbiak and Garnett.

I guess you could say that Sheed could use some help from his left and right hand sides (center and small forward).

I just don't like all of the pressure being on Sheed. He absolutely wilted under that in Portland. He's the ultimate complimentary player. If he has 3 or 4 other players complimenting him, he can thrive without the added responsibility.

I guess what I am saying is that Sheed is super valuable in his existing role. A good locker room guy, the main attraction at press scrums, and the one launching daggers and ragging on opponents. 20 + 8 seasons are probably out of reach at this point.
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hopefully it won't come down to Samb having to pull his own weight, otherwise we might be in big trouble.

Little known fact about Samb. He had to have an opperation about a year ago to have his "inny" belly button turned into an "outty" because it was putting too much pressure on his spine.

Legal Note: The above "Fact" was verified Dan Brown, best selling author of the Da Vinci Code, for accuracy.
  5. max

max All-Star

I thought Sheed did pretty well in Portland. Kind of a 18/9 type of guy. I know they had problems but they were a pretty good team and would have won a title if not for Shaq. They could never get past the Lakers.

Sheed should not be under pressure but he has to come strong. He is our only real inside defensive presence now.
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Perhaps, offensive too............
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If Sheed can come out and play like that in the season and in the playoffs we're right there contending for the championship.
  8. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I don't expect see 18 and 9 from Sheed in the playoffs (the real season), but I agree that with that kind of production a title might be in reach. He would have to spend a lot more time in the paint.