Deron Washington

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by NTC, Jul 20, 2009.

1. NTC

NTC First Round Draft Pick

What do you guys think the go is here? All recent moves sort of indicate that maybe we won't see the blockbuster trade we've been expecting, although the signing of Deron Washington was quite unexpected, and in the scheme of things, a bit odd.

So what do you think, will he be playing for us next season? Or will we see that trade before the end of the off season?

2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I don't believe he's been signed yet contrary to what was published a while ago. My understanding that he's going to be invited to the training camp and they will go from there. He may be a substitute for what Afflalo brought with less offense.

3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

We are talking separate continents.

Washington might be the silent partner of JD's dreams. He has them and usually sticks with past dream states (think Tay and Stuckey). To be honest, I have them myself. They are minus Tay and Stuckey only because of time association; but my founding dramas are no less real.

This continent thing: think Australia.

The Aboriginal images are all about internal images and the relationship of landscape, totem and symbolism.

History is a living extension of culture by views of nature.

Placement is the powerful image of feeling isolation and the substitution of seeking some coherence through the birthing rules of complexity.

With the power of dreaming you have no wilderness, or at least no fear of it.

In short, my dreaming is of Washington.

...most of the choir and furniture of heaven and earth are regarded by the Aborigines as a vast sign system. Anyone who, understandingly, has moved in the Australian bush with Aboriginal associates becomes aware of the fact. He moves, not in a landscape, but in a humanized realm saturated with significations. Here 'something happened'; there 'somethings portends.'

Stanner, W.E,G, 1963. On Aboriginal religion. Sydney: Oceania Monographs.

4. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep. That's right.