Detroit At LA Lakers - March 4 2006

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by max, Oct 18, 2005.

1. max

max All-Star

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Cool! It's a Saturday!

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]

BEAT L.A., BEAT L.A.
    (brings back memories of the Silverdome...)

4. roscoe36

Chat's open

Everyone's welcome, if you are new, you'll need the latest version of the Flash Player (*link*) and read this thread real quick. The room probably won't fill up until tipoff. Hope to see you there.

See you cats around 10:30!

5. max

max All-Star

Enjoy this Darko free thread and please feel free to post your comments about the game and enjoy the live Game Chat.

16-11 Home record for LA vs the Pistons 22-8 Road record. One of the few times in this league where the road team has the advantage.

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

enjoy this:...Darkooooo Suxxxxxx!:eyebrows:

7. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Same thing as happened with Seattle. No defense, no rebounding, too many threes in the fourth (especially 'Sheed). Flip needs to say something to these guys. This is not the way you win on the road.

By the way, our bench is totally useless.

8. roscoe36

Mailed in another game. Flip makes no adjustments whatsoever. A blind monkey could coach this team and probably win homecourt in the east.

I don't care what Blaha says, the Pistons are not the best team in the NBA. In their last dozen games, they've been very, very average.

CRAP!

Tayshaun somehow manages to get through another game without picking up a foul. Pistons beaten on the boards by 14.

CRAP!

9. max

max All-Star

Micro - this isn't detnews.com

Stuff happends. Tired after a back to back. My main complaint besides the rebounding is all those 3's from Roscoe. Kind of killed our offense in the 4th.

Its just too hard playing an Athletic team like the Lakers after that close one in Seattle last night.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

only third game this yr, that i've been p'od! they were at Utah, Denver and tonight. So I'm kinda excited for rest of season, cuz West Coast is over, including NBAfinals. Now that i have calmed down...lets do this!!!!!

11. roscoe36

I wanna say something smart like, "it isn't???", but I dig your sense of humour max. Sometimes you are funny even if you aren't trying to be. Thanks, I needed to smile.

It wouldn't be so hard if Flip would make adjustments and manage his roster better. I couldn't watch last night's game, but if these guys are tired, they should have managed their roster better.

We got beat by the LA B-team, Kobe was resting when they made their run. Been supporting and defending Flip, but this is ridiculous. You gotta see that our standard of play has dropped off tremendously from 2 months ago. At this rate, we'll be wheezing and backing our way into the playoffs.

I am NOT impressed with what I am seeing.

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

48-11... i looked at schedule and "if we want to" we can go 22 and 1, that one being at Miami. I am serious check it out!!!!! So I'll say 18 and 5 for a 66-16 record. And if win the NBA title in 6 games , like we should, who cares WHERE Game 7 is.

13. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Flip really needs to lay the law down with these guys.

14. max

max All-Star

Truthfully, I am just waiting for the post-season. Got my playoff tickets last week and I am sure the team will be ready ( injuries aside ). Nothing more to this season than keeping homecourt and hoping no one gets injured.

Every team hits a wall at some point during the season. Get it over with now and be ready for April. Phil Jackson did say that the Lakers played one of their best games of the season.

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

To steal a line from "Aliens" we just got our %%%%%es kick on this west coast trip. Yeah we got a nice set play from CB & Rip to get the W last night, but we are a long way from being the dominant team of December and January. Legs were fresh and threes fell then. Other teams have figured out our deficencies and are penetrating our D with ease.

We need to know how to adjust with an inside game and not continue to think that a 3 is going to bail us out or turn it on when needed. We will win our 60+ games, but heck we may have already peeked!! Remember last years' Suns? :ohwell:

We need a team meeting with Joe. Flip does not have control of this team or he wouldn't allow them to throw up 24+ three's a game. I still don't trust this bench and apparently neither does Flip. We can only second guess Joe for not pulling the trigger on the Al Harrington for Darko trade offered at the beginning of the year.:doh:. We need an Okur & Corliss type player. Somebody other than Ben who is not affraid to play inside and can hit FT's.....

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

you can't win without energy and defense and we have had no defense for many games lately. To give up that many points to a weak laker squad tells the story. The threes did not help but if we played defense, we would have won. The main issue is possibly giving up the home court to SA. The bright spot is Delk. He may be instant offense off of the bench. Chauncey said the he was "very disappointed" by the loss on Fox sport West and that the team gave the game away. Tay said the schedule caught up with the team.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

After Chauncey hit the 3-pointer to end the 1st half, I noticed that Elden Campbell was sitting in the first row behind the Piston bench. Interesting, it's like he is still a part of the team... unless those are his season ticket seats.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah I pointed him out in the chat room too. I have never seen him sitting there before. Maybe Kato's going to be waived and Joe will sign Elderly for for some post season minutes. Needs to do it now to get him in shape. Hopefully he flies back on the plane with them and starts to work out Monday.....:fingerscr

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's exactly what I'm hoping. Elden is the best Shaq buffer out there.

20. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

come on, stop these damn excuses. If we loose, it's always that they were tired and so on. Can't hear it anymore. Other teams manage it in a way no player gets overplayed, play the bench more so that no starter can complain he's tired.
    Hate that loss against these damn Lakers more than I hate every other loss. No effort, Sheed jacking up 12 3's without even being on fire.
    33% is not that good that you can shoot it damn 12 times!
    Seems like this stupid 5+1 philosophy doesn't make sense since their is no competition coming from the bench players and the statrtging 5+1 know they get they're minutes no matter how much effort they give.