Detroit At Milwaukee - April 17 8PM

Discussion in 'April 2006 Games' started by max, Feb 26, 2006.

1. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

dmc was a #2 and everyone thought he was a bust because he wasn't playing. everyone was comparing him to the rest of the people in his rookie class and that's a lot of pressure. if dmc messed up he got yelled at and yanked that's a lot of pressure. by the time darko got extended minutes he had sat for 2 years.
    he is however scared to pass the ball. you don't have to teach darko how to pass. he started rebounding yesterday. i won't act like he's beind doing that all year. he jacks up shots when called on. he attempts to defend but in the end is just undersized.
    i'm not hateful. i think other people can't wait to find any little thing to throw venom at darko. when darko is playing well now in orlando nobody wants to talk about it. when our rooks have good games it's the perfect time to talk about darko. that's not cool so that's why i make sure i respond.
    karma. how much sympathy did lb have for delfino???
    i think darko would have been a much happier player if he was sent to the nbdl his first season. darko was 17 when he was drafted so of course he would respond differently than jmax and acker. yes we have a new attitude where the players toughness and attitude is accepted and groomed. under lb this was not the case. different players respond to different types of coaching.

darko's a primadonna?? i wish ben had the same attitude as our young kids.
  2. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

If Darko had been sent to the NBDL, he probably would have tried to catch a flight out of the country. I seem to recall hearing that he wouldn't accept such a demotion, but I have no evidence of that.

As for Maxiell getting blocked by Darko ... well, I suppose it's possible if Maxiell ever tried a shot with an upward trajectory. But Darko would get crushed if he let Maxiell get close enough to dunk, BBJ. Just like he did against middling post players such as Melvin Ely and Mike Sweetney. He'll let guys get position thinking he can block it, and he ends up under the basket.
  3. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i remember him saying that too but that was also after 2 years of playing. when he was a rook he probably would have gladly accepted a chance to play basketball. it would be a demotion after 2 years of playing in the nba to get sent down to the nbdl especially if you are ready to play at the nba level.

maxiell with either get called for a lot of charges or get it blocked a lot. i saw just the other day that the guy is undersized and guys get hands on his shots especially under the basket. i do believe however that maxiell will get 1 power dunk on darko but that is the life of a shot blocker ask zo. i just mentioned this because everyone is so in love with maxiell's offensive game but darko would shut him down.
  4. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

I dont even care that we lost, I am happy that the young kids got some major playing experience. Amir did awesome, and I can't wait to see him in the final game play at least 20 minutes (hopefully).

Anybody know if the game is on TV20?
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's not. I believe it is on FSN.
  6. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Wow, I hope he pulls through. I just heard about some new, cutting-edge, wonder drug that might give him a few months more... I think it's called "Tums" or something. :pray:
  7. roscoe36

As someone who had acid reflux really bad 3 years ago, I can tell you that Tums do not work. At that time, no over the counter chewable tablet, liquid anti-acid or pill was effective.

It was so bad, I couldn't eat or sleep and became very ill.
  8. V!et

V!et First Round Draft Pick

Great game, even though it did end up in the L column.

Our rookies played pretty well. The most impresive out of the group I think was Amir Johnson. I'm not entirely sure about this, but didn't he have 2 Alley Oop attemps? It doesn't really matter, but man this kid has hops. It's a good thing the NBDL kept him in shape, or this game would've stunk.
  9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

great game from the rooks!! johnson shootin 3s? maybe he can play SF as tay's backup...looks like he's ready to go right now.
  10. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Try the "Zone Diet" as espoused by Dr. Barry Sears. It'll stop it dead in its tracks without medication. :) Now, I'm off to dinner, and I'll raise a glass to all the folks on the forum. :nod:
  11. roscoe36

Roscoe is still alive, thanks to one of the greatest Naturopaths ever.

But thanks for the tip.
  12. max

max All-Star

:violin:
  13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would have loved to see the kid participating in the Slam Dunk Contest since no Piston ever won it. Sure, the contest ain't Pistons- style, but there has never been a dunker like him with these hoops on the team.
  14. max

max All-Star

Johnson won a HS slam dunk contest by dunking from the free throw line. There was some footage of it floating around last summer - wish I could find it.
  15. roscoe36

Courtesy of FreshPrince22, by way of Pistonsbball

Attached Files:

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wow. I expected one of those dunks where he steps all over the line, but that looked pretty clean. Thanks for the clip.
  17. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

This is turning into an Amir Johnson thread, but what the hey. I was pleased to see that his body has actually filled out pretty quickly. Now he looks 19 instead of 13.
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

Yeah, what the hey? Maxiell had a double double, you know! :hail:

But seriously, I love both of the Pistons rookies. :hug:
  19. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

I don't know how anybody could have a problem with the way our rooks played yesterday. They played like Pistons!

I loved BL's comment that J-Max plays HUNGRY.

We haven't had that said about any rookie/2nd/3rd year player in a LONG time. :laugh:
  20. max

max All-Star

Thanks Micro. The kid does have talent. I usually do not get excited about these prospects but its hard not to. We will see more of him tomorrow, he should play more.