Detroit at Minnesota (Preseason) October 28th

Discussion in 'Preseason 2005/6' started by mercury, Oct 2, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Lots of bench PT... but why did we lose?

Sorry .. but I'm feelin' frisky tonight.lol

Starters fault?

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Game recap

Man, I wished we could have watched this one. Maxiell and Acker got lots of burn tonight. Delfino and Arroyo got a lot of points. What lost it for us? We lost all our momentum when we played Dupree and Evans together. Bad combination. Big lack of ball handling. Other than that, the Pistons played pretty darn well in this game. And they were down and came back to lead late. In a real game, we would have put in a bit more defense right there at the end and maybe kept them from shooting that 3. Remember, just the preseason. But Minny apparently wanted to win this one, putting some of their starters back in at the end to try and win it.

We had no regular starters in to start the 2nd half. Amir Johnson never played, and for the preseason, got very little burn. The real thing starts next Wednesday.

Pistons got 20 assists, 12 of them by Arroyo. They won the rebound war 46-43 if I heard right just now. Thats the last game before they make their decision. From what I can see, Dupree is not sticking around. Unless Hunter will retire. Dupree could have been just the right defensive sub at the end of this one.

Dale Davis played and did well on the boards.

The stats: Carlos Arroyo 32 minutes, 17 P, 12 A, 6-12, Mo 31, 24, 4 boards, 2 assist. Sheed had a dozen. 11 From Delfino with 6 B. 10 boards, 9 points, and a block from Darko. Blaha says we find ourselves much much deeper than last year. Nine bounds for Davis. I'm done. Tired. Catch you all later.</B></B>

3. max

max All-Star

From NBA

Minnesota trailed, 92-91, before Griffin buried his shot from the arc with 16 seconds to play. After Detroit missed on the other end, Anthony Carter, who scored 15 points, drained a pair of free throws to cap the scoring.

We can assume the foul was intentional.

Detroit was outscored 29 -19 in the 4th quarter.

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

lee you didn't get to watch the game did you? is this all based on radio? even detroit area didn't broadcast it.

the stat line for acker and dupree both were not that impressive. acker 0-5 shooting and 3 assists, dupree 0-3 shooting and 3 rebounds

5. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Acker vs Dupree

My vote for the final roster spot goes to Acker. I think the kid's got game. With Hunter out, we need the extra ball handling more than Dupree's game.

No question Dupree had the better camp, plus he looks much more confident. He may very well end up with the Spurs as rumored. Not a bad situation for him.

If J-Max is able to pull a Cameo or two, he and Mo Evans should more than make up for what we lose in Dupree. Especially given available minutes.

6. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

I listened to it online like all pre-season 1130. I know it is pre-season, but our bench looks awesome. I think our biggest issue this year is we must play hard for 82 games. The Eastern Conference is to tough to keep getting 2 and 3rd seeds. Even when we beat the Miami;s and Pacers of the world, we are wasting to much energy on it. Lets draw washington or someone for a relaxing first round.

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Anthony Carter!!!! WOot! SOrry. He played for my College when I was going to school. Or right after.
    Thanks a million to Lee for the insight into the game. That Acker Dupree battle goes back and forth. Good to hear Arroyo had a good game. Its good that the bench got a lot of minutes but what was the decision on the starters. Don't they need floor time too.

8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

missing only one game isn't going to wreck their conditioning. chauncey and rip need to rest so they can chase AI around on opening night.

9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Box score

One thing we need to watch is the foul situation... this is the 2nd st8 game that we've given up 20 or more FT's than we've taken... too anxiuos or getting caught out of position?

10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Listen?

If you listened to it all preseason, wouldn't it be better to say our bench "sounds" awesome?:confused:

11. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

GREAT!!! I'm happy for him. Didn't get to follow the game ( took my wife and some friends out for dinner and dancing), but I kept telling you guys Arroyo will prove the doubsters wrong. Way to go, CA!!!!!:thumb: Now, where is Max????

12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

My take

Our starters played 98 to there 124, thats including Arroyo, and Dale. why was Chauncey, and Ben out anyway? even though Dale started Darko played more than him with 38 minutes. yet again I don't even care that we lost because its the preseason.
    From what i've seen this preseason our bench has a lot to give us:
    -Carlos Arroyo: Very great passer(12 assists against Minnesota), and he will make his opponent gaurd him because he can score good, and he can't expect him to only pass. Also a good ballhandler.
    -Maurice Evans: Even though he's small for his position he has the ability to block shots, and rebound very well because of his athletic ability. He can gaurd people well on the perimeter, and he can take the opponent to the hole. most of all though he can be the perimeter shooter we need of the bench he can hit that mid-range, and that 3 very well(17 points in the 2nd quarter).
    -Carlos Delfino: Good ballhandler, and a very good slasher, another thing this team needs, he can hit that open shot drive to the basket as well. he needs to do a better job of sticking with his man, but he can rebound well and steal the ball too.
    -Darko Milicic: Very good interior defender he blocks shots very well, and gets rebounds. Good shooter for a big man, and he has the ability to go in the post and create damage. Good free-throw shooting for a center, and he's a very good paser for a big man.
    -Jason Maxiell: He was a good shotblocker in college, and he in time he might become one in the nba. He can take it to the to the hole very well,a nd he has shown he can hit his jumpers even down the stretch of close games.
    -lindsey Hunter: he'll dog the other opponents gaurds and create a lot of turnovers.
    -Ronald Dupree: Gives us a lot of hustle, and he can jump very well and get boards and finish close to the hole. He's improved his jumper a lot.
    -dice: we know he'll do good in the regular season and playoffs. He can get boards hit the outside jumper and hit that turnaround about 50% of the time.Plus he has a lot of experience in big time siuations. 6th man of the year.
    -amir johnson: have not seen much of him. Has a lot of athletic ability, and people say he's very good so in time he ,ight help this team.
    -dale davis: He'll give us leadership and some interior defense plus he can still score.
    -Alex Acker: if he makes the team he'll give us a good jumper, good asists, and some defense. He just needs to learn to not waste time by holding the ball too long. I hope we can send him to europe, an them get him back.

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

LOL...
    Maybe He's got a pic of the bench taped to his monitor?
    That Argentinian Fella does look fairly daper in Red, White & Blue.:P

14. max

max All-Star

Yes

Arroyo had very impressive numbers. If he plays like that every game the Pistons would win over 60 games. I will gladly take more Piston wins instead being right any day.

15. puertoricanballer

I,m not expecting Arroyo to put this numbers in a daily basis, though it would be nice. Still, he'll be way better than last season. It's all good, my man. We are rooting for the same team.:cool: :cool:

16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Thats because

Thats because Sloan (Jerry), and lB aren't on his back anymore.

17. puertoricanballer

:amen:
    :amen:

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yes we are. I mentioned recently that even if Carlos gets traded, I want you to stick around. :D