Detroit At NewJersey - Nov 30 2005 7:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by max, Nov 30, 2005.

1. max

max All-Star

Detroit At NewJersey - 7:30PM

TV: FSN
    Radio: WDFN

Notes: 1st meeting of the season for the 2 teams. Detroit had the advantage last season 2-1 in the 3 games played.

Records:
    Nets 7-7 ( 4-2 at home ) won last 2 games
    Pistons 10-2 ( 6-1 on Road ) Won last game

Starters:
    Nets - Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson, Jason Collins, Nenad Krstic
    Pistons - Billups, Rip, Prince, R.Wallace, B.Wallace

Team Leaders:
    Nets: Carter 20.4 PPG, R.Jefferson 8.9 RPG, Kidd 6.8 APG
    Pistons: Rip 20.5 PPG, B.Wallace 12.4 RPG, Billups 8.2 APG

Team Stats:
    Nets: Points 95.9/96.5 Rebs 42.7/40.5 Assists 21.1/20.2 TO 14.9/13.0
    Pistons: Points 99.3/91.7 Rebs 43.1/42.0 Assists 23.6/18.8 TO 11.8/14.5

Injuries: Nets - none, Pistons - Hunter

Latest ESPN Powerranking: Pistons #1, Nets #20

2. max

max All-Star

3. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Tough

I think this is going to be a tough game for us. Jefferson and Carter have always given Tay problems because of their strength, and now Rip will have to guard one of them as well. We may see Mo Evans get a bit more run tonite, as he may be more effective on one or both of them.

Our biggest advantage is at the 4/5. We have to control the interior to offset their perimeter game.

4. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Should be interesting to say the least. So, who is going to get dunked on first and the most?

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i've got to say ben will keep jamming on krstic along with rasheed. ben wallace will win this one for us 89-85.

6. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

rj & vc vs. Tay & Rip

Well said Tbird, I too am not very comfortable with this match up.... Particularly Rip having to defend vince or rj since he is not only slim but doesn't have the ridiculous reach that Tay has to hender shots. His only defense will be to make his opponent work defensively and perhapse keep rj shooting jumpers. Carter can kill you inside and out so I don't like our chances with Rip attempting to check vc, we'd better let Tay try his luck vs him.
    Kidd still is a premier pg in the league, but I think the fact that Chauncey is always an offensive threat gives us a bit of an advantage in that department (call me a homer but C-note is damn good ya'll)! Besides that we know we've got it on lock in the frontcourt, but young kristic should NOT be underestimated. The kid is fundamentally sound and offensively aggressive, if sheed takes him for granted he'll have #36 in foul trouble before he knows it. If Detroit can control the glass and limit their fast breaks we should be in good shape, with the finishers they have letting them run too much is a HUGE no no!
    By the way it would be very cool and interesting to see what young DMC can do against kristic and collins.... GO PISTONS!

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

don't doubt rip man. he is not a defensive reliability, hell he is actually a reliable defender now.

8. max

max All-Star

Jefferson

Jefferson is having an all-star type of season. A near 20/10 guy avg around 19 PPG and 9.3 RPG.

The Tay/Jefferson matchup will be one of the keys to this game.

The other one is taking advantage of our size ( make them pay for Krystic ) and hoping Arroyo is not burned too bad by Kidd when that matchup happends. This would have been a great game for Hunter.

Have to slow this game down and not try to out-break them.

Good test to see if our D is in fact still in charge over trying to out-score the other team.

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It seems like only yesterday that NJ was the elite of the East and Detroit was trying to break in. Interesting that it seemed to be Detroit's triumph over them in the EC finals two years ago that broke their backs (along with aging bones). Tonight should be an interesting game even if only from a historical perspective. (of course there are also other reasons that make this a compelling matchup)

10. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i'm sorry, we're outshooting them 60 % to 38 % and we're only up 5?!

what's up with that?

11. professor

k, well, now it's about even shooting anyway so forget it... nice work, bench >:(

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pistons playing like CRUD in the second. Evans and Darko have no business being on the court. Let's see Delfino.

The NJ announcers are killing me...

13. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Game

The main problem with Evans is that he's just too short to guard Carter. He stands no chance. Vince just turns around and pops right over him. Same thing he's doing against Rip.

14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Offense

I'm glad there are no scoring droughts this season. C'mon Joe D, we need KG.

As others have said, I wouldn't mind seeing Maxiell in there. Ball hog or not, at least the guy has a nose for the hoop.

15. roscoe36

And he's leading the team in FG%...

16. roscoe36

Not a lot of guys can defend "the traitor", but Evans seems totally lost on switches. This is bizarre but I am not seeing any chemistry from the bench at all. Offensively, they're brutal at times, and defensively they live and die by forced turns.

The Pistons better raise their game. This is turning into a snooze fest.

17. professor

i'd like to see them stay with sheed a little bit more in the second half. seems like he started out on fire and then they just sort of forgot about him

18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

McCoskey talking to Blaha

McCoskey say this to Blaha at halftime: "I hope the fans don't boo Larry, but I know they will ... Divorces are ugly. I should know because I've had a few of them myself."

Thanks for that unwanted glimpse into your life, Chris.

19. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Hugely disappointing performance by the bench, giving away our entire 12-point lead.

Well, better to find this out now so there's plenty of time before the trade deadline to make a move if necessary.

20. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Micro Re:Bench

It really is a stark contrast to what we've seen earlier this year, just a short time ago. They're playing like strangers out there. Antônio looks lost. Darko had so much more confidence and acted like he belonged in the preseason. Then here in the regular season he's playing so tentative like he has no idea what he's doing.

If our bench doesn't get it together, we're going to have to run our starters into the ground just to compete game in-game out. Just like last year.

It's really disheartening.