Detroit At NewJersey - Nov 30 2005 7:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by max, Nov 30, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You guys know how I feel about most of the benchers. But Evans I thought might really be an X-factor. Thus far, he's not even Lindsey Hunter. Those spot up 3s he was nailing in the preseason are not going to be available during the regular season and probably even less often in the playoffs.

I don't know what it is, but that bench is weak. Maybe even weaker than last year. I REALLY want to see Delfino play today...
  2. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

I know of no team in the league where the gap between the starters and the bench is even as close to as large as it is on our team.

I'm wondering if J-Max deserves a crack as well as Delfino. Just trying to find something that works. The bench played a combined total of 29 minutes in the first half and were 0-6 for 0 points. That ain't gonna get it done.

Kudos to the starters for pulling us back even, but we can't keep this up all year.
  3. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

on the plus side in this otherwise kind of dismal effort thus far: 21 fg's on 16 dimes
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

What a great night of TV bball! :)

P's & Nets (a close one, but Fred's gettin on my nerves)
    MSU & GT (a close one)
    Duke & Indy (?)
  5. roscoe36

You know, these NJ announcers are growing on me. I'm watching the YES network.

Any observations on Ben Wallace, my people? Someone give me their take and then I'll share mine.
  6. professor

now'll come the test, right? cause the bench is gonna have to play at least a few minutes in the 4th. the starters gave them back a lead...let's see what happens. i agree that we ought to see delfino and maxy. i'm not saying permanently necessarily (thoughh maybe that too), but the guys in front of them didn't earn any more time tonight.
  7. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

funny

oh ok. why is the bench weakness totally blamed on darko and evans?? mcdyess is supposed to be the # 1 scorer off the bench and he hasn't showed up. everyone's offense should feed off of him. i think it's time to run the offense through darko.

flip needs to rethink his use of the bench. in the preseason he was bringing them in as a unit. he was giving them consistent minutes and letting them work out the kinks. they were responding by holding and extending leads and starting to grow some chemistry. now he's broken them up and barely giving delfino minutes.
  8. professor

i agree with this point about the blame (though I don't know if running the offense through darko is a solution at this point...maybe it is). and i definitely agree that bringing them in as a unit, as in the preseason was working much better for them.
  9. roscoe36

Because I didn't feel honest blaming it all on Darko. ;)

Arroyo hasn't had any help, that's for sure. I think Carlos is playing pretty good tonight.

I think it's time for Darko to find a new hairstylist.
  10. TBird

Micro

Would be interested in hearing your Ben observations. I'm listening on radio so I can't tell you much. : )
  11. roscoe36

Ben looks like the Carlisle era Ben. He's totally neglected in the offense. That's IMHO has led to him not setting hard screens, and his defense seems to have dropped off. He's mis-timing his jumps (when he bothers to jump).

If Ben isn't hurt, he's getting hurt in this game plan. Sheed chucking 3s without conscience and no one running a play for Ben. It just ain't right. Chauncey, Rip and Tay aren't even giving Ben a look...

Btw, that baseline ref should be fired. He's blown at least a dozen calls (both ways). He's really just that incompetent.
  12. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

This game.

From what I see on the game cast, the bench ain't helping any.

Guys, you gotta step up!

Dyess, 2 points? 2 rebs in 14 minutes? I can't believe I actually drafted this guy in the fantasy league along with Darko. But they're both dropped now pending their performances. Had high hopes but right now they ain't playing well is an understatement.

Arroyo is doing ok, IMO. Somebody aside from the starters have got to step up. I say put JMax, and Amir in for somebody, Delfino to the IL. Darko get your feet to the shoulders wet, man.

AAuggghhh, damn, I'm having a pretty bad day. Exams, life. Hope the Pistons pull out a win to make it better.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

So, Brother Mic...

....I just got home and it looks like we'll get a toughee on the road. We got 4 allstar wannnabe's out there with THE allstar. Is Ben really gonna matter if he doesnt get shots or are u just talking about tonight?..my bruddah?
  14. TBird

Micro

I thought Blaha mentioned Ben was hurt (sprained ankle or something). Maybe that's why.

He does seem to be getting nicked up more the last couple of years. Never misses a game, but not perhaps quite as effective day-in day-out as before as a result.
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Celebrate Me!!!!!!!!!

That was my 100th post!!!!Woo-hoo! My bruddahs!
  16. roscoe36

Well, something ain't right, mah brudder. Ben is playing lousy. He's been abused by Marc Jackson, he can't clean the defensive boards, and the majority of his jumps have been mis-timed.

Now if I had to pick a favorite Piston, it's a toss up between Ben and Sheed, so this isn't hating. He's just playing LOUSY and I think it might be because he is being ignored...
  17. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Big Ben

Ben rolled his ankle at the end of the first/beginning of the second quarter. It looked really painful. So that's one reason why he looks a little slow in this game. Plus you add to that the fact that he's already playing on a bad wheel, from when he hurt his foot a few games ago.

I agree, as far as how he looks on the offensive end. There is a big drop-off from last year to this year.

It's always good to have him active on the offensive side of the ball. But it just seems that every time they dump it to him in the post it's like going into a black hole. It just turns out to be a waste of a possession.
  18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm not worried about Ben, but I'm going to officially jump on the bandwagon with everyone who has been worrying about the bench. Uggghhh..I almost think they should sign...No...I won't say it..I won't think it...I hate that guy!
  19. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Very nice second half

by the starters. Outboarded again, though. Major minutes for the starters. Looks a lot like last season. No Delf, no Max, Darko for only 5 minutes. Time to try something else, Flip.
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Mr Big Shot...90-80!

I think Ben is conserving as he gets older. But if UncleCliffy can get 19 minutes, darko should too. We got to get 30-34 minimum minutes from Ben this year...as for the best guards in the league tonight,,,Rip with 30 on :cool:ONLY 14 shots/CB with 8 assists and 0 TO'S!!!!! I love my team!