Detroit At Orlando - Apr 7, 2006

Discussion in 'April 2006 Games' started by max, Oct 10, 2005.

1. max

max All-Star

Detroit At Orlando
    7:00 PM

TV: tv20 Detroit
    Radio: WDFN

Notes: 3rd and Final seasonal meeting between the 2 teams. Will the 2 home games have given Orlando the edge? Will this game have playoff significance? I say not. Except for the Pistons trying to get another win.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GUESS DARKO'S STATLINE!
    ~~
  2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Re: Comments

Find a way to stop Jameer Nelson from completely killing the Pistons and we win.
  3. max

max All-Star

Games taken on a bit more meaning with the trade and Darko's parting words of what a nighmere playing ( or sitting ) for the Pistons was.

Will the team even remember that or even care? Extra motivation playing against 2 of their former teammates? Or will they mail in a sub-par effort thinking they can coast against the Magic? Will Darko choke like he did in the NY game? How will Arroyo do against his former team?

Of couse they are still bench players. Stopping Nelson and Howard is the key. Am looking forward to seeing this Darko stopping entire teams thing.
  4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Lookin forward to this game, I wanna see how Darko rersponds to seeing Ben and Shee in a game instead of practice. Im sure they will be buddy buddy...but I wouldnt be surprised if they lay a little lumber to him.
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Looking forward to seeing Orlando play Detroit. The Magic will play hard. Howard, Stevenson, and Jameer Nelson can bring it on some nights.

I see Ben throwing either Arroyo`s or Darko`s shot in the stands, then patting him, as he says, "nice try young fella.

After the win last night and HCA almost a done deal, Flip please rest our starters in this one. I think Cato would like to play against his former team too.

Delfino, Delk, Dyess, DD, & Lindsey should be able to handle Orlando.

Let Mo get some rest......:laugh:
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]

Remember when Darko was happy and smiled all the time?

NOPE, ME NEITHER.

GO PISTONS!
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I remember that happy go lucky smiling Darko

[​IMG]

All downhill after that.
  8. max

max All-Star

I would guess that the Pistons are not thinking about showing up the ex-Pistons in this one. Thats mainly something sportswriters and fans like to talk about.

I can see this as a typical back-back road game against against a team we should beat. Slow start and scrambling back to tie it sometime in the 3rd and then winning by 7 or 8.
  9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

the darko dwight frontline will dominate our bigs. b. hill doesn't use this lineup too often. he's saving that for next year. in 2 years it's going to be like our sheed and ben wallace frontline except better. good thing detroit doesn't rely on points in the paint darko is shutting all of that down.

i sure would love to see darko go against dale or cato. he'd eat them alive and posters would still say they would take the vet over a young buck. :doh: some people will never admit that joe might have made the wrong move in handing orlando the dominant frontline of the next 10 years. darko could have helped us this year and so could arroyo. they certainly have helped orlando. anybody miss arroyo last night when lindsey was running the O. i predict tonight arroyo will eat lindsey alive. tony will get ate up on d but at least he'll shoot arroyo's eye out.
  10. basketbills

They should out score us by about 20 points lets say

Let's say Darko outscores the old guys by about 15 points?

Yeah, instead of the best record in the league we would be better than the best.

Arroyo outscores those two by about 15 points shall we say?

OK according to the prognostications on bballjay we lose the Orlando game by an approximate score of 100-50? You would't want to lay any money on that would you bball?
  11. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Bball, go over to the articles page on the General Discussion forum and have a nice time with the latest link. A sample quote:

Maybe Darko can ask himself how much it killed Joe Dumars to take crap for someone who repaid him by standing around like an autistic punk in games.

Screw Darko. If the Pistons were like the Bulls or the Nets they'd have held him hostage out of spite, instead of responding to his trade request by sending him to a team where things are easiest for him. I hope the Wallaces make a point of kicking his butt, but I doubt they'll bother. Detroit wins this game easy.
  12. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yup. i agree detroit will win this game. but please believe that howard and milicic are going to give wallace x2 a preview of what's to come over the next few years.

the trade request was the least joe could do after the lackluster job of developing darko the pistons did. the guy could play and 2 coaches wouldn't play him cause they wanted to prove points. darko is going to prove a point to all parties involved. i hope joe learns from this and demands more development of youth from his coaches. it looks like he hasn't learned cause delf is stuck on the bench too.

yeah instead of lindsey running the point and destroying leads we could have arroyo in there extending them or at least maintaining them.

i'd take darko against duncan or shaq or o'neal before i take davis or cato. just because we have a good record doesn't mean it was a good move. this trade will hurt us in 3 years not right now.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]

Looks like Carlos and Darko found time to do some sightseeing!

Photo courtesy of Need4Sheed
  14. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons will be without Rip, has personal family things to take care of. This is not bad becuase the starters should rest no matter what now.

Tonight playing Orlando they still should win even though Orlando will come out looking for an upset, and seeing how the former Pistons will perfom. Even without Rip Detroit should be able to win this game, Orlando is about the same as NOK, and Detroit handle that team at home without Sheed. the point guard play will be crucial and we have the depth to make up for Rip's scoring.

This will be a close game and I first I had a feeling Detroit was going to lose this game, and when I herd no Rip for tonight I thought AH HA. THen I came back to reality and Detroit is just the better team. Pistons 96 Orlando 93
  15. basketbills

Thanks for sharing the photo of bballjay visiting with Darko and Arroyo, Micro.

Lanierfan ...Maybe Darko can ask himself how much it killed Joe Dumars to take crap for someone who repaid him by standing around like an autistic punk in games.

That's good....
  16. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I hate to say it but I still wish we had Darko. I know he was a pouter and all but we could have found 10 minutes for him to keep him happy. I respect Dumars however for giving Flip his space. I just wish we were a little more successful with diplomacy. Or at the very least, market him a little better by playing him once the decision was made to trade him. We could have gotten alot more for him. Oh well. Dumars is allowed to make a few mistakes I guess.
  17. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

In the midst of being torn up about whether we did the right thing in trading Darko, we can't lose sight of the effort this guy gave when he got in the game. We can't blame the organization for his lack of effort or maturity.

He didn't show championship DNA. Hopefully, for his sake, he'll mature by the time he's 25 or 30.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We all have our Rodney Whites...

Mine will be Darko. A Lot Better I Hope. Bills and Nier, Darko should have refused to go on the court in games in his last full year here...he was not a member!!! Everything else is BS and I know you know that.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For the Magics Double D to dominate us, all that is needed is 6 points more in the paint. 15 would be an embarrassment...please nooooo!
    I've hit the Pistons Pt. Total 2 times in a row and I don't want to wreck my streak. Rip out Cato out. Delk in large. I should pass.
    Wouldn't miss out for my life...
    Ps 98, M 96 or Ps 90, M 89 or M 100, Ps 90 noooooo!!
    Double U, baby :nod:
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In keeping with the utterly unpredictable Pistons coaching moves, I'm calling that if Rip is indeed out tonight, Delfino will start and Delk will come off the bench.

You heard it here first.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

interesting