Detroit At Phoenix - Nov 10, 2005

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by max, Oct 10, 2005.

1. max

max All-Star

Detroit At Phoenix - 10:30pm

TV: TNT [micro: Canuck channel] RNBATV, RNBATVHD
    Radio: WDFN

Notes: Teams split the seaonal series last year 1-1 with both teams winning at home.

Game Notes: PHX - According to their website Boris Diaw is replacing James Jones in the starting lineup and will be starting at PF with Shawn Marion ( who was starting there ) slidding over to the 3. Jones returns to the bench. Boris Diaw is listed as a 6'8" guard but will be their starting PF tonight.

The 2-2 Suns boast the highest point total in the league at 111 PPG and let in 107.25 for a +3.8 differential. PHX leads the league in APG at 30.8 and is last in the league in offensive rebounding at 15 RPG. They are respectable in Defensive Rebounding ranking 8th in the league.

Suns also boast 2 league leaders after 4 games with Nash dishing 12.5 APG and Shawn Marion as the surprising early league Rebounding King at 13.8 RPG. He has a 0.8 RPG lead over Ben Wallace - who wants to wager that will change tonight?

Also if you have been living in a Cave or just have not been paying attention Stoudemire is injured.

Max's line - DET 104 PHX 94
  2. max

max All-Star

Comments

Pistons 111 PHX 104

Detroit wins on a late 17-4 run.

BoxScore - From nba.com

PlayByPlay - From nba.com

PostGameQuotes - Courtesy of Suns WebSite

Anyone Catch who Blaha named players of the game on WDFN?

I am calling Billups player of the game with 27 points on 9-15 shooting with 11 assists. Plus he hit the coffin shot. 3-pointer to tear the heart out of PHX's effort and seal the game.

Dyess Sub of the game with 8 points on 4-9 shooting with 7 boards.

Good to see the 2 players having good shooing games.

Notable mentions. Ben Wallace 15 points (6-10) , 16 boards and 3 blocks with 2 key free throws made near the end of the game. Rip leading the 4th quarter surge with 18pts ( 14 in the 2nd half -12 in the 4th? ) , Sheed finally getting off to a decent game 15 points (6-10), 7 boards and staying in and out of foul trouble. Prince with the usual solid play. Mr consistant with 18 pts 5 assists and 3 boards.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I just don't see them beating us in this game if we try our hardest, they're a lot worse on offense, the one thing you don't want especially when you're facing the best defensive team in the keague. also they improved in defense, but they lost a lot more offense than they gained defense.
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

5. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

very insightful.

:eyebrows::P
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

my only question is whether to play nash tonight in my fantasy league
  7. jetscreamer

jetscreamer First Round Draft Pick

Saundes quote from the link previously posted

If they go small you have to make them pay!! How refreshing
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This will be a track meet. I'm AMPED!
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Clutch

I gotta say, Chauncey appears to be reaching perfection as a point guard in terms of maturity. He seems completely at ease and in control of the team.

It seems like he no longer feels the need to prove anything to anybody. He knows that he is thought of as "clutch"... which wouldn't be a bad nickname in the Motor City.
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Anyone care to predict a final score?

I'll go for...

Pistons 112 - Suns 98!
  11. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

I'll bite...

Most folks are predicting a track meet tonight. I think we'll definitely score over a hundred points, considering their serious lack of defense, while at the same time we'll limit Phoenix to a modest 88-90 points, like we did to Sacramento.

Detroit 110 - Phoenix 90
  12. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

I don't think we will forget how to play defense

We do not seem to have the same defense as we did the last two years, but it is close. But the big forward step we have taken on offense is becoming dependable, so we win tonight, like 105 - 88.
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Pistons 102 Suns 99:ohwell:
  14. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Phoenix game planning for tonight's game

What Sun's coach Mike D'Antoni thinks about Detroit, and how they're game planning for tonight's game.

The East Valley Tribune -

Pistons are disaster for foes
    By Jerry Brown

A warning to the Suns’ game events crew: Step lightly when it comes to jabbing the Detroit Pistons tonight — they are enough of a handful as it is.
  15. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Track Meet?

Hopefully not. I think we need to force them into a halfcourt game offensively, where they aren't nearly as effective. I'd like to see us push it some, but hopefully we can control the glass so as not to let them out on the break.

Look for a big game from CB. Nash is phenomenal offensively but he's a lousy defender.
  16. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Prediction

I too think the Pistons are going to slow down a bit. I say Pistons 98 - Phoenix 90.
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

pistons know

the team aspecially the starters know they shouldn't have a fast paced game with phoenix especially on the road. Yes i believe they'll run for easy baskets off misses but mainly today i think they'll do half-court sets so that it doesn't turn into a very fast paced game. We'll still score pretty good though, pistons win 96-89.
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Oh I just read this article, and i definently don't think this will be a fast paced game now, before i thought the pistons wouldn't try to have a fast paced game but i wasn't sure now i'm almost 100% sure this won't be a fast-paced game or at least the pistons won't want that, and will try to prevent it. the article is on here it's on this site its called "pistons are weary of suns".

Oh also I read an article on suns.com it said they were going to change there starting lineup because the've lost there first 2 home games, and they want to see if a bigger line up will work so marion can gaurd tay, and not sheed also because james jones is struggling and they want to see if Barbosa and Boris-diaw can do better. Diaw is starting according to the article.
  19. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I think this game will be another double digit win for the Pistons. The Suns are changing their lineups around which in fact may backfire. Detroit 110 - 87.
  20. max

max All-Star

Reserved

Thats Reserved for Post-game information.