Detroit at Toronto - Fri. Apr 14th 2006

Discussion in 'April 2006 Games' started by roscoe36, Oct 4, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit at Toronto - Fri. April 14th 2006

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons Game 79 of the 2005/6 NBA Regular Season
    Fri. April 14th 2006, 7:00 PM Eastern
    Air Canada Centre, built 1999, capacity 19,800
    TV: FSN Detroit, TSN
    Radio: WDFN 1130AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~
  2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Re: Detroit at Toronto - Fri. April 14th 2006

HCA has been secured. What does that mean to the Flipper?

Stay healthy.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Re: Detroit at Toronto - Fri. April 14th 2006

time to free the brahma!! and the other rooks!!
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Spurs lose to Magic!......its OVAH!!!! HCA all day!...BUt...Darko got 14, 7 and 3 on the world champs. We made a BIGGGG mistake.
  5. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

This game was to be for the HCA, thanks to Orlando the guys got their goal done. With that being said Detroit needs to go into this game with the same focus and get a win. THe last three games should wind down like the the preason and play the starters 20 mins or so.

THis game will be a good run and if the guys have the same focus like they had the last two games look for a double digit win.

Pistons 103 Raps 90
  6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

With the SA Spurs losing to the Magic, Stones has HCA throughout the playoffs. Mission #3 out of 4 accomplished. One more mission to go, THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! What does this mean? It means we must have the starters healthy and ready for the playoffs.

Flip will start the Starting 5 for this game as usual. Hopefully, the starters will not play more than 30 minutes for this game. Flip should start playing the bench with some of the starters after 5 minutes into the game. Mix the bench with starters, Flip. Without Bosh, I don't see the Raptors giving the Stones much of a game. With CB, Hunter or even Delfino on James, the Raptors has no offense.

I also wish the bench will play lock up 'D' and keep the Raptors from scoring more than 20 pts per quarter. Would be nice to see all the players playing 'D' the way DETROIT BASKETBALL is supposed to be played.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

95 to 75 Ps, even with all the BS.
    The Great MJ - 25 pts.
    He'll go down shooting not pasing.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

FYI this might be like a Pistons home game. The Raptors offered all pistons season ticket holds huge discounts on the game and hotel, and hundreds of tickets were sold. If I didn't have a presentation for class tomorrow I would be there, but instead 4 of my friends are going.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I bet all of your friends got presentations to though. They know what's important.<l:*)]
  10. roscoe36

Chat's open, see you around 7:00!!!

Information on our PF.com Game Chat HERE.
  11. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Blah. I hate these kind of games. Watching Mo Evans jack up shots like a bush leaguer trying to get a tryout makes me sick. He and Hunter and Delk all played for themselves at times, and I don't know why McDyess even showed up. What Delfino thought he was going to accomplish on that last play when they were down by 3 is anyone's guess.

Good game by Maxiell, though.

Still, it's educational. You realize how good the starters are at executing tiny things no one thinks about, like forcing someone else besides Mike friggin' James to take an inbounds pass. :mad:
  12. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

who cares.... flip should have revamped the starting line up to use the bench players...this game's meaningless
  13. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Well, is that what playing the bench more would look like? Just a meaningless game--we have home court clinched.
  14. roscoe36

Exactly. Meaningless. With the way that San Antonio and Dallas are playing down the stretch, I'm not even sure HCA will come in handy.

But I digress. Ugly, terrible game to watch unless you are watching it on TSN with the Raptors announcing crew. They make everything bigger than it is, and really do a good job of focusing on the team the Raptors played.
  15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

nice one. I can't get the slasherx video to work.
    game chat really brought the game to life...thanks guys...and girls...

I like that the bench got a lot of time. too bad we couldn't have gotten jmax more floor time during the season.
  16. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

BTW, whose job was it to deny Mike James? Did Flip actually have Mo Evans on him the last time? :doh: Mike should have been double teamed, and they shouldn't have covered the in-bounds pass.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What we didn't blow them out by 20?
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

Thanks for the video, it was great! The Raptors announcers seem like pretty big Pistons fans!
  19. roscoe36

They're great because they are the only non-partisan announcers in the league (and the mop up crew at Raptors NBATV). Their job is to sell basketball + the Raptors not make insane comparisons like Andrew Bogut to Kareem Abdul Jabbar (I heard it on a Milwaukee telecast, no lie).

LanierFan combined with the commentary from the Canucks had me thinking last night. Chauncey had 10 assists in like 21 minutes. Another double double.

And the bit on the vid about how good he is, I mean, watching that, I took it all for granted. It made me realize how spoiled we are, that we are treated to such a high level of basketball intelligence and execution on a nightly basis, that fans in other sites are astonished and amazed by the quality of our players.

It's all exhibition games from here on out, so everyone better be prepared to see lots of bench, and several losses. Rip said in the post game locker room interview that they don't care about establishing a Pistons regular season win record. All they wanted was HCA.

Their minds are already on the playoffs.
  20. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

In the short time they were in the starters were playing great ball.With HCA locked I don't care if we see the bench 75% of the game.It's gonna get them some major burn hopefully some confidence going into the playoffs.As long as it doesn't effect the starters rythm.But they need to play more as a unit instead of individuals.They showed some flashes and completed plays but their defense at times,specially on James was horrible he could have gone to the parking lot and got his car and drove it through the lane.The playoffs are almost here,these are my favorite sports months of the year.