Detroit at Toronto - Weds. Mar 15th 2006

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by roscoe36, Oct 4, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons @ Raptors!

Pistons Game 62 of the 2005/6 NBA Regular Season
    Weds. March 15th 2006, 7:00 PM Eastern
    Air Canada Centre, built 1999, capacity 19,800
    TV: tv20, TheScore
    Radio: WDFN 1130AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~
  2. roscoe36

Big game boys and girls. The Pistons arrived in Toronto this afternoon, ready to do battle with the Purple Velociraptors.

Gotta watch out for Mo Pete and Mike James. Bosh will get his although letting Mike James run a little wild actually works against the Raps. He has a tendency to do too much at times and ignore his teammates.

Mo Pete is having a career season and probably playing the best defense of his NBA career. His 3 point shooting has been clutch for the dirty birds this year.

The Raps bench is unspectacular, and can be exploited. I'm anxious to see Tony Delk make short work of Jose Calderon like The Low cutting up weak rappers.

High energy game, the Raps like to run and gun, their halfcourt offense is all Mike James and Bosh.

With plenty of rest and practice, let's hope Flip uses his bench to good effect and the battle of playoff rotation minutes between Mo Evans and Carlos Delfino gets off to a rollicking start.

[​IMG]
  3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Bosh logged 44 minutes tonight. Hopefully that jumper will be falling short, since I know the Wallaces despise contesting jumpshots.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Interesting games from Dallas and Miami. Dallas down 19 at halftime and they hold the Cavs to 8 points in the 3rd quarter and pull out a win.

Miami was up 41-14 after the 1st quarter against our nemesis, the Jazz... and rolled em.

The players have got to feel that they are in the stretch run now.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i've watched a lot of the cleveland games, and it's sad. they either blowout a team, or lose. teams always make 20 point come backs. lebron makes the right choices in the game most of the time. the opponent always doubles him in the second half, lebron pases to the open guy but he can't put the ball in the hoop. dallas tied the game at the end of the 3rd even though they were down 19 at the half by outscoring the cavs 27-8!
  6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Check BOSH, not so much on his scoring but his offensive rebounds and we will win this game, no problem.

As for MO PETE and MIKE JAMES, we have plenty of weapons to keep them from scoring. We can have Delk, Hunter, Delf and of course our starters of CB, RIP and TAY to counter them.

Raptors do not have J Rose anymore to match up with us.
  7. collins18

collins18 Second Round Draft Pick

I wouldn't say I'm worried but it would appear that miami's win over the pistons has shifted the momentum their way. I thiink Flip has to figure out his rotations and get the guys prepared. Most of all our bench. I just hope the constant tinkering with lineups and unpredictable play time for our bench players isn't going to cause any hard feelings or bad chemistry, that would disrupt the cohesive team dynamic that is obviously one of this teams best advantages. Athough I would expect any player in this league to understand the fact that nothing is guaranteed and you have to work hard to secure your "place" on a team. Especially this team. So obviously I think the pistons are better then the heat but i also think we need our bench strong and confident as we look to take out Miami or any other team that stands between us and the championship. Miami isn't a well rounded team has far has I'm concerned.They do have a few great players who can (has we well know) single-handedly win games. So is everyone looking forward to next wednesday as much has I am? It's still just a regular season game, and it's not our last against miami , but it's sure to be a dogfight to remember.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Pistons 101
    Toes ripping through their tennys 92
  9. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

This is a game the Pistons have to win. The Pistons need to run the table on the next few games heading to Miami, Indiana.

They should win this game but it will be closer than we think. I think the game flow will be high paced until the 2nd half. The Pistons will have to be strong on the D end to win this game, Toronto can score and if they try to get in a transition game like the Washington game than it can spell trouble.

I think it will be a close game, but it will be high scoring 103-96.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Mike J, 19 points. Let's not let him get hot.
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i have a feeling this will be a huge blowout that the pistons will win.
  12. roscoe36

Nice Toronto article here by one of my favorite Canuckian Sports scribes, Doug Smith.

Where da Raps are at!

Chat will be open in 3 minutes! Microvision game feed from Canada will be in effect.

Chat info link
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

ben has let out his anger again. the last time he did that we came off of our slump. it's in a detnews article.
  14. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Where's the love for Delf, Lindsey and Davis? We are paying Davis $3.5M to sit on the bench? Delf will be gone as soon as he is a FA. I just don't get Flips rotations.
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Delk is starting to look like a black hole. He isn't even looking to pass.

Obviously I want a guy that can come off the bench and score, but it needs to be within the offence.
  16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with you about Delfino. GIVE THE GUY SOME FREAKING MINUTES ALREADY!

Another DNP for Hunter as well. How is the guy going to play himself into playoff shape if he doesn't play?

Man, Flip is REALLY starting to piss me off!:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:
  17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice line for Dice with 16 on 8 of 12 in 33 minutes, though he did manage to miss four free throws. Six boards, couple of steals and a couple of blocks too. Hot shooting from Rip and Chauncey keeps the kids ahead despite giving up 16 offensive boards. Sheed was even hitting the boards before he got into foul trouble.

Very short bench again, Dice, Delk and Evans. I tried for a while to watch only Evans to see if I could convince myself that he should be in the game with Delfino on the bench. Nothing doing though - minimal energy tonight, fairly lackluster defense, and by and large no involvement in the offense. Good three point shooting from Delk, but 1 for 7 from closer in.

If the Pistons rebound better, they're probably up by 15-20 in the fourth instead of 7 half way through. A win is a win at this point though.

I could be mistaken, but on Sheed's second foul, which he admitted (raised his hand and all), when the guy missed the first, Sheed seemed to yell - "no, I was wrong, ball don't lie, no foul". :laugh:

Got to say that even though I seem to be on him a lot, I do love to watch Sheed.
  18. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Flip hates defense.

:frusty:

I can see not playing Lindsey, because Delk is a downgrade on D (though still solid), but a massive upgrade on offense. But Evans over Delfino? That's a joke at best. Dale has also proven that he's willing to nut up and grab some boards (something that is desperately needed), so why continue to DNP him? It's getting ridiculous. A rotation of Delk/Delfino/Dice/Davis would be perfect. Dice/Delk for offense and Dale/Delfino for lockdown D. Yet he consistantly goes to "no D" Mo Evans for 15+ minutes a game. It blows my mind.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ps 105
    Rs 98
    Good call VT, even more points than you thought. All those 3s.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Did I say the Pistons would go 75% from 3 yesterday?
    They shot 71.4% tonite and about 85% while the game was in limbo.
  20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds like it was a great game with Detroit stretching the Raptor's defense to the breaking point on all those 3's. Hi to all in the chat room, sorry for the repeated login and logouts. I was on a computer in the library out here in Utah that wouldn't install the flash player correctly, so i could read your posts but i couldnt write anything. Thanks for the play-by-plays though, it's great to have something that reliable when you can't see the game live.