1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Detroit BadBoys chats with the Freep's Krista Jahnke

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 5, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Talking with Detroit Free Press beat reporter Krista Jahnke | Detroit Bad Boys

Good read. The difference in depth you receive from a writer and a radio host is substantial.

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Thanks for posting that Roscoe... good stuff.
    As suspected Langlois has more access to Joe... and has his hands tied as far as negative reporting.
    I always thought Krista would be a good interview... I like the fact that she digs a litttle deeper than the others... she's not complacent like some unnamed beat guys.

I'll look forward to her blog sometime in the near future.

Did you notice that this piece was the first two lead stories on Hoopshype... just goes to show that these little interviews can land anywhere.

BTW, if you guys missed it Roscoe did a nice interview with Matt Dery... another good read on the inside life of a broadcaster.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Both the Free Press and WDFN interviews are good. It's amazing how many hours these beat writers and media folks spend with the players and coaches. What is even more amazing, to me at least, is how often people post on Internet forums claiming that they know so much more about what is going on than the media.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What the media reports and what they know are two different things. I doubt the local snitch gets to ride on Roundball One or gorge themselves on cold cuts in the media room.