Detroit/Chicago Series hype.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, May 1, 2007.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Well...that's a backhanded compliment if I ever heard one!
  2. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Hey sorry Bills if you were offended by my post. I was just stating that to me in my opinion a lot of posters in here dont know what they are talking about. Just like when I post I'm sure their are guys on here who think I dont know what the hell I"m talking about. Just a matter of opinion and dont be so sensitive. I definitely wasn't aiming it at you Bills.
  3. basketbills

Hey...I was kidding around myself explosivity:fishing:
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think he meant that you were saying I only make sense half the time...

As long as we all have a batting average that would be good in baseball, this place can function. If I can make sense 35% of the time with arguments in scoring position, I'll take it.
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Well, I have numerous relatives in Chicago & Gary Indiana, my father's side of the family, they aren't really playing with a full deck anyway(lol).

However, the calls are steadily beginning to trickle in from the folks claiming chicago as the next NBA champs (see, I told you they were card-carrying crazy).

I hate Chicago with a passion, always have, always will.

If you are from detroit, it is politicaly correct to hate chicago, this includes not only the Bulls, but also the blackhawks, Bears, Cubs and White Sox. (Isn't that right Old Skool, Linwood).

This rivalry goes back to the days of William Daly and his political machine or maybe even before.

If Chicago somehow wins this series, (yeah right, when hell freezes over), I will be rooting against any team that plays them even if it's one from my hate list.

Chicago must go down.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hey, half of Chicago hates Chicago, so it is no surprise that Detoit hates them.

The Cubs/ Sox split has created dueling personalities here. You got the spoiled northsiders, ex Frats, and yuppies pitted against the blue-collar southsiders in baseball. The Bears fans tend to be south also. Blackhawks have no real fans left.

But the Bulls, they are on the West side and seem to be everybody's team. You have the south side diehards and then you have the northsiders that jumped on the band-wagon during the Jordan years and are willing to jump back on if it looks like they can win again. These are the fans that I am talking about and who aren't really providing much hype yet. They are dipping their toes in the water right now and trying to decide if it's swimmable.
  7. basketbills

Here is a look at how the Bulls might gear up to stop the Pistons offense. I guess I'm not up on things because if it's not in Greg's Gameplan or Kelser's Key's I don't know much about it...never heard of this "horns" set...(from blogabull)

8. max

max All-Star

Glad you brought that up. The historical rivaly is something that has suprisingly been missing for the most part around here. Perhaps you had to live through the badboy days to really appreciate it. Chic fans seem to remember it.
  9. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I just missed the Bad Boys. I moved to the States in 1992 and didn't start following Pistons from the get go. I remember Jordan whipping Pistons for all those years which made me hate Chicago, although it was kind of weaker in the past few years after he retired and Chicago was crappy. Now I can hate them again.
  10. mikhail1973

11. mikhail1973

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

OK you whooses, time to put the women and children to bed. Roscoes got his game face on, it's time you man up and draw some battle lines.
    The reason everybodies hair in Chi. looks like a mess is because as soon as you go outdoors the hawk goes caveman on it.
    TaS, admittedly a 10% Bull fan should be viewed as a double agent this entire series. His stats could be biased to favor the Bull BS he lustfully will fall back on if the Bulls overcome.
    ...Might want to keep an eye on The Low too. He never stopped stalking BBeen. Watch out for some of his BBeen is "The God of Defense" posts.
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

See above... but no matter where you live...even Detroit...you can't hate the Cubbies.:)
  14. mikhail1973

Why hate them? Usually we hate winners, and what have they won? They would probably define a "loveable loser".
  15. Darth Tater

Exactly.
  16. mikhail1973

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Classic matchup of different styles. Saunders and the "Bullish" [stock market] offensive system vs. Skiles "Bearish" defensive system. I respect Skiles for defying the NBA directions. But the best shooting team should win.
  18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I will boldly predict that you will be able to look at the bottom of the post game boxscore and, without looking at anything else,find that the team with the fewest turnovers won the game.

I'll most likely be wrong, but I see this series coming down to which team can better disrupt the others offensive flow.

Sort of exactly what you said, I know :), but I'm just flip flopping FG% for total turnovers as the barometer for success.
  19. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

This is not about winners and losers, this is about a long-standing rivalry between Detroit and Chicago. It goes back probably before you were born.

Ask any long term Detroiter, they know the deal.
  20. Darth Tater

He's just talking about the Cubbies, I think.

Come on...I mean,the Cubs. They stink. They are almost like our own Lions...but likeable...somehow. I dunno. Somehow the Cubs can't be placed with those other Chicago teams.