Detroit/Chicago Series hype.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, May 1, 2007.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  2. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Rosenbloom had us better at every position. I did my pre series comparison, and I came up with us better at every position, but coach. But I picked us in 6, because of the hype.

Reality check. Deng, Gordan, and Heinrich are good. But they arent as good as any of the Pistons. And the reality is, not counting Ben, not one of the Bulls would start for the Pistons. And forget start, they'd all be buried on the bench, next to Flip and Delfino, with their own HOF clubs begging for them to get pt (forgive me Darko).

3. mikhail1973

It looks like we are better at every position, including coach, at least judging by the first two games. None of the Bulls have been a factor. Hell, they haven't even had a single player with an adequate production when it mattered. And their coach said - "they owned us on both ends of the court".

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. mikhail1973

It is pretty funny. For some reason only now the Pistons are being talked about. Previously it was all Bulls how they are younger, hungrier, faster, and more athletic. What do all those people say now?

6. mikhail1973

You know, the more I look at this series the bigger grows the question in my mind - why so much hype for this series? Yes, I know that Ben is in Bulls uniform now, and this was a great rivalry 15 years ago. But what has Chicago done for the past 10 years exept being a bottom dweller in the league? Yes, they have been better last couple of years, so what? Put them in the West and they'd be 6th or 7th seed at best. I think what created this perception is Pistons play. They haven't been going all out throughout the season, just winning enough to get the 1st in the East. We knew they are prone to let downs as we saw in last year's playoffs. And we weren't sure that Flip could get them to put forth an adequate effort, and the defensive game was suspect. So far Pistons have been able to answer all of their critics and that's why, I guess, all talk about them just having a four lane highway to the Finals.

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

A decent amount of the reason for the hype was how good the Bulls looked against Miami. Most of us in the series preview gave them respect; I picked the Pistons in 7. Of course, those who picked Detroit in 5 were a lot closer on their prediction.

8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know about hype, but even for my predictions, this Bulls team played pretty well this season and did what they needed to do including closing out MIA on the road. I was apparently under the mistaken assumption that they understood the kind of energy and fire they would need to extend their run this season. So far, they exhibited 2 quarters out of 12 that consisted of the kind of effort they will need to be serious contenders. That, to me, is a pretty unexpected contrast from the way they played this season and in the 1st round.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Here's a question for you.

Has this ever happened?

A team sweeps through every round of their conference in the playoffs and every team they swept also swept their opponents?

Example:

Pistons sweep the Magic.
    Pistons sweep the Bulls who swept Miami.
    Pistons sweep the Cavs who swept Washington and New Jersey.

That would mean that by the transitive property, we would have left the entire conference in broom clean condition.

That would be something.

10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

That would leave us with a pretty clean conference...

11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The only teams I can think of in at least the last 20 years who swept through their conference were the Lakers in '89 and again in '01. I just looked up both of those playoff runs; most or all of the teams they beat in the second and third rounds had won their previous series either 3-1 or 4-1.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In the words of C & C Music Factory and Arsenio Hall, "Things that make you go umm? :confused:
    That would be interesting if your Sweep Scenario takes place.:sweep:

13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Except you forgot Toronto. :sssh:

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Still if the Pistons sweep the Bulls and the Cavs sweep the Nets and then the Pistons Sweep the Cavs would be a first as all the teams that the Piston swept, swept their prior opponents (with the exception of the Magic of course. )

It would mean that other that the Nets/Raptors series, a record would be set with the least amount of overall games played in post season for the eastern conference.

Which means minimal revenue for NBA, Refs and venues....

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It'll be the Pistons revenge for the rule changes.