Detroit has Secret Workout With Cousins

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jun 20, 2010.

1. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Golden State taking a hard stance, "We told Cousins that there's no way he's slipping past six. We'll take him if he's there."

NBA source says both Detroit & Houston are making a major push to trade w/Minnesota to get Cousins with the 4th pick. "His stock is rising."
  2. Brap

Brap Starter

There's an unbelievable amount of disinformation in this draft. There are teams that probably don't want Cousins or Monroe (Minnesota, Sac, GS -- possibly two out of three of them, or maybe all three don't want them), but they're saying they do knowing that teams like us might hand them Tay, or one of last seasons rookies to jump into there spot. Minnesota wants a wing player (Johnson or Aminu most likely - but they'd probably also really like Tay there, and a player like Davis would be a fine fit too - that team needs big PF or C who can defend and Davis fits the kind of athlete they'd need to run up and down the floor with Rubio). Sac just got there center in Dalembert, GS doesn't want a slow the pace guy (perhaps). The guys coming after the #6 pick are possibly all better fits.

But we're desperate, and they know it. And other teams are bidding as well. It's just that we've got the 7th pick, which is a much better selection than the other teams can offer.

I also think Al Jefferson might be in play.

Should be really interesting.
  3. Brap

Brap Starter

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

They're really going to make us pay for this kid. They're going to force Joe out of his conservative comfort zone, but c'mon Joe, this kid could be the next Moses Malone. BTW if you've never seen Moses play in his prime, Shame on you!! Go look at his career stats, simply AMAZING! And Moses was no athletic freak of nature either.
  5. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

So, basically Joe is being forced to give up assets to the team Pistons beat to end the season, thus compromising any chance of a top 3 pick.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If the Pisotns end up with someone like Cold Aldrich I am going to bum out.
  7. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Few of DeMarcus' games at Kentucky:

18 points and 18 rebounds in 26 minutes against Louisville; 19 points and 15 rebounds - only took eight shots! - in 26 minutes against Tennessee; 19 and 14 in 30 minutes at Mississippi State; and 16 points (on 10 shots) and 14 rebounds in only 17 minutes in Kentucky's win against Arkansas..

DeMarcus is going to run over and punish any NBA team using a 4 at the 5
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'm willing to give either jj or daye for cousins, but... folks,what houston offers?

a chance for superstar is worth of sacrifices and gambles.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah. Great detective work by the person that discovered this, but after all of these posts I've got to believe the proverbial cat is pretty much out of the bag. I'll bet at least 50 people know about the secret workout by now. :yellowprison:Hell, as many as 75 people may know.

I really hope the Pistons obtain this guy, but it's going to totally suck if the price includes J.J.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Did you notice how Cousins' stock seems to be rising today after word of the double-secret workouts hit the streets?
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

If we can get a potentially franchise changing player in Cousins, I'd easily give up Daye or even JJ.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Watched a clip of him on NBAtv tonight. Dude has zero personality. Total flatliner off the court.

Not saying that he won't be a good player.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sounds like music to my ears. If his biggest problem is that fiery hotheaded'ness on the court but he turns into a flatliner off the court, then the guy is a winner.
  14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Big Ben is kind of a boring interview himself.

Cousins fits very well with a team like ours: no star point guard, therefore he spreads the floor for the guards as well as creating space for JJ and Daye, two guys who NEED space to operate.

@Jayborne: I must say I somewhat agree with your earlier point, as I'm not on the Daye-bandwagon yet. I don't see the appeal, and I feel he hasn't shown more than the same type of hype that say for instance Jason Maxiell showed in his rookie year. Not to say he won't be a great player, but I'm going to play the doubting Thomas on this kid for now.
  15. det2atl

det2atl Second Round Draft Pick

The last time the Pistons had secret workouts they drafted Darko! nuff said.:sssh:
  16. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

Correct me if I am off-base here..... Doesn't Ben Wallace lead strictly by example? I don't think he says more than a couple words during a game at all. Those on here that think he will keep a new potential superstar center in line are probably wrong. If the Cousins doesn't show up to the gym 3 hours early like Ben (exaggeration but you get the point) I don't see Ben Wallace getting all up in his face about it. In the Cousins videos I don't see him mentioning defense, rebounding, and blocked shots much.....so what is he going to learn from Big Ben?

They are completely different from each other and a lot of what makes Ben special is his timing which is pure talent and not something you can really practice much of. The ability to get those rebounds and blocked shots because Ben has impeccable timing and a knack for the game.

Oh and if we give up JJ for him I will be super pissed and might end up becoming a Jazz fan. JJ is everything the franchise is supposed to be about and I think that guy has so much potential through sheer willpower and hard work that he is going to become one of the most special Pistons of all time. I have seen enough from Daye to think that he can be good but I don't see the confidence and swagger that a playoff contending Pistons team will need. So Daye can go imo if that is what it takes to get Cousins.
  17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

How about Stuckey? :stirthepot:
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm having a hard time believing that Stuckey's stock (outside Detroit) is much higher than JJs right now.
  19. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I think you are referencing the 2004 version of Ben Wallace. Since Ben has been back in detroit, he is much more vocal and a true leader if the articles that I have been reading about Ben W is correct.
  20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

What about INSIDE Detroit?
    Who is more valued, Jeb or Stuck?

(BTW, thanks for the nice little Fathers Day message! :))