Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos: Cutler Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Latinoking90, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

The Bears haven't had a good QB in over 50 years. Jim McMahon is the only guy they can hang their hat on for that time as being decent. In 15 seasons, his highest season totals are as follows:

Games played 13 - injuries every season ???
    Yards passed 2,400 yards - Not Much !!!
    Years played with more than ten games appeared 5 - Yikes !!!
    Best passer rating 82 - where's JOEY !!!
    Most TD passes in a season 15 - where's Karl Sweetan !!!
    And he played 15 seasons........

I think Da BEARS have finally made a move that makes sense. This guy is better than all of their previous QBs for the past 50 seasons.
  2. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Mr bear himself was interviewed yesterday about the trade and he said that even though cutler had probably the best arm in the league he has alot to prove in the leadership area's of the game, and that stats didn't do jim justice as they had this rb back by the name of walter.... (you might have heard of him), and this def that was just a little good. So Jim was never asked to throw the ball alot, but when he had to.... they could throw the ball with the best teams of that era.

watching mike and mike this morning they were talking about how cutlers numbers stack up.... i didn't realize how pathetic denver's running game was last year, they had 2 100 yard rushing games all last year, with that kind of running attack you will be throwing alot. The bears have always been my 2nd favorite team.... and I am not sure if I like this trade or not yet, a hell of alot given up for what i think is a bit of a little kid between the ears.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

And Joey was only worth a 6 rd after 4 seasons under his belt. I still say he was worth a 2sd in trade.
  4. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With Ron Turner as offensive co-ordinator, and Marinelli coaching the defense, the Bears need Sid Luckman not Jay Cutler.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star