Detroit Pistons @ Atlanta Hawks Jan 18th, 2006

Discussion in 'January 2006 Games' started by roscoe36, Jan 17, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at the Atlanta Hawks

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7:00 PM EDT

TV: WB20
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comments on the game?
    ~~

2. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

This game is pretty much elementary, The Pistons should not waste anytime playing with these guys and put them away. Atlanta will be pump up for this game and will give it their best but in no way should the Pistons lose this game. Detroit should be able to play the bench alot of minutes if they don't come out and lay an egg in the first qrt like the Boston game. Perdict pistons 98-89:eyebrows:

Atlanta will have its largest crowd of the year for this game, Monday on MLK I think it was almost sold out so look for alot of Pistons fans their also.

When I was in Atlanta and I went to the last game Dumars played before his retirement before the Phillips arena was opened and Atlanta fans are real laid back they really are not passionate about there sports team(maybe the Braves but thats a big maybe). :confused:

3. roscoe36

Zaza will RULE YOU!

Ok, well maybe not, but I am the biggest Pachulia fan in Pistonsland and I'm really, I mean really anxious to see him play against Darko. That is, if Darko is man enough to play! :P

The trick to beating the Hawks is burying them early and limiting the looks they get from the perimeter. This would be an ideal game for Lindsey to make his comeback (although press reports indicate it probably won't happen).

Quite simply, keep Johnson under control and limit Harrington in the paint. You've got to clean the boards against Zaza, although Motown tells me he might be injured which would be like coal in my xmas stocking.

Sheed in the post, Ben on the glass, Rip off of screens, Tayshaun locking down his man. Looking forward to it. Seriously.

4. max

max All-Star

They beat us last year.

Could this be Darko's future team?

5. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

WARNING: Trap game!

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Zaza Pachulia: Hurts Right Leg

Zaza Pachulia: Hurts Right LegRotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
    Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Update: Pachulia was walking slowly to the locker room after Monday's game against the Rockets, the Atlanta-Journal Constitution reports. He apparently injured his right leg in the team's loss against the Wizards on Saturday but has been receiving treatments .....As of now, it appears Pachulia will continue to play through the pain.

7. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Programming update for the game tonight

Quick programming note for those that live in West Michigan like myself (Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo area, etc.)

The Pistons game will not be aired on this side of the state tonight.

The local station (WXSP) that airs all games that aren't broadcast on Fox sports net, chose to pull a fast one on us. Instead of broadcasting the Pistons/Hawks game tonight, they're going to air the Michigan/Northwestern College basketball game.

In other words, those of us without 'League Pass' are pretty much screwed. (Unless of course you choose to head out to Damon's or a local sports bar to catch the game)

I just got off the phone with their programming department and asked them why they would choose to air a college game instead of the NBA leading Pistons, who no doubt would bring in much better ratings. But of course the youngster on the line had no clue.

It was actually quite comical. When I called and asked for the programming department and told them I had a question about the listings tonight, the girl (sounding a little flustered) immediately came back with "Is this about the Pistons game?" I guess they've been getting flooded with calls all morning.

It serves them right for making such a boneheaded decision that!! Unbelievable. :mad:

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Re: Programming update for the game tonight

the game is on wb20, and wdfn 1130 airs all piston games no matter what.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i got it this weekend, so when I come back from happy hour , I'm watching it on my DVR..The only benefits worth working for TWCable, my bruddahs!

10. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey, what's up???

Can't get WDFN

Can't get pistonsforum until just now (9:00p.m.)

NO info on the Det. News site about the problems.

I guess I'll just have to use some patience!:)

11. roscoe36

Sorry about no PF.com chat tonight. I had a personal emergency and it looks like no other staff were around to open it up.

We'll be back tomorrow.

Sorry Woody. It's been a harrowing week on and offline. Fingers crossed, things should start looking up.

12. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't worry!

When you are as far from Detroit as I am (Bloomington,IL), I rely on you folk for the straight scoop. And you always deliver!

Take your time and get things in order. We can wait. We have patience!

13. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

No problems real life takes priority.But I can't get the Stones to stream on the net either worked first couple of games but last 3 that were on WB I can't listen on the puter.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

1st half report

Our starters came out with little energy. Yet we still ended just a point shy of 60 by the half. Delfino, Dyess, Arroyo, and Evans all provided good energy off the bench. Better, they stayed in the game. And even Dale Davis got some time out there. A good lead, going well. Our starters should end up fresh for tomorro night.

Dyess hit for 10 points. Delfino got a steal and a fast break score. Evans hit some shots, cut to the basket for a score, even hit on off his dribble after he was not open enough in the corner. But better, Evans provided good energy on those boards.

Arroyo dished out assist after assist. He broke their defense down repeatedly by dribbling the ball right into the lane. And he hit his one shot he took. And he should have helped to generate even more points. Tay missed an easy layup off one of his passes, and Davis missed both his free throws resulting from a pass. And no turnovers from Arroyo. Of course, this is not exactly a great defensive team, so I am not going to call Arroyo a world beater from this one game. But I sure liked his rebounding. The guy has a good nose for the ball.

For the starters, pretty much only Rip was hitting his shots, getting double digits in the first quarter. Sheed did finally hit a triple, and Billups hit one too, and got to the line for a three point play.

Besides his scoring, Dyess as usual was going after the boards. His energy was just as welcome as his hoops.

Again, so far, so good. Our starters had plenty of rest and should come out firing well in the 2nd half. GO PISTONS!!!!!

game report

Well, no drama at all in the 2nd half. The Pistons soon ran the score up to 30 and then it was when the bench was going to come in. Rip ended up with 21 points. CB ended up with 23 by hitting a few triples to start the 4th quarter. Dyess hit another shot, about 12 points or so for the game.

Evans did not much further of note in the 2nd half. Delfino canned a couple of triples and took a rebound coast to coast for a layup. Arroyo continued his masterful game, ending up with 9 assists. Can't remember any turnovers from him. For the game, Arroyo got 4 points, one outside shot and his 5th and 6th straight made free throw. Sure like to see people making their free throws.

Davis still has not hit a bucket for us. He had an easy chance and blew it. Davis played several minutes in the 4th quarter, then Darko came in for him. So they about split the garbage time. Darko had a couple more blocks, keeping him right up there with Pachulia for which of the two players ends up with most blocks this season. I'd bet on Darko if I were you.

Maxiell was the reciprient of a couple of those fine passes by Arroyo, and he converted them into dunks. Maxiell also got an offensive rebound. No postups for him.

Darko hit the only outside shot he took. He shoud have had an assist but Evans first fumbled the pass, then missed the shot from under the basket. Darn it.

The Pistons tied their high for the season at 117 points. Pretty amazing after the starters only managed 8 points in the first 8 minutes of the game. Our bench performed fantastic tonight, and our starters therefore will be raring to go tomorro night. GO PISTONS!!!!! PS-To Micro, Laim said Atlanta needs a big man. Kind of a serious slam on Pachulia. Yes, the guy can rebound, but thats the extent of his talent.

15. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

Agree with Lee. I was at the game and all the body language in the begining even before tip off was "when is the flight home." I was worried for awhile since it was 8-8 with 5 min left, but then delfino and Mcdyess came in and just buried the other team.

On a side note, Philips Arena was calling for Darko from the begining of the 4th, then when he finally came in on his first play the Hawks stole the ball and it was three hawks vs him. As usual, Darko backed away and got posterized. I know if that was my man JMax he would have hung in there and not giving up a dunk.

16. roscoe36

Re: game report

PS to lee

I could care less what Laimbeer thinks. He has trouble coaching in the WNBA. Last time I checked, his GM skills were a little suspect.

17. max

max All-Star

Its 11:50pm Easter Stand and the rebroadcast is now starting on WB20. Perhaps some of you who could not get it will now.

18. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

No ATL games are beign aired this season.

19. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Pure comedy.

Is it me or do you only do an in depth analysis on Evans when he has a bad game? No comments on how much of a substantial run the Pistons went on when Evans entered the game? 2 straight games of solid defense? What has Evans been doing differently to have a more + side impact on ghe game? Come on Lee, give the dude his props otherwise you need to be alot more liberal with your criticisms when he does not perform well.

20. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think Lee made a comment at the Detnews forum that he is able to judge a players talent after just a few games; refering to his devotion to Darko and Acker.

I think Mo Evans may have been judged in the same way, and once that judgement has been made, this general stays the course, no matter that overwhelming evidence may suggest a reevaluation.

Pepe Sanchez, Rodney White, Glinny, Chucky, you name it. Stay the course.

Personally, I thought Evans had an awesome game. Especially the shot off his own dribble. I was pretty sure he couldn't really do that, so it was very encouraging to see him not only make the shot but to take it with great confidence.