1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons biggest chokers of all time??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by adpreston1988, Jun 1, 2007.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

You left out that choking is when you a take 2-0 or 3-0 lead in a series, and then go on a losing streak, and after each loss say you're not concerned because losing is "no big deal".

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

buffalo bills, anyone?

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

FOR MY 100TH POST, LET ME JUST TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SAY IN ALL CAPS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER..........

KICK LABRAT'S BUTT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :gun1:

also, why isn't anyone talking about the defending champions getting swept in the first round?

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Pistons are not a choke job, by any means, for anyone to think so would be naive at best. We lost to Superman last night thats it. Last year and this year was the beginning of the new era. Wade got his and it looks like Lebron is ready to take his. These things don't last forever. To compare us to those other teams that went to 5 straight conf finals really speaks of us overachieving. Bird's Celtics.....Magic's Laker's.....and Jordan's Bull's....and the Pistons somehow squeeze 2 differnt era's into that list is nothing short of amazing.​

5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

All of those uncontested layups and dunks hardly make him Superman.
    When he does this against a team that is actually defending him (like the Spurs) I will be impressed.

Last nights effort against the soft team the Pistons have become isn't anything to put LeBron with Magic, Bird, or Jordan. Aside from Rasheed, this team is full of softies that earned reps based solely on the fact that #3 had their backs when they screwed up.

Go back and count how many times "Superman" actually had his shot contested okay? It was far outweighed by observers and guys that were too lazy to even raise their hands while they were steering clear of any and all potential foul calls.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Man go back and watch the game, he was flat out beating the rotations. In football there are times when a back gets out of the backfield so fast he actually blows past the secondary, that's what Lebron was doing last night. We literaally neede 8 men in the box to stop dude last night.

7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

But the fact still remains that players that managed to be in front of Lebron when he took jumpers repeatedly failed to do so much as raise their arm to put a hand in his face.

When Lebron got past his man, plenty of Pistons can be seen that didn't so much as make an attempt to rotate over to him, even to put him on the line.

They weren't late. They just weren't there.

In fact, some were even running away.

Are you trying to tell me that's what the '04 Pistons would have done? The Bad Boys? This year's Spurs?

The Pistons are playing like sorry sacks of crap and I refuse to label somebody "Superman" just because he decides to capitalize on the teams sorry play.

8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like there's plenty of Finger Nail Flavor Kool-Aid to go 'round these days. Everybody get a cup!:beer: :cheers: :burp: :ill: :puke:

9. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons could have won if they stopped his drives to the basket. But his jumper was unstoppable. That off balance fade away 3 was a killer. He was in the zone, it wasn't all about what the Pistons didn't do. When he was on the bench this useless bunch didn't extend the lead. They didn't to the hole when leading by 7 pts and try to take advantage by drawing fouls. Attention to detail and execution killed them.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The only J where they didn't get a hand in his face is when he hit the trey in front of the Pistons Bench and Webber didn't challenge the shot he turned towards the basket???? Now that play pissed me off, but I later came to the realzation that he would have hit it anyway, because the Hand would have been token at best, his elevation on the shot was too good.

11. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

I honestly don't know what choke means. Really. People seem to use the term in reference to teams that are losing when they should be winning. But who the hell is to say when a team should be winning or losing? If everyone knew that why bother playing the game?

Anyway, it's a peeve of mine that the word choke gets tossed around so casually. We're losing. That's what's happening. Teams lose. They score less points than the other guys, for more reasons than can be briefly summarized here. This whole business of whether a team choked or not is just meaningless to me. What matters is who's left standing at the end.

12. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Choke
    Choke
    Choke

Long days, couldn't watch the end of the game, but when I fell asleep, we were up 5, 2 minutes to go, and we were HANDLING this team. Today at work, around noon, decide to check the final score, and WE LOST!!!!

CHOKE

Then I read about people comparing Lebron to Isaih scoring the last like 18 or something points in a quarter, and I'm starting to get sick.

Flip is choking, horrible substitutions.
    Players are getting tired, even though Flip thinks it's all in their head.

Well here's a lesson for Flip. Lebron was kept out of the first 4 or 5 minutes of the 4th, because the coach wanted him to be rested for the end run. Guess what, it worked.