Detroit @ Portland Game 6 - Fri. Nov 11th 2005

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by roscoe36, Oct 2, 2005.

1. max

max All-Star

Thanks

My Shtick though it that I always pick to the Pistons to win. But I was not very sure about this game. We just saw the Pistons lose so many games like this in the past. Typical winning streak type of win pulling it out in the end like that.
    Just like in the PHX game. All the energy and momentum was on the opponents side and it looked like the other team truly thought they were going to win ( PHX more than POR ). Both teams must be shaking their heads and wondering what happened.

I would not worry about the bench. Two issues here.

1) I think Flip wanted to make a statement on the 1st West Coast trip. He talked about what a great opportunity it was to gell the team so its natural to expect that he would go with a shorter lineup.

I also wonder if its something like someone getting a new and more powefull car and wanting to show it off. Minni had some great teams but not as good as his Pistons. The West has been his home for his entire career.

2) Had to keep the streak alive.

He is having the same problem LB had with the frontcourt. These guys are so good you tend to play them more than you planned. But he will open up the bench more and will get Darko ready for the post-season as we do need a Center in the lineup.

Evans has been doing his job as a servicable backup its interesting how Delfino is starting to get into the rotation. I wonder if Delfino will start taking more and more of Evans mins.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No doubt. I was surprised how big Miles has become. 2 years ago, he looked more like Tayshaun than Randolph.

Miles has the same problem all young guys do. They wouldn't be in the league if they weren't talented, it's becoming a professional and developing consistency that makes some players great.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

A little Off topic... but I'm never sure about the reasoning for certain players getting PT this time of year... You never know if Joe & co. have a deal in the works... Dale Davis playing ahead of Darko may just be a matter of giving him a chance to get some burn.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yes Miles is a surprise this year... we used to be able to give him space and play the drive... now he's developed a decent jump shot.

He did have a little luck posting up Tay... but I'll take those odds any day of the week.

5. max

max All-Star

Fatigue

Miles played great. have to keep in mind that the only games they had played were at home on the 5th, and the 9th so they were waiting for the Pistons last night.

Early fatigue had something to do with Miles and Randolph getting so many easy basketts. But the team locked things down in 4th when it mattered.

6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

they killed us on the boards 43-30 they shot 50 to our 43 they had home-court, and they had a 10 point lead going to the half. we still managed to pull out a win mainly because of our defense shutting down portland to 33 second half points, and only 13 in the third quarter. we caused them to give up the ball 15 times while the pistons only turned it over 6 times. it was a sloppy win mainly because we had a pretty fast game with phoenix, and one of the assistant coaches was on the post-game show, and he said it took till about 3-4 in the morning for the team to get settled in the hotel, and that they had some sort of meeting with the players around 10-11 AM. after we get a lot of rest before our next game on tuesday against thee celtics we should win by a lot.

7. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Well,

that was a classic case of a veteran team beating an inexperienced one. We got outshot and outrebounded and still won the game. Pretty ugly but it's encouraging that we can still gut wins out like this one. I checked the stat sheet after the game because I felt from watching like we had been outplayed and wanted to see what the difference was. We committed 6 TOs to 15 for the Blazers.

I thought our D tightened up in the second half. Our offense looked too much like last year's-too much iso stuff and not enough movement. And we got hammered on the boards in the first half. But I agree we were playing on tired legs, especially Tay and Ben.

Chauncey and 'Sheed won this one for us. I thought 'Sheed came up huge in the fourth, both offensively and defensively.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

we probably did bad offensively because of the late game the day before in phoenix, fatigue plays a huge part in games too. we did good defensively though.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

From the Hoopsworld recap (their Portland guy loves the Blazers and has awesome inside connections).

Complete Article

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i never knew rip was hurt.

11. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

West Coast Swing

Oh what a feeling !!! Not sure I could stand another midnight affair though.

Night all.:sleep:

12. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

No doubt the Pistons experience once again got them over the hump with the upstart blazers. At this point in time the blazers are not the best outside shooting squad and are certaintly NOT a smart team whatsoever! The play where d. miles foolishly hustled to save a ball that was sure to be a Pistons turnover was a prime example of the lack of intelligence they play with at times. I could do nothing but laugh at this extreme bonehead play miles made, especially when randolph frankly asked him "what the %%%% are you doing?" As a matter of fact the blazers have always been a very athletic & physical team even back to the bad boys days... But just as then with guys like kevin duckworth, jerome kersey, etc they have never been an intelligent squad in my humble opinion.

When a squad dominates the glass and shots a better FG% than another as portland did vs Detroit they should win the game going away.... But when you don't play smart basketball in the process you still can end up on the losing end of the stick just as the blazers did the other night. Just makes ya even more proud to be a Pistons fan!

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

hey lee...

Have i told u yet that I lov u?...my bruddah?

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Hey, homeboy Dre

I will be at the ToyCen Friday on the bench side of Pistons but behind backboard!...My bruddah!

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Hey Lap!...

We got to get 10-15 minutes a game out of DD! We needs his legs to roll for at least 65 games or when he logs serious minutes, he gon come up lame. I would love 2 see a game where we started all bench players for 30-36 minutes!...my bruddahs...(hey , sounds like a thread!)

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Hey Abe....

I may be crazy, but Miles would be a star on this team. He's from East stLouis and he's Rodman-like talented with a little blhblhblhbbblh!..Put him in a rotation here and we'd win three in a row(titles that is),. Miles aint scurred!!
    my bruddah!

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Hey goil!

Happy Veterans day from your Desert storm corporal!! Your gift is 6-0!!!Enjoy your boys.....my sistah!!

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

From Mitch Albom's editorial parting shot on Sports Reporters (edited 4 content-whatever the hell dat means)

"Last week during intro's , the Sac Kings welcomed the visiting Stones with images of burning cars, busted buildings and boarded up houses...so obviously they never forgiven us for sending them Chris Webber!:laugh: As a detroiter, i can respond by saying sac is so wonderful even the govenor flys away on weekends, but i wont, cuz I'm a detroiter..and were nice in Detroit(highlight of Evans dunk)...edit- anyhow when Detroiters see bashing like this, we weep, for the lack of originality in this country.....the next game, the Kings can flash another image of Detroit ..6 and 0..now put that in your cowbell and clang it!!!!!!!My bruddahs!....Hey Mitch said" mY Bruddahs"!

19. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Miles

Saw part of the first half while Miles was eating us up. I wondered at the time whether Darko could have given him some trouble. Do you think he would have gotten beaten off the dribble every time?

What happened to our shot blockers?

20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe someone mentioned this, but did anyone hear Bill Walton complain that the Blazers have "shot their wad"? Classic.